Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and The Power He Has Not

Arrival

by Clell65619 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2007-10-26 - Updated: 2007-10-26 - 1186 words - Complete

2Original


A/N: No Copyrights were harmed in the production of this work. No money exchanged hands, no real ideas were generated, only minor discussions of my attempts of humor occurred.



Last time on The Power He has Not:



Hogwarts

Room of Requirements:

May 12th



"I've been talking to Luna." Susan hesitated. Many people wrote Luna Lovegood off as a, well, loon. Susan had always found her to be exceptionally helpful and informed, if not exactly lucid. "She says that Harry's going to win."



"Ron said something about her being some kind of seer."



"She says she can see her own personal future. She says Harry's going to win, but no one she knows will ever see him again." She started to cry. "It's not fair. He's only 17. Why aren't there armies of adults there to fight these monsters? Why is it Harry?"



"It's because they're afraid. Harry's afraid too, but more than that he's angry. If Luna's right and he does die, he would be the first to tell you that he would far rather die on his feet than on his knees. His one regret will be leaving Hermione. If only they had realized what everyone else saw a lot earlier."



Harry Potter and the Power He Has Not.

Chapter 34 - Arrival



Hogwarts

Great Hall:

May 20th



Hermione was enjoying the conversation that accompanied dinner tonight. The theory behind love potions was always a popular topic among the Gryffindor Witches. Most at the table claimed to find the idea of USING such apotion to be a horrible idea (and an insult to their female sexuality), but the theory of how that worked was fascinating. Dinner was (as usual) wonderful. She made a mental note to go down to the kitchen later to thank the Elves.



From behind her she heard Luna say "Hermione, there's someone here to see the head girl."



Hermione turned and saw only Luna. "Who needs me?"



"There's a boy in the Entryway that is too embarrassed to come through, the head boy is busy: she nodded toward Cornfoot who appeared to be breaking up a fight between a pair of first years, "I thought that you could handle it."



"Did someone prank him?"



"I think you need to see this for yourself."



Hermione excused herself from the conversation and left to sort out the problem. She got to the Entryway a few moments later and did not see anyone.



"Hello? Did someone need help?"



"I think I'm having heart problems." Harry stepped from the shadows. "It seems to be missing. Have you found one?"



She ran to him and enveloped him into her arms with asqueal, covering his mouth with her own. She vaguely heard a round of applause start behind her, she broke the kiss and turned to see most of the DA applauding the pair being together again.



"Thanks everyone. I think I'd best go find the Headmistress to see if I can spend the night." He took Hermione by the hand and together they headed off to the Headmistresses office.



Ad they approached the Gargoyle that guarded the door, Professor McGonagall came out to meet them, her spy network was evidently pretty good. "Mr. Potter, welcome back."



"Thank you Professor, it's good to be here, I've missed the staff than this old castle so much. I hope you don't mind I'm having a little party on the 25th just outside your gates."



"Why would I mind getting good seats for a party like that?" She turned serious. "I take it your magic problem hasn't cleared up?"



"No Professor, if anything it's worse than when I last saw you."



"Then what are you going to do?"



He smiled "I'll do what you taught me Professor, my best. I've got a plan, don't worry."

Harry saw that her worried look did not change a bit. "Let me say that getting her without magic was a lot of fun. From London to here, 5different trains, a ferry, three busses, and then an 8 hour hike cross country. Is there any chance an old student could beg a bed for the night?"



The Headmistress smiled, "I believe the Head Boy room in the Gryffindor Heads suite has been empty fairly often this year. I'm sure you would be comfortable there for as long as you want it."



"Thank you Professor, with your permission, I need to get some sleep, I'm exhausted. Could I look you up tomorrow?



"I'm always available for my former students. Good Night Mr. Potter, Ms. Granger" and she returned to her office.



Hogwarts

Gryffindor Common Room:

May 20th



Hermione led Harry up to the Gryffindor common room, where pretty much every Gryffindor was waiting for them, everyone wanted to shake Harry's hand or hug him, or in the case of the 7th year girls kiss him. Hermione tolerated it for as long as she could before she dragged him to the entrance of the Heads suite.



In the Head suite common room Ron, Luna, Neville and Susan were waiting. Their greetings were affectionate and short. The girls reading Hermione's body language and pulling the men in their lives out of the suite. She then led him by the hand to the Head Boy's room. Where they kissed. Had it been 4 months? She broke the kiss when she absolutely had to breathe, and excused herself.



Hermione went to her own room, brushed her teeth, and undressed. She then pulled on a nightshirt and returned to his room. He was not there, but she could hear the shower running. She got into the bed and waited. Harry came into the room still toweling him self dry, startled to see her there.



"Get your ass into this bed Potter," she growled.



Hogwarts

Gryffindor Common Room:

May 20th



Lavender, and Pavarti had invited Padma, Susan and Hannah to the common room to discuss the lucky witch that Hermione Granger most certainly was.



"I don't know what he's been doing, but Merlin, what abody." Lavender said playing with her Harry doll.



"Hermione said he was learning non magical combat" Padma offered, pulling her Harry out of her book bag. "It seems Luna was right, his bum IS tasty."



"Who are you and what have you done with my sister?" Pavarti laughted, "since when are you thinking such thoughts?"



"I've always had them Pav, I just don't act on them." Padma sniffed. "Though I must admit, if anything were to happen to Hermione, I'd be willing to console him."



"If Luna is to be believed, it's Hermione that's going to need consoling," said Susan gloomily. "Ron is saying that she's some kind of seer. And she doesn't see Harry after the 25th."



"I don't know if I believe all that seer stuff." Offered Hannah who was teasing Susan with her Harry doll "most of the predictions seem awfully vague. Harry has literally walked into hell more times than he's played Quidditch, he's still here. My money's on Harry kicking You-Know-Who's butt."



"I think you're all missing the most important of Luna's predictions." Lavender interjected. "The battle is supposed to ruin my hair do..."















ooo000ooo---

Sign up to rate and review this story