Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

By Starlight

by xxAshers88 0 reviews

Lying about your real age is never cool. I suck at summaries so if you want to know more I've tried to explain it before the first chapter.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-11-05 - Updated: 2007-11-06 - 1854 words

0Unrated
Hello all. Just so you know I suck at summaries. This fic is about a young girl, Sophie, who lost her father and has to return to Jersey and live with her biological mother. There's more than just that in the story. I hope I can keep up with this story. I really love writing and if you guys leave me great or even helpful feedback, I would really appreciate it!!
Thanks,
-Ash


Chapter One


Sophie’s Point of View :

‘How could my life end up like this?’ I asked myself as I heard her yelling slurred words downstairs at her boyfriend. I refused to call her ‘mom‘, so she was simply ‘Judy’. She would never be a mother to me. She is the last person I would want to be my mother. I just cannot stand her.
“I wish dad was still here..” I sighed to myself as I fixed my long blond hair in a red headband for work.
Work. It was like my escape. It was peaceful unlike my new living arrangement. Although I have only been working there for three days so far, I’ve really enjoyed it. I intend on saving enough money to possibly move out when I’m eighteen. Which won’t be until another dreadful year.
I slipped my red plaid purse over my shoulder and headed downstairs from my room. The stairs creaked with my every movement.

“Wherrre you think you’re goin’?” Judy asked hatefully while taking another drink of wine from her glass.

“To work,” I answered standing at the bottom of the stairs. I was hoping she wouldn’t ask another question.

“Oh...” I knew she didn’t care and she definitely wasn’t listening. She was wasted out of her mind to even speak properly. I headed out the front door to the freezing cold weather. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my license nor a car. So my means of transportation were my own two feet. I wasn’t used to this snow stuff. I might have been born in Jersey but I was raised in Southern California. I had never seen a snowflake in my whole life until I moved here.

Luckily my job wasn’t but a few blocks away. If it was much further I wouldn’t be working. I hated the cold weather. So-Cal was less depressing…

It wasn’t long before I came to the store door of ‘Cosmic Noize’, where I didn’t have to hear Judy drink away her sorrows or any of that mess that was back at home.

“Well someone is all smiles today,” He said with a gloomy expression while stocking c.d,s on the shelves. It was the first time I had seen him here. Did he work here? Of course he did, he had a name tag like me and he was stocking music.

“I guess,” I replied, clueless to what to say back.

“You must love coming into work,” He continued putting down the box of c.d.s and running his fingers through his jet black hair. “The name’s Frank.” He stretched out his hand to me.

“Sophie.” I replied with a shake.

“Have you worked here long?”

“No. Just a few days.”

“Like it?”

“Yeah. It’s better than my home life.” He busted out laughing as if I made a joke.

“My god kid, are you deprived!” He continued to laugh, “This place sucks ass.”

“Yeah..” I added while walking toward the employee lounge to put away my belongings.

Mikey’s Point of View :

“Flaws. Can you believe it? She dumped me because I have too many flaws!”

“Well…” I replied.

“Fuck. What flaws do I have?”

“You’re not perfect,” I pointed out as I hung my gray coat and black scarf over the chair in the living room of the apartment that Gerard and I shared. “Maybe she didn’t like your life style.”

“What the hell. We were perfect together. We-we had so much in common!” Gerard yelled almost in tears. He never did take break-ups well. He got attached too easily and put his heart into it too fast. “I’ll never find anyone like her again…”

“You said that last time,” I replied with a sigh while sitting in the chair across from the sofa where he was cuddled with a blanket.

“You just don’t understand!”

“You sound like a girl! Get over it, you two were only together for two months.”

“I do not sound like a chick… And-and two months is a long time!” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Did she ever say why you two were through?”

“Ugh.. No. I think she has someone else, but I just got off the phone with Ray and-”

“You called hair-boy because she dumped you!” I busted out laughing. “Wow. That’s just.. sad!”

“I didn’t call him! He called me about band practice you ass.”

“Oh.”

“He said that Caitie said that she dumped me because of flaws. Now I’m going to be self-conscience about everything.”

“Don’t be. She had flaws. She never did do the dishes around her-I did. Never did do the laundry-I did. So she was a slob…” I continued to rattle on and on about what she did wrong suddenly I noticed he was sobbing. “Dude are you drunk?”

“I’m not drunk!” He cried.

“You’re drunk. I can smell the alcohol all over you from over here.”

