Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At The First Touch of Love. . .

The date from Heaven.

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Brooke goes out with the date from heaven.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-10-14 - Updated: 2007-10-15 - 1866 words

0Unrated


As Brooke walked out of class the next day she wondered what was in store for her that day.

Would she go out with William and go running back to Mark?

Would she go out with William and break the engagement off with Mark?

Or would she be just as confused as she was at the moment?

One thing was for sure, she was taking a big leap of faith on going out with him because technically speaking what she was doing would be considered cheating. . .

‘Hello?’ she said into her phone as it rang later that afternoon, she had almost given up completely on William when his voice rang through her phone.

‘Brooke?’ he asked. She could almost hear the smile in his voice.

‘It’s William.’

‘Hi.’ She smiled.

‘How are you? I hope you didn’t forget about me already.’

‘Of course not, I’m doing well.’ She smiled.

‘So I actually have a reason for calling besides wanting to hear your beautiful voice.’

‘Oh William, you are just a sweet talker.’ She giggled.

‘Well that may be but I believe we have a date together, I just wanted to let you know to wear something warm and to get directions to where to pick you up from.’

Brooke bit her bottom lip before giving him directions to her parent’s house, the time was set for 6:30 before the conversation ended. Brooke set the phone down with a smile on her face, a smile that could only be held by one in the first stages of love.

As Brooke stepped out of the shower later that night she walked into her bedroom and opened her closet door. After standing in front of it for nearly ten minutes she finally pulled out a pair of darker sevens and a white scoop neck sweater that had small glitters on it. She dressed her self layering a hot pink tank under the sweater and pairing her outfit with a pair of crystal white ballet flats before making her way into the bathroom.

As 6:30 approached Brooke walked down the steps. Her hair was in a messy loose side pony tail with a slight curl to the end. Her make up was flawless, and she looked like an angel.

‘Well sweetie, if you haven’t knocked a boy off his feet yet, I think you’ll have no problem doing it tonight.’ Her father began, ‘Are you planning to tell him you’re engaged?’

‘We’ll get there.’ She began as the door bell rang. Brooke kissed her dad’s cheek asked walked to the door grabbing her white pea coat on the way.

‘Hi…wow, you look great.’ William smiled as he stood in the door holding six pink roses.

‘Aww, that’s so sweet.’ She smiled as he handed her the flowers, ‘Let me put these in water, come in.’

William followed her inside, noticing her dad sitting in a chair reading the newspaper with CNN on in the back ground, ‘William this is my dad, Andrew Ryan.’

‘Nice to meet you sir.’ William said shaking his hand.

‘Take care of my little girl.’ He smiled.

‘I intend to.’ William said before placing Brooke’s hand on his arm and leading her out the door.

‘So what are we doing tonight?’ Brooke asked as she was safely buckled in William’s warm BMW while he pulled out of the drive way.

‘Well I thought that we could go for the cheesy Italian for our main coarse and then go with some ice skating for dessert.’ He smiled.

‘I can’t even remember the last time I went ice skating.’

‘Really? Everyone should go ice skating at least once a month.’ William smiled looking over at him.

‘I agree.’ Brooke smiled looking over at him. The rest of the ride to the restaurant was quiet but not awkward. The simple sounds of Blink played in the back ground as they drove watching the light snow fall around the car as the head lights shown through the small flakes falling covering the ground in a layer of simple beauty.

‘Here we are milady.’ William smiled pulling into a parking spot in the parking lot of Noodle’s, Brooke’s favorite restaurant. William got out of the car and walked around the side of the car and opened the door holding his hand out to help her out of the car.

‘Thank you.’ She smiled as she looked into his gorgeous eyes.

‘You’re welcome.’ He smiled as he was still holding her hand. Brooke laced her fingers with his as they walked across the parking lot to the doors.

‘So what’s your story?’ William asked.

‘My story?’

‘Yeah, everyone has a story. What’s yours?’

‘Well I was born in Rochester New York, I lived with my real mom and dad until I was four then I was put up for adoption. They didn’t want a kid apparently. I was in an agency for three months before the Ryan’s came along and adopted me. My dad is a therapist; my mom is a fifth grade teacher. I have a brother named Silas, who I think is going for a world record for the biggest Mohawk. I graduated from a private school in New York City. I go to school here in Ithica; I’m majoring in fashion merchandising.’

‘You were adopted?’ William asked.

