Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Crack Of Night, The Death Of Dawn

Chapter nine

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

Peter comes up with a plan.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 926 words

0Unrated
Living in a closed space for five days with a vampire that thirsted for my blood was not exactly easy. Peter desperately needed his potion. Without it, his vampire instincts were slowly taking over. Andy, Joe, and Patrick had attempted to keep him far away from me. It didn’t work for two reasons. One, Peter was stronger than all of them put together. And two, I wanted him close to me. I didn’t care if he turned me into a bloodsucking monster. Yesterday, I had tried convincing him that it was okay and that I wouldn’t mind if he turned me. He would have done it if Patrick hadn’t noticed and stopped him right on time. Now, he sat with his face two inches away from my neck. His hand gripped mine tightly. I knew he was trying hard not to sink his fangs into me. His three friends watched us closely from two feet away. Peter looked up at me with his hypnotizing eyes. I melted. His jaw dropped open, revealing two knife-like points.

“Peter...” Joe warned.

Peter’s tongue ran over his lips. He shut his eyes. His hand was now crushing mine. I winced. He moved even closer to me. By now, I was almost hyperventilating.

“Pete, remember who she is,” Andy cautioned.

Peter’s eyes flickered open and he moved his teeth away from me. I looked from Andy back to him. /Remember who she is/. I was just Evangeline. That couldn’t possibly be what Andy meant. He said it as if I was somebody special. Somebody important.

“Who am I?” I wondered out loud.

The four men in the room exchanged glances. It was apparent I was the only person out of the loop. Just as I was about to ask about this, there was a loud crack from outside the cell. A tall figure wearing his ever-present smirk stood Peter growled loudly and ran up to the iron bars, shaking them violently. If I was strong enough I’d have done the same. I was beyond furious with William. I had never hated anyone as much as I hated him. I wanted to strangle him, although I knew it was impossible. According to vampire legends, I’d have to stab him through the heart. I wasn’t sure if it was true, but I really wouldn’t mind trying.

“Relax Peter, I’m here with a proposition,” William drawled.

Peter’s hands dropped from the bars. We all listened intently.

“You have two choices. Your first option is to give me Evangeline peacefully and stay in here with as much food—and blood—as you need. Or I’ll take Evangeline by force and you all can die in here. And if you try to escape I won’t hesitate to hurt her,” he grinned wickedly.

None of us replied.

“Okay, all right...you have until tonight to decide,” he vanished, again producing a loud sound.

The room was silent. We all blinked at each other. I couldn’t believe there was an actual need for consideration. They should obviously do the first one. I’d rather spend all of eternity with William than endanger Peter... He heard this and shot me a furious glare. The impact of his look nearly knocked me over.

“Don’t ever fucking think that I’m anywhere near as important as you are...” he looked around at his friends, “...but we’re doing option one,” he contradicted.

Patrick, Joe, and Andy’s faces reflected the confusion that I felt.

“Huh?” the four of us asked in unison.

Peter licked his lips, “Well, here’s what we’re gonna do. We’ll let William take Evangeline. I’m pretty sure he’s going to wait a while before calling Lucas, because it’s obvious what he wants to do with her. And in that time, Evangeline uh...seduces William into doing whatever she wants him to. So she gets the keys, and then she gets us out of here. After that, we steal her back, call Lucas, and win the whole war!”

I was the only one still puzzled, “Wait, who’s Lucas?”

They wouldn’t answer my question. Instead they started bashing Peter’s idea.

“It’s not going to work. It’s way too simple,” said Patrick.

“Yeah, I think it’s too cliché to work,” Joe agreed.

Peter pouted, “Well, I don’t see any of you coming up with anything better.”

“Frankly, I don’t see why the hell William would wait to call Lucas. I mean, he’s going to get what he wants anyway,” Andy pointed out.

“So now you think you know William better than I do?” Peter growled.

“I never said that but I just don’t think—“

“WHO THE HELL IS LUCAS?!” I interrupted loudly.

“You’re not ready to find out,” said Joe.

I sulked and crossed my arms over my chest. No one was telling me anything. Again! This was the reason I trusted William. At least he told me what was going on. Peter flashed me a hurt look upon hearing this. I smiled half-apologetically. It wasn’t my fault that he kept listening to my thoughts...

“What do you think about my plan?” Peter asked me.

“If only I knew who Lucas was...” I hinted, “I’d say I was in.”

“Well...maybe it’s worth a shot,” Patrick said slowly.

Joe nodded in agreement.

“Protect the women!” Andy cheered.

Peter simply grinned, flashing his fangs slightly.
Sign up to rate and review this story