Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and The Power He Has Not

Prolog - Attack

by Clell65619 3 reviews

AU 7th book, Dumbledore is gone, the Ministry and Hogwarts in disarray, Harry and his friends are the only hope, but then Harry's Magic is gone. Some times it really sucks to be Harry Potter. HPHG ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2007-10-21 - Updated: 2007-10-22 - 578 words - Complete

5Original

A/N: I own none of this. Honest. Nope, not me. I most certainly don't own the rights to a billion dollar literary work. Ibarely own my 92 Dakota. This was my first Fic, be gentle.

Harry Potter and the Power He Had Not.



"We're with you whatever happens," said Ron. "But, mate, you're going to have to come round my mum and dad's house before we do anything else, even Godric's Hollow."

/ /

/"Why?" /

/ /

"Bill and Fleur's wedding, remember?"



Harry looked at him, startled; the idea that anything as normal as a wedding could still exist seemed incredible and yet wonderful.

/ /

"Yeah, we shouldn't miss that," he said finally.

/ /

His hand closed automatically around the fake Horcrux, but in spite of everything, in spite of the dark and twisting path he saw stretching ahead for himself, in spite of the final meeting with Voldemort he knew must come, whether in a month, in a year, or in ten, he felt his heart lift at the thought that there was still one last golden day of peace left to enjoy with Ron and Hermione.

/ /

The Hogswarts express pulled into Kings Cross station on time, but 2 weeks early. Crowds of worried parents were waiting for their children, though the crowd was substantially smaller than usual, given the number of students withdrawn before Dumbledore's funeral.



Harry Potter stepped down from the car, reaching back to help Ron with their own, Ginny's and Hermione's trunks. (for all of their belief in liberation and equality, Hermione and Ginny were more than willing to make use of the strong back and weak mind of the male of the specie). Ginny approached with a trolley which Harry dutifully loaded.



Surveying the platform one last time to ensure that there were no stragglers, Hermione (ever the Prefect)indicated that she was ready to go. Before they could move however an excited Gryffindor first year approached dragging a man in muggle clothing... Her father?



"Harry!" the female firsty chirped. "My dad wants to meet you"



The tall man extended his hand "Mr. Potter"



Trying to think of the girls name so as to address her father properly, reached to take the offered hand, not noticing the large ring the man wore rotated so that the stone faced toward the inside of his hand. Hermione noticed that the man was not making eye contact with Harry or his daughter, and started to reach for Harry's arm, but she was too late.



As soon as the rings large red stone made contact with Harry's flesh, it detached from its mounting and burrowed into Harry's flesh, and Harry Potter, the Boy who lived, began to scream. His clothing started smoking from the heat emanating from his body.



The first years father stared down at him dully and said "A gift from the Dark Lord"



Ron had his wand in the man's face, but the glazed look on the mans face stopped him from uttering the hex on his lips. "Shit, he's Imperioed." The first year was staring at Harry in horror with her hands fluttering at her sides like little wings. Ginny was screaming while trying to help Harry, the heat from his body was actually burning her. Hermione stared at her best friend unable to believe what was happening; she could actually see his bones glowing through his exposed flesh.



Aurors responding to the disturbance, Kingsley and Tonks among them, the crowd staring at Harry's screaming form continued to grow.
Sign up to rate and review this story