‘Yeah but I don’t think it’s a big deal, I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have the Ryan’s. They are the only parents I need.’

‘Is your brother adopted too?’

‘Yeah, they adopted him when he was thirteen, he bounced from broken home to broken home, he was on the verge of getting into some real trouble before my parents came along. No he’s a straight edge and about to graduate top of his class and go to NYU.’

‘Wow, that’s good to hear.’ William smiled as the waiter brought their water and bread out.

‘So what about you Beckett, what is a guy like you doing so lonely he comes to the pound to get a dog?’

‘I do a lot of traveling, it’s hard to have a steady girlfriend or even a steady friend sometimes so I figured I could get a dog and he’d solve all of my problems.’ William laughed.

‘Well you picked a good dog.’

‘Now all I have to do is find the girl to have him with.’

‘I’m sure you’ll find her someday.’

‘Who knows, maybe I already have.’ William smiled looking up at Brooke. If she had been standing, her knees would have given way to his smile.

The rest of dinner went smoothly; Brooke was beginning to fall for this light hearted funny singer but not as hard as he was falling for her.

‘So are you ready to see my mad talent on the rink?’ William asked as they pulled up outside of the ice rink.

‘Bring it Beckett.’ Brooke laughed as he opened her door. After getting skates and getting laced up they made their way to the ice rink. Brooke had almost forgotten how beautiful it was at night. The Christmas lights hung surrounding the rink if a soft glow lighting up the snow flakes falling from the heavens. The ice held many young couples as they skated hand in hand decked in mittens and hats and the love radiated off the rink as Brooke and William stepped on.

Brooke stood for a moment watching as the couples skated around. William stood next to her watching not the couples but her. She was beautiful. Simply beautiful. The best kind of beautiful.

‘Come on.’ He whispered taking her hand as she skated hand in hand around the rink.

‘I remember when I was little my mom and dad used to take me ice skating at Rockefeller Center around Christmas time. It was beautiful.’ Brooke smiled looking up at the sky. William skated around her putting his arms around her waist.

‘You’re beautiful.’ He whispered brushing some hair behind her ears as the song ‘This I promise you’ Began to play on the loud speakers. Brooke smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist as well. Brooke laid her head on his chest listening to the song play on the speakers.

There was something behind this song besides beautiful lyrics and beautiful voices, it was fate. Brooke smiled as she heard William sing along with Justin Timberlake’s voice softly. William took Brooke’s hands and brought them up to rest around his neck as he sang to her. Brooke smiled as they stood together listening to the song.

‘This is going to be our song.’ William whispered in her ear kissing it gently as Brooke shivered a little bit still holding onto William.

‘Are you cold already?’ William asked parting from the hug they were standing in.

‘It’s snowing out here silly.’ Brooke laughed looking up at him.

‘We’ll let’s see if we can warm you up.’ William said taking her hand and skating backwards in front of her.

‘Oh so you think your big and bad because you can skate backwards huh?’ Brooke asked dropping his hand.

‘Well you know I do what I can.’ He shrugged.

‘Me too.’ Brooke smiled turning around to face him before doing a pirouette and a loop. William watched as her beauty matched that of the environment. She was like an angel, an angel that was sent to him to make his life complete. William smiled while looking down at the glass like surface before looking up to find Brooke smiling at him. He laughed softly as he opened her arms to her. She skated towards him picking up speed as she did. Brooke skated into him going faster then he thought knocking him over as he caught her in the process.

Brooke laughed as William rolled over pinning her between himself and the ice while he laughed right along with her. William watched as she laughed melting into the smile on her face. Brooke looked up at him and stopped laughing as he tucked strands of hair behind her ears.

‘Brooke, do you believe in love?’ he asked.

Brooke studied his face as she caressed his cheek, ‘I think I’m starting to.’ She smiled before William’s lips touched hers in a kiss so hot it was enough to melt the snow. Brooke smiled softly as all thoughts of mark seeped from her head surrounding it with William.

‘I had a good time tonight.’ Brooke smiled as they stood on the front steps of her house.

‘I did too.’ He smiled towering over her petite body, ‘Can I see you again?’

For a split second, Brooke felt guilty for doing this to Mark, but she had to know if William was the one, ‘I’d like that.’ She smiled before standing up tall and kissing him goodnight.

With out a natural disaster hitting New York, Mark was up a creek with out a paddle as Brooke fell in love with William Beckett.
Sign up to rate and review this story