Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Girlfriend

Hate That I Love You

by jengrey 3 reviews

‘And I hate that I love you so… so…’ They were one, even though they couldn’t stand it, and no one could break them apart.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-10-20 - Updated: 2007-10-20 - 785 words

0Unrated
Chapter 16: Hate That I Love You

Tears streamed down her face as she drove off drove the streets, no pedestrians except for people getting home late from work. She parked the car after a long drive in the quiet park that she knew so well and loved so much, locked the car and set the alarm. She couldn’t risk allowing the possibility that it could be stolen.
She strolled in the park for hours, not feeling the cold in her legs and the brisk wind on her face. Her tears felt like ice splattered across her face as it began to rain. She stopped in front of the treacherous large pond in which Jay once saved a boy from drowning in. She fell to her knees, pain and numbness crashing onto her, like a migraine reaching her whole body.
‘Ahh!’ She screamed into the darkness of the water, pounding the icy grass with weak fists. She needed to scream, just to get rid of everything and just…stop time. Have everything just all stop, for a moment at least… or for forever…

‘That’s how much I love you (yeah)
That’s how much I need you (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And I can’t stand ya,’ she shook her head as tears fell to her already wet jeans.
‘Must everything you do
make me wanna smile
Can I not like you for awhile
No…’

Back at the Brownstone, Jay was walking around in the backyard, Brooke sleeping soundly on the couch from sleeping pills. She would stay there the night then go back to school the next day. He fell to the ground as it began to rain.
‘I hope you’re safe Theresa,’ He begged the heavens.

‘But you won’t let me
You upset me girl
and then you kiss my lips
All of a sudden I forget
that I was upset
Can’t remember what you did.’

‘But I hate it!’ She screamed from the ground.
‘You know exactly what to do,’ she cried.
‘So that I can’t stay mad at you
For too long, that’s wrong,’

Jay didn’t want anything bad to happen to Theresa at all…not one thing.

‘Girl, I hate it
You know exactly how to touch
So that I don’t wanna fuss and fight no more
So I despise that I adore you,’

‘And I hate how much I love you boy—’

‘Yeah,’

‘I can’t stand how much I need you—’

‘I need you,’

‘And I hate how much I love you boy—’

‘Ooh,’

‘But I just can’t let you go
And I hate that I love you so...’

‘And you completely know the power that you have!
The only one that makes me laugh,’ he tried to laugh, but no sound of that kind escaped his lips, the lips that Theresa loved.

‘Sad and it’s not fair how you take advantage of the fact that I,’ Theresa hated the fact that she couldn’t let go of one boy.
‘Love you beyond the reason why
And it just ain’t right!’

‘And I hate how much I love you girl
I can’t stand how much I need you
And I hate how much I love you girl
But I just can’t let you go,’ He couldn’t help loving her, but he refused to allow himself to accept his feelings for her.
‘And I hate that I love you so—‘

‘One of these days maybe your magic won’t affect me,’ Theresa stared into the black lake and saw Jay’s face staring back at her.
‘And your kiss won’t make me weak,’ she slapped the water, the small wasves obscuring his face.

‘But no one in this world knows me the way you know me—’ they sang simultaneously.

‘So you’ll probably always have a spell on me...’

‘That’s how much I love you,’

‘How much I need you,’

‘That’s how much I need you,’

‘That’s how much I love you,’

‘That’s how much I need you,’

‘And I hate that I love you sooo...!’ They sang together, as one.

‘And I hate how much I love you boy,’
‘Hey!’
‘I can’t stand how much I need you,’

‘I can’t stand how much I need you,’

‘And I hate how much I love you boy,’

‘Yeah...ooh,’

‘But I just can’t let you go,’

‘But I just can’t let you go, no,’

‘And I hate that I love you so,’

‘And I hate that I love you so… so…’ They were one, even though they couldn’t stand it, and no one could break them apart.
Sign up to rate and review this story