Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Happily N'ever After

Prologue: Call Me When You're Sober

by releasethepants 0 reviews

The late night wake up call that started it all...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-10-26 - Updated: 2008-10-08 - 903 words

0Unrated
This was never how I wanted it to end up. How did I get here? Six months ago I was on top of the world. I had my life planned out, and it was looking good, for once. And now…It's all crumbling down around me, leaving me to choke on the ash and claw at the rubble that was once, what seemed to be, the beginning of a happily ever after. But who was I kidding, happily ever after wasn't meant for me.



Prologue

"You never call me when you're sober. You only want me cause' it's over." -Evanesence




Tick tock, tick tock, knock-knock, tick to-wait…

My lids flutter open slowly as I realize the ticking of the clock I'd been silently following in an attempt to bore myself to sleep, had been interrupted by the distinct rapping of knuckles on wood. I look over to the clock on my nightstand, squinting as I try to make out the green numbers illuminated on its screen; 2:45AM. Perfect.

With a very audible groan I push back the covers and sit up, reaching my arm out, feeling for my glasses. I locate them a moment later, only after managing to knock over a picture frame and an unopened bottle of water. My eyes adjust to the darkness as I stand, tugging at the bottom of my shorts where they've started to creep up. Then the knocking returns, more persistent, and much louder this time. "Ugh, I'm coming! Don't get your panties in a bunch…"

I stumble into the living room, tripping over the purse I'd disregarded earlier, a soft stream of curses leaving my lips as I hop towards the door. I lift my head, stretching on tippy toes to see through the peep-hole. I should have known. My fingers fumble with the deadbolt and I pull the door open just a crack, peeking out at the very clearly inebriated man standing in front of me. "What do you want Jason?"

He grins at me stupidly, leaning in, using the door frame to keep himself up, "Yooouuuu, baby cakes, didn't answer your phone." He maneuvers his hand away from the door, poking me in the nose, a little more roughly then I'm assuming he'd meant to, his finger trailing down my front.

I roll my eyes, annoyed and push his hand away. "It's almost three in the morning, I was sleeping."

"Well I wanted to talk to you…" He leans forward more, the weight of his body pressing against the door, causing it to open a little more, despite my efforts to keep it where it was. "I miss you An-do-lyn…" He makes sure to enunciate every syllable, though his words are beginning to slur.

"You're drunk Jason, go home and sleep it off." I say, holding the door with one hand as the other presses to his chest, pushing him back. My heart catches in my throat when I feel his fingers encircle my wrist. "Let go, I mean it Jason."



He just watches me, his eyes glazed over as he shakes his head. "I don't think so baby cakes. I want to stay." He leans forward with a quickness I wouldn't have thought he could muster in his state, his lips pressing harshly against mine. I cringe pulling my head back, the bitter and distinct taste of vodka now present on my lips. "Well I want you to go!" I curl my fingers around his, pulling them away from my wrist before mustering as much strength as I can, shoving him forward and back out into the hall. "Go. Home." I growl, slamming the door, quickly locking it again, resting my head against its smooth surface.

Just as I'm beginning to regain my composure his forceful knocking returns, causing me to jump back, bumping into the table against the wall. "God damn it Andi! Let me in!" I bite my lip, rubbing at my temple, my eyes clenching shut. "Go away Jason!! Just leave me alone!" I yell back, my heart still racing. "Fine, if you're not going to let me in, I'll find someone who will!" I gulp a single tear escaping. I hated when he got like this. Jason wasn't a totally horrible person, most of the time. But when he drank, which he had started to do more frequently, he became this monster. Unrecognizable from the person I'd fallen in love with 2 years ago. "I don't care anymore Jay…" My voice is calmer, though it starts to crack. "I can't do this anymore." I step forward, pressing my palm to the door. "I told you before…it's over. Please, just go."

I can hear his angry grunts through the door, but with a finally kick to the wood, he leaves, stumbling down the hallway, and if he'd actually respect my wishes, stumbling out of my life. I wait; holding my breath, wondering if he'll return one last time, but the minutes pass, agonizingly slow before I conclude he won't be bothering me again tonight. I sigh deeply, wiping at the rebel tears that had managed to escape as I make my way back to the solace of my bed. I crawl beneath the covers, pulling them up to my chin. I hadn't realized I was trembling until that moment, maybe it's because it had taken until right then for the cold truth to hit me. I was all alone.
Sign up to rate and review this story