Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Good Enough

Chapter 9

by masquerade37 0 reviews

Secrets are revealed, and everything is brought to light.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-10-08 - Updated: 2007-10-09 - 1474 words - Complete

0Unrated
Odie and Dani sat in silence in his room. She was looking at him expectantly, he had said he wanted to talk. He just couldn't find the words.

"Odie... is there something wrong?" She put her hand on his shoulder, but he shook it off. She recoiled a little taken aback.

"It's just... why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" She asked genuinely confused.

"That you had a thing for Archie!" he kinda yelled, but it didn't matter one way or another to him.

"W-What?" she looked befuddled, but he knew, and he knew she knew he knew.

"You guys have been playing me since you go here, and last night, everything was clear. You ran to him first, the look you gave him before you fell... I don't care really..." he lyed, "I just wanna know, why?"

Dani looked confused for a split second then started to giggle, then burst out in laughter. Odie looked at her with nothing but hate in his eyes as she fell off the bed still laughing. She was mocking him... she was making fun of him. Haha! You got me... but it wasn't that funny, you kinda stepped on my heart there. Not cool.

"O-Odie, it's-it's really not like that." She said, calming down getting back on the bed.

Odie stood up angrily and crossed the room. He spun around quickly. "Then what is it?"

"Archie..." she looked suddenly angry and ashamed, "he's... well... as much as I hate to admit it, he's my brother."

"That's..." Odie suddenly paused. That wasn't what he was thinking at all. That was like, the complete other side of the map! Utterly impossible! All he could say was: "Uh... eh?"

"He's my brother. I hate mentioning it..."

"Your last name!" Odie knew she trying to fool him, she had to be. This was immposible. "Mr Cronk keeps calling you 'Miss Cade' that's not Archie's last name!"

"Ya, well, I had to register with an alias, so I wasn't recognised as his sister. I like to keep myself parted from him as much as possible."

"Then yesterday! That hug didn't see very hateful!"

"I thought, when I was falling, that I'd never see him again. He hates me, it's not really the other way around."

"Why? And why didn't you think about me?"

"First: that's on a need-to-know basis. and you don't need to know just yet. Second: I knew I was gonna die with me on your good side, not like with Archie."

"Fine, here's another one: you're not dead."

"That's... observant."

"I mean you didn't die yesterday! And when Archie hit you across the back with that staff, I saw your back move... and you don't wear an ankle brace!"

Dani sighed. "Apperantly 'need-to-know' doesn't stretch as far as it used to. You should sit for this."

Odie sat in his computer chair with his arms crossed.

"Do you recall anyone here telling you that I was 'special' or 'powerful'?"

"Ya. Hera said you were supposed to be really powerful."

"Well, you're gonna think I'm insane, have you ever seen X-Men?"

"Yes."

"Wolverine?"

"Go on."

"I seem to have the same rapid regeneration he has."

Odie just looked skeptical.

"That's why you saw my back move, it was healing why I didn't die, and why I don't wear a brace."

"Why didn't you take a weapon then?" This was all too weird.

"Well, some phsyco found out that I'm... different and he pulled off the same stunt as that doctor did in X-Men."

"Metal bones?" she nodded. "Prove it."

She held out her fist and three blades slid out, nice and clean.

"This is insane. I don't know why... but I still don't believe it." Odie said covering his mouth.

"I know, that's why Archie hates me. He always said I was a freak... and the guy who got this idea, he's been following me since I was ten... he caught me after Archie left, and did this to me. He said I was a freak, and now I could be an authentic movie piece. I managed to escape, but not after he did this to me."

Odie had only a few more questions to ask. "Who else knows about those?"

"Aside from you and me..." he nodded, "no one. Not even Archie."

Odie nodded. He had no idea what to think. It all seemed so unreal. How could this happen to her? this was totally far fetched... she had the same power as a... /movie character/? I couldn't be. And yet, it was.

"How?"

"I have no idea, I've been this was as long as I can remember. Only Archie, my mom and dad know. And, well, you know too, but... that's it. And only you and I know about... ya. That's the only reason I don't wear an ankle brace, my ankle's as weak as Archie's, but I'm not affected because of this. It still doesn't make sense to me."

Odie understood now, she was like Theresa, only Theresa was clairvoyant, not regenerative. There was only one question left...

"Just how old are you?"

"I'll be seventeen in three weeks."

That made enough sense. Archie was fifteen...

"So you're older?"

"Ya, I don't look it, but it doesn't matter. Why?"

"Well I thought you were younger, and that would have made you at most fourteen, and that would have been kinda awkward, since I'm sixteen..."

"That's sweet." Dani smiled at him and he knew then that everything she had just told him was true. One smile can tell you a lot about a person, if they tell the truth, if they tell you the truth. And she was telling the truth. Every word.

Odie stood and sat on the bed next to her. He took one of her hands in his. She looked away for a minute.

"What's wrong?"

"Is this okay? I mean, me. Am I, is this... uh. Is this thing okay with you?"

"You mean the power thing?" she nodded. "Ya, it's fine."

"I'm sorry... I popped all this on you at once, this shouldn't all have come out at once, it was just..."

"Don't apologise, I'm sorry. I was a little too nosy."

"Well, it would have come up eventually, and better sooner than later I g..."

He cut her off with a kiss, sweet, gentle and long. He could feel her smiling.

When the broke apart she seemed to stare right through him.

"Wow..." she finally whispered.

"Have I told you yet that I'm glad you're my girlfriend?"

She smiled big. "I feel the same way funny enough..."

"Funny? How's that funny?"

"It's just, being who I am, I wasn't sure anyone could ever be happy to have me around..."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Odie gestured to the closet and Dani jumped right in closing the door behind her. She peeked through the slats as Odie opened the door.

"Hey," Odie said opening it wide.

"Hey, have you seen Dani?" It was Archie, he walked in to the room and looked around.

"Why?"

"I just wanted to see if she was okay, I mean we've had... differences already. I don't know if you knew, but she's actually my sister?"

"Older or younger?" Odie suppressed a smile.

"Younger, she'll tell you different, but you can tell I'm older."

"Archie you little /liar/!" Dani opened the door and Archie got pale white.

"I, eh, I didn't know you were in..."

"Ya, well I'm doing fine thanks."

Archie turned to Odie. "I guess she told you everything right?"

"Ya," they said in unison. "And more," Dani added. Archie looked a little uncomfortable at that comment.

"You know that, thing, power I have?" he nodded. "You know that creepy guy we always thought was following us?" he nodded again. "He was. He kinda, well..." she showed him, and he got pale as a ghost.

He took her hand and examined the knives. "I'll kill him..." he said under his breath.

"A little late for that." At this Odie looked shocked. Dani laughed. "I didn't, he died in a car wreck a month after I left California..."

"Woah!" Archie made a 't'with his hands. "You left California?"

"Ya, I've made a home in Oklahoma. I've got some cool friends there."

Archie just nodded to show he understood.

"I'll get outta your hair then..."

"Thanks," as Archie was leaving Dani said, "we cool now?"

Archie smiled, "Ya, we're good."

As he closed the door Odie grabbed Dani around the waist.

"I was right about one thing..." he said in her ear.

"And what was that exactly?"

"When Archie said I didn't know what I was getting into, he was right, I really didn't. But, I'm happy I did anyway. Your awesome, Dani."

"That's what I've been thinking about you for a long time Odie."
Sign up to rate and review this story