Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Losing Teeth

surgically removing the tracking device

by juicygirl 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-05 - Updated: 2007-11-05 - 1360 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three
Surgically removing the tracking device

“This one is the most meaningful to me, really. I got it for my grandma. She’s died like three years ago.” He pulled up his sleeve to show her his right forearm which was covered in tattoos. She swung her legs back and forth from the amp she was sitting on and screamed inside.

“Cool…”

“Yeah.” She took another bite of the banana she was eating and looked around. They were in Texas. She tried to feel homesick, but she didn’t have it in her… it was nice being away from her parents and all the doctors and their professional opinions. Here, no one really bothered her except to talk about music, tattoos, or other some of the other shallow things people talk about. No one asked about her problems, no one really cared that much and it was nice… that people didn’t pretend.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a flash of color and turned her head to look. It was him… in the same red hoodie he’d been wearing the last time she’d seen him. He was looking down at his feet as he passed her, seemingly in his own thoughts. He was shorter than most of the other guys but she liked the way he walked. He wore clothes typical for someone in a band… and once again, he had his hood pulled over his head.

She jumped off the amp and followed him. She was bored and for some reason, he intrigued her. She wasn’t sure if he could feel her trailing behind him, but if he did he didn’t turn around. They walked all the way to his bus and he climbed the stairs leaving her to stand outside, the autumn sun warming her shoulders. She heard a window slide open and he peeped his head out.

“Well… you followed me this far Nancy Drew, are you really going to stop there?” She pursed her lips and rocked back on her heels before deciding to climb onto the bus.

“This is way nicer than the other busses.” She looked around… it was definitely a luxury bus. Driving for hours on end was probably a lot easier to take on here; it was like a house on wheels.

“Uhuh… so, what can I do for you?” She turned her eyes to where he was seated by the window and eventually sat down next to him. Sunlight spilled through the window and onto his back, making his eyes seem brighter than she remembered.

“Nothing, really… it’s boring here.”

“Uhuh…” He was studying her. For the first time in a while she felt self conscience about her appearance. She scratched the back of her neck where her hair began… it was what she did when she was nervous.

“I’m Sarah.” His lips curved into a half smile as he stretched his legs out in front of him.

“I know… Joe told us allll about it.” She nodded when he paused. “That guy’s a little bit of uhh…”

“Douche bag?”

“Yeah…”

“Yeah, I know… I think it’s hereditary.” He smirked and nodded.

“I’m Frank.”

“I know.” They sat there a few moments in silence. She liked his presence... it was gentle and calming. She fought the urge to inch closer to him.

He was taking her in. The sun reflected off her long brown hair revealing the different shades of amber and cinnamon. Her skin was pale but her cheeks were always slightly flushed, making her look younger than she really was. Joe had already explained her situation. It was funny though, she didn’t seem as depressed as he’d said. They were all expecting someone frail and sick, someone… darker and yet here she was with her light blue sundress and princess pink nails. The contradiction confused him a little… made him want to ask, but he didn’t know how. She was so wide-eyed and young, how could a person like her know what real pain was?

“If you don’t mind my asking… I’m just curious, who were you on the phone with the other night?” He sighed and picked at his jeans.

“Actually I do mind…and you know… I’m sorry I kinda yelled at you the other day.” He pictured it, when he found her sitting alone on a picnic table soaked to the bone and shivering… yet smiling. He’d watched her a few minutes before she’d noticed him. “What were you doing out there by yourself like that?”

“I went for a walk.”

“In the rain?”

“It’s not acid rain yet Frank, you should try to enjoy it while we still can.” She looked out the window to the small group of girls who had been standing out there for the past five minutes. Their raccoon eyes peered up at the windows, but they couldn’t see in so they just stood there hoping for a glimpse of someone. “I like the rain, I like how it feels… snow too, and wind and everything. I guess I just like to feel.” She reached over and pinched his arm. He jumped.

“Ow! Jesus, what was that for?!” She laughed out loud for the first time since she joined them on tour.

“See? Isn’t it wonderful?”

“What?”

“To feel…” He rubbed his arm where she had left and angry red mark.

“You’re insane.”

“Maybe.” He tilted his head and looked at her. He opened his mouth to say something but his phone interrupted him. He looked down at the caller id and then back to Sarah.

“I’m sorry… I’ll be right back, I have to take this.” He walked further into the bus. His voice was muffled and she couldn’t make out what he was saying, even though she strained her ears to hear. He returned a few minutes later, and she could tell whatever the conversation was it hadn’t been a pleasant one. “Sorry…” he mumbled and sat down next to her, letting his head fall back onto the top of the seat.

“Is uh… is everything alright?” He glanced up at her face and sighed.

“Yeah, I guess… it’s just frustrating you know? When you do everything humanly possible to hold on to something and it seems like everything and everyone else is try to take it away.” She raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah, I do know how that feels as a matter of fact.” He nodded and crossed his arms over his chest. She could tell he was struggling with something internally, but she didn’t ask. He didn’t seem like the type to talk about those kinds of things to a lot of people, let alone someone he’d only just met. She stood up to leave. “Well. It was nice talking to you.” He nodded and she walked down the stairs and back outside. The group of girls squealed when they heard someone coming but stopped when they saw it was only her.

“Do you know anyone from the band? Are you Bob’s girlfriend?” Sarah shook her head and kept walking without speaking to them. She was thinking about Frank. There was something about him she liked… something about him that was off- askew. He reminded her of herself before she ‘went crazy’. On the surface he was fine, he was great… but underneath there was something happening, something more than what he let on. She was glad there was someone there who she could almost identify with… she was glad for the distraction.

She looked down at her feet as she walked. She knew she had a habit of taking advantage of people. She didn’t want to hurt bright eyed Frank, but who said she was going to hurt him? This could be the fresh start her psychiatrist had been talking about. He could be the first of many friends who actually didn’t get ruined by her friendship. She was willing to take that chance… she needed someone to talk to.
Sign up to rate and review this story