Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > To Make It Better

Reoccuring Nightmare

by peteysgirl89 3 reviews

Pete has his reoccuring nightmare again.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2007-11-03 - Updated: 2007-11-03 - 1250 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2:

“So what’s on the agenda for today?” Pete asks his girlfriend as soon as she walks out of the restroom after waking up.

“Well I don’t know. I have to talk to you about something really important and I just don’t know how your gonna take it,” she says as she fidgets with her hands. Something she does every time she has to talk to him about something and usually it wasn’t good. It is at this moment when he begins to get very scared.

“Okay. What is it?” he asks as his heart pounds in his chest and he is sure that if the air conditioner wasn’t on then you could probably hear it a mile away.

“Um well first of all you know I love you and that I don’t wanna ever lose you but I know after I tell you this you ‘ll be heart broken,” she says as tears fill up his eyes even though she hadn’t told him yet whatever it is.

“Why? Jeanae why? Why do you put me through this?” he asks her. He loves her so much and she claims she loves him but yet she always ends up hurting him somehow.

“Pete I’m sorry but I just feel that you aren’t around enough and I need someone who I can actually be with.”

“Jeanae you know what my lifestyle is like. Every time we break up and then get back together you claim that this time it will be different and you’ll stick by me no matter what.”

“I know Pete and I want to be with you but...,” There’s always a but.

“But what Jeanae?”

“I found solace in the arms of someone else.”

“What? You mean you’ve been cheating on me?” he says with actual surprise in his voice because as many times as they had broke up before it was never because of cheating.

“Yeah. I’m not going to lie to you anymore Pete yes I have been cheating on you and the person I’m with now treats me really good and he’s actually here for me,” she says looking up at him for the first time since the beginning of this conversation.

“Jeanae I’m here for you. Why am I not good enough? What’s wrong with me?”

“Nothing Pete I just can’t take your kind of lifestyle.”

“Who is it?” he says staring at his hands but when he doesn’t get a response he looks up at her to see her staring at the floor as she shuffles her feet, “Jeanae?”

“What?”

“Who is it? And how do I know them?”

“Who said anything about you knowing them?”

“Well if I didn’t know them then I’m pretty sure that you would’ve said that right off the bat but since how you’re just sitting there staring at the floor and you can’t even look at me pretty much makes it obvious.”

“Okay well you do know him but I...,”

“No more buts Jeanae. I can’t take it anymore. Just tell me. Is it one of my very good friends? One of my friends that I don’t really care that much about? One of my best friends? Who is it?” he says almost screaming because he knows deep down that it’s someone who he’s really close with.

“It’s Chris,” she says almost inaudibly but to him it feels like a slap in the face because before Patrick Chris was his best friend. At first he doesn’t believe her because it’s Chris. Chris would never do something like this but as Pete continues to stare at her in disbelief he comes to grips with the painful reality that she’s telling the truth. Now Chris is nothing more to him than a back stabbing bastard who is fucking his girlfriend, who he wanted to spend his life with.

“You’re a fucking slut and he’s nothing to me but a back stabbing bastard who can rot in hell. I can’t believe you Jeanae. I thought I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you but now....I realize the huge mistake I would’ve been making,” Pete says as he turns to leave grabbing his hoodie and slamming the front door on the way out.

“Pete?” Pete screams as he jumps awake almost falling out of his bed as he stares up at Joe who sits down on the desk chair across from him.

“You know you may never want to do that again because next time I don’t think I’ll live through it,” he says as he straightens up surprise filling him at the fact that Joe wasn’t piss face drunk off his ass but instead kind of teary eyed and serious. It makes Pete nervous because when Joe gets teary eyed or he cries you know something is wrong. Joe was one of the most happiest people Pete knows and he hardly ever cries, “What’s the matter?”

“Well for one you were having that dream again weren’t you?”

“Ha which one?”

“The one where Jeanae told you about Chris?”

“What makes you think that?”

“I’ve been standing here for the better part of five minutes and I heard every word pretty much.”

“Oh well yeah then I guess. There’s no since in denying it if you heard me.”

“For two you’re an asshole.”

“What why? And one question I have for you is why aren’t you drunk off you ass right now? It’s your fucking twenty first birthday for crying out loud,” he says in hopes of lightening the mood but fails horribly.

“Well for one after Patrick came inside basically bawling his eyes out, me and Andy sent everyone home. For two he’s hurt because he feels like you can’t trust him and it cuts him Pete. It cuts him deep. He’s always been here for you and you always find a way out of talking to him and he’s concerned about you Pete. We all are. You have to talk to us and especially him because Pete I seriously think he’s on the verge of being done with you completely.”

After looking at Joe and the tear’s that finally spring from his eyes and escalate down his face Pete feels horrible. He wants Patrick, Andy, and Joe to all know how he feels but he knows that if he tells Patrick about his little escapade earlier with Jeanae and that she is the reason he’s crying then Patrick would get pissed off because he still lets Jeanae get to him. All Pete can do is stare at Joe and then to the floor. Joe finally stands up three or four minutes later and makes his way to Pete’s bedroom door opening it and saying something that to this day will never be forgotten in Pete’s mind and it still hurts.

“Pete I hate you.”

It was that sentence that astonishes Pete because Joe had never hated anyone before let alone voiced it if he did and Pete sits there stunned and full of a new pain. One that hurts more than any pain he’s ever felt before and he hates it.

Chapter 2 finished. Please tell me how you liked it.
Sign up to rate and review this story