“Ugh! Mikey!!”

“You need to go to bed,” I said while getting up from my seat and walking toward him, “C’mon, I’ll walk you to your room.”

“I’m not sleepy…” He said as he staggered to his bedroom, his blue blanket dragging the floor. He reminded me so much of a child. I made sure he was tucked into bed before I shut the door behind me.

I sat on the sofa and ran my fingers through my brown hair. Thoughts began to run through my mind…
He was pitiful. Three years older than me and yet I was the one taking care of him. His problems were so obvious. AA didn’t help him. I still catch him sneaking drinks. I’ve tried my best to help him. I just don’t know what to do any more. He’s driving me insane. There are so many times where I just want to get in my car and drive far away and never return. But that wouldn’t solve a damn thing. He would still be on my fucking mind.
Everyone asks about Gerard’s problems. “How’s Gee?” They’ll ask; “How’s his counseling? Is he doing better?” Fuck. What they don’t see is my problems. I’m a walking talking wreck. My life, well I barely have one, but what I do have is centered around Gee. He doesn’t work enough hours to pay the fucking phone bill. So I’ve had to get two jobs now to afford what little we have.
There was suddenly a knock at the door.

‘Who would it be at this time of night?’ I thought to myself.

I stumbled over my sneakers to answer it so it wouldn’t awake Gerard.

“Hello?” I asked, cautiously opening the door.

“Dude! It’s so fucking cold out here! I must be below fuckin’ zero!” Frank yelled as he made his way into our apartment. I should have known it was him. He had been living with us for a few weeks now. He decided to just move in one day and he’s been here ever since. At least he did help out with bills and groceries..

“Shhh! Gerard’s sleeping.” I hushed him as I quietly shut the door. “Where have you been? You’re usually home before I am.”

“Oh I decided to take this new girl home.”

“Ah a girl eh?” I teased.

“I don’t like her dude. It was either that or she would have to walk home in this shitty weather.”

“She doesn’t drive?”

“She just moved here from California,” He began, throwing his coat on top of mine, “Her father died in a car accident. She just recently met her mother, who is a fuckin’ drunk. She didn’t even want her when she was born. That’s why her dad raised her.”

“Nice.” I had so much on my mind I was barely listening to a word he said. “I’ve had a rough day.”

“Really?” Frank asked concerned as he walked to the kitchen to get something out of the fridge. Our kitchen was pretty much open to our living room. This apartment is a great place for maybe a single person, like it was when it was just me until the other two, Gee and Frank had to move in.

“Yeah,” I began to explain, plopping down on the chair. “His girlfriend, Lucy or whatever her name is, dumped him. So when I came home from work he was wasted.”

“Sucks dude,” Frank replied while drinking a soda.

“I know. I just wish he wouldn’t let it get to him. They were barely together. It wasn’t like it was a serious relationship and he was attached and what not.”

“Oh like you know anything about relationships!” Frank exaggerated. “When was the last time you dated someone? Sophomore year?” He began to laugh.

“Okay so I don’t get into the dating scene. Who cares.”

“No, no, for real now, when was the last time you went out with a chick?”

“Well…” I thought aloud, “Lindsey and I shared our lunch break the other day..”

“Someone who isn’t a senior citizen and isn’t your coworker!”

“Lindsey isn’t a senior citizen!”

“Man she’s an old forty year old fart! And she’s married so she doesn’t count.”

“Alright. I don’t know. I just suck at love okay. I guess that’s what you wanted to hear.” Frank was beginning to piss me off. Sure I didn’t date much…or at all but that’s no reason to call me out like this.

“Nah. You just don’t understand Gee. He’s depressed and he gets attached very easily, so a month or two in a relationship is considered serious to him.”

“I duno..”

“Dude!” Frank raised his voice. “I’m right, I’m his best friend!”

“And what would that make me!” I yelled back, “Just the guy that lives here? Fuck I’m his brother.”

“Okay okay. Calm down.”

“No. It’s just-gah Frank! You piss me off. You think you know everything.”

“I challenge you.”

“Challenge me what?” I asked confused.

“I challenge you to date someone and try to date them for a while and see if you get attached by a month.”

“No. I don’t want to date… I’ve got so much going on now- I just can’t.”

“Dude you’re like what, twenty-two? You have to lose your virginity some time.”

“Shut up. Just don’t even go there.”
Sign up to rate and review this story