Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Anyone Can See That This Is Only Permanent...Temporary.

Repetition Doesn’t Always End In Failure

by medicatedlives 3 reviews

Flashbacks, sarcasm, and persuasion, all rolled into one. Go ahead, -pokes- read and review!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-01 - Updated: 2007-11-01 - 505 words - Complete

0Unrated
[AN] School has gotten the best of me and has kept me from posting updates. This chapter isn’t very cool.
Thank you to GoogleGeek for reviewing. I owe you Skittles.
PS: Go read her Fall Out Boy fic. It owns this one a hundred times over.




Part Three: Repetition Doesn’t Always End In Failure



"One point for not sounding awkward, and another for not giving everything away." Ryan thought to himself.

He lay stretched out as much as he could in his small bunk, looking at the pictures that lined the space. There were various memories of them tacked to the wall; laughing eating, being stupid. It was fascinating how time apart could bring someone so far away closer to the heart. He thought back to when he first got her to go out with him…



[flashback]



“Lex. Lex. Lex. Lex. ALEX!” Ryan chanted, waiting for her to look up from the assignment she was working on. He had indiscreetly followed her into the library after school.

“What are you DOING here?” she asked him, visibly irritated.

“I wanted to talk to you.” He smiled at her cheesily.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at some sort of practice? For your band?”

“I told them I would be late. Because I wanted to ask you something.”

“I’ve seen you several times today. Why didn’t you ask me then, when I wasn’t so busy?” Alex indicated, waving her hands over the books on the table.

“I don’t know,” he ruffled his hair. “I wanted to ask you when you were alone I guess…” Now he was losing confidence, which did not help his situation. His eyes strayed from her as he began to plan how he was going to get out of there.

“Can’t you just say it so you can get it over with?” she suggested.

Ryan froze. ‘Shit,’ he thought. “Willyougooutwithmesometime?” The words dribbled out of his lips like fluid.

Alex cocked her head to the side. “What? Something something Frankenstein?”

“Erm, you, me, out, sometime? Please?” He pulled at the collar of his shirt, anticipating the worst.

She smiled. “Ok. When?”

“Really?” he asked, his eyes lighting up like giant orbs.

Her eyes darkened. “No. Go away.”

Ryan’s face fell. “Alright,” he said quietly, turning away.

She blinked several times. “I was just kidding.”

The color quickly came back to his face as he faced her and let out a small, nervous laugh. “Oh, well then, I don’t know. Whenever I guess.”

“How’s now sound?”

“What about all that?” Ryan asked.

“I’m not going to get it done anyway. I’ll do it later. Take me with you to practice.”

“We kind of suck…”

Alex packed up her stuff. “I’ll be the judge of that.”



[end flashback]



He thought of the next question he would ask her, and how much it would affect his life. Then, he studied the ring, amused at how such a small object could mean so much.
Sign up to rate and review this story