Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Kinetica

Ready, Set, Go!! *Suiciders*

by Saijumi 0 reviews

Ever since Xia joined the Suiciders, they never lost a race.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2007-11-07 - Updated: 2007-11-08 - 458 words

0Unrated
All racers report to their stations, the race is about to begin.

"Ok Xia you're ready to go." Vigor said. "Go kick some ass."

"You know I will." Xia said as she stepped onto the white light that transported her on the track. The crowd was going wild as Xia got into her position. They were chanting her racing name Evalon. She could hear her titanium suite hit the ground as she got into her racing position and activated her wheels. She then turned on her helmet which when activated covered her whole face and in that helmet a screen came up that showed the track and a map of her suite, just in case something went wrong. She could hear Vigor talking to her in her earpiece.

Her kinetic suite, like many others, was specially made for her body and racing type. Each person had a different racing type: power, speed, and technique. Xia's racing type was technique because she performed a lot of tricks on the racetrack often to get her boost up. Her kinetic suite was made out of titanium by Razzo, he modifies suites for a living and he makes them for her team. Razzo also races, but he hasn't in a while. He's been busy with something.

Xia looked around at her opponents, they weren’t anything she couldn’t handle. Soon the light turned green and she was off. She did a few tricks that got the crowd chanting her name even louder and she zoomed past the other racers. “This is going to be easy.” Vigor said into the mic to Xia as she finished her first lap. “I bet Razzo wishes he could be here to see this.”

Xia was soon enough halfway through the last lap and came up to the racer in first place. Her racing suite was unusual. It was like hers, but it had a wheel that came from the middle of her back to the front of the suite. Xia wondered how she even could go that fast with all that weight. She came up beside her and look over. The woman’s skin looked pale, like she was some kind of alien. Xia looked back to the front of her and saw that they were almost finished with the race. She looked to the upper corner of her screen and saw that she had a attack left. A kinetic attack is when the attackers suite releases electric currents that goes to the surrounding racers’ suites and stops them for a couple of seconds, just long enough for Xia to win. She executed her attack and the woman stopped as planned. A few minutes later Xia found herself in the winner’s circle once again.
Sign up to rate and review this story