Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > To Make It Better

Hospital Visit

by peteysgirl89 3 reviews

The news about pete's "accident"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-03 - Updated: 2007-11-03 - 821 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4:

“Patrick it’ll be okay. Everything will turn out okay. I promise,” Andy says trying desperately to make him feel better.

“Andy making promises you can’t keep isn’t your best advice right now,” Patrick says as he gets up off the couch walking to the kitchen.

“I’m gonna go talk to him,” Andy says as Joe’s head shoots up from his hands.

“Why bother? He’ll just sit there and not say anything. He did it with me he’ll do it with you too.”

“It’s worth a shot,” Andy says as he walks to Pete’s door gently knocking his hand against the frame, “Pete?” when he gets no answer he opens the door repeating Pete’s name once more, “Pete?” he says as he walks into the room looking around noticing Pete gone but a bright color catches his eye and he walks to Pete’s desk picking up a packet of papers untying the strings. As he reads the top page he walks into the living room and speaks to Joe, “Joe come into the kitchen. I just found something and we all need to hear it.”

“What is it?” Joe asks bluntly.

“It’s Pete’s journal entries,” he says walking into the kitchen with Joe following, “Patrick I just found these in Pete’s room and we need to read them. Pete is not in his room and this top page explains why.”

“Well? Read it,” Patrick says after Andy stops speaking and looks at him.

~~~~*~

“Are you Pete Wentz?” the doctor asks coming into the room and all Pete can think is, “Duh. Who else would I be and why would you come in my room and ask me a question like that?” but he responds kindly considering the fact that he is sitting here with more than likely a broken hand, “Yes I am. How bad is it?”

“Well you fractured it pretty bad and unfortunately four out of five of your knuckles are broken. You have multiple fractures on the bones on your hands and we’ll have to do surgery in order to fix the damage,” he says as Pete’s hopes sink along with his gaze.

“Will it ever be back to the way it was?”

“Well if the procedure goes well which it should, no worries there and your hand responds well to treatment then yes you’ll be fine. You should be able to use it just fine as if it never happened,” he says and it kind of raises Pete’s hopes up a little bit, “I’m going to go get everything set up and then we’ll get right on it,” he says as Pete nods and then exits the room. It’s at this point in time when Pete realizes that Holly had wondered over to one of the two chairs in the room.

“Well I’m glad that the doctor has faith because at this point I really don’t,” Pete says as she looks up at him.

“It’ll be okay Pete. If the doctor thinks it will turn out good then more than likely it will. I do have to say this though and I know that it’s really none of my business but maybe you should let your friends know what’s happening.”

“I don’t think they’re gonna care right now if I’m in the hospital. One of them would say that I deserve to be here. Trust me on that one.”

“Yes but Pete they’re gonna realize that you just need some time to yourself right now and even if they don’t like it they’re going to have to give you space. That you’ll come to them when you’re ready,” Damn! Pete is stunned because for once in his life he feels like someone other himself understands.

“You know in the little time that I have known you I feel like you honestly understand where I’m coming from,” he says and he means it.

“Pete maybe I understand because I go through it all the time. I don’t have many friends left because of it actually.”

“Here could you take this and just call my friends and let them know I’m here?” he asks holding out his sidekick.

“Why can’t you call them?”

“Because if I call them they probably won’t want to talk to me and I think I can hear the doctor talking right outside the door which probably means that they’re ready and that they’re just making some last minute arrangements,” he says as she nods in understanding taking his sidekick immediately opening it looking through his phone numbers.

“Who do you want me call?”

“Just Joe, Andy, and Patrick,” he says as she nods and leaves the room dialing.

So here's Chapter 4. Please review.
Sign up to rate and review this story