Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At The First Touch of Love. . .

Chapter 7 and 8

by Meg2005 4 reviews

Two chapters in one because I didn't want to split it up.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-11-14 - Updated: 2007-11-15 - 3769 words

0Unrated
So this is for Holly who has been so awesome about listening to me vent. Two chapters in one!


‘Come on I want you to meet someone.’ William said after two hours of cuddling later.

‘Who?’

‘My band.’ William smiled as he took her hand and lead her out of the room and into the living room where there were a bunch of guys hanging around and playing guitar hero.

‘I play winner.’ Bill chimed in as he flopped down on the couch while Brooke sat in a chair next to the couch.

Mike paused the game as all of the boys in the room turned to look at him before turning their attention to the pretty brunette sitting in the chair, ‘I see you finally decide to grace us with your presence.’ Sisky grumbles as he puts his feet on the coffee table.

‘Guys this is Brooke, Brooke these are the boys.’ William said as he stole an open guitar off the coffee table while everyone turned to look at him, including Brooke.

‘Since Bill seemed to forget his manners in the presence of such a pretty girl, I’m Adam but everyone calls me Sisky and you can too.’ He smiled shaking her hand, ‘this is Mike, Michael, the butcher, Ryan, Brendon, and Jon.’ He said introducing the rest of the boys in the room while William kicked the butcher off the coffee table.

‘Nice to meet you guys.’ She smiled.

‘So bill, this your new squeeze?’ Mike asked.

‘Something likes that.’ William said sending a wink Brooke’s way as he picked up her hand bringing her over to the couch with him.

‘I should probably be going.’ Brooke said around one o clock the next morning.

‘Why? It’s early?’

‘Bill it’s one in the morning, I have class tomorrow.’ Brooke laughed as she laid her head on his shoulder.

‘You can stay here, I’ll make sure you’re up in the morning, we might even make breakfast.’ William winked.

‘That’s very nice but I really need to go to bed.’ Brooke smiled before yawning.

‘Well come on I’ll tuck you in.’ he said standing up as everyone said various forms of goodnight to Brooke before William picked her up bridal style and carried her into his bedroom.

‘So where did you pick her up at?’

‘I met her when I went to get Bruce.’

‘If you got a girl that looks like that at an animal shelter, I think I might need a dog.’

‘I’m not really sure how long she’ll be around.’ William said as he looked down at the controlled of his play station.

‘What do you mean?’

‘She’s engaged to a guy named Mark who, from what I can tell, abuses her. He doesn’t love her; he doesn’t even want to be around her, he just wants her around because she’s beautiful and because his parents like her. She’s not happy, she doesn’t want to marry him but when she tried to tell him, he flipped out on her and gave her bruises.’

‘That blows man, what are you going to do?’

‘I don’t really know to be honest. I need to come up with a plan to make sure she doesn’t marry him.’

‘Why don’t you just ask her to marry you?’ Michael asked.

‘We’ve known each other for a week. I just don’t think that is going to work.’

‘Are you willing to lose her to a guy like that?’

‘But if I go about this and it doesn’t work out, I’ve wasted everything and all kinds of time on something that wasn’t meant to be.’

‘Have a little faith mate that it’ll all work out. Look at her and see what there is; If you feel in your heart that this is the right thing to do than take a risk.’ Michael said.

‘You’re right!’ William said standing up.

‘Of course I’m right. I have a girlfriend of my own you know.’

‘I’m going to fall in love.’

‘Okay let’s not get all full of cheese now.’ The butcher said.

William chuckled before bidding everyone goodnight and walking into his room to see a beautiful angel curled up on the other side of his bed. William set his alarm before crawling into bed next to her, cuddling her into his chest and kissing the top of her head.



Brooke woke up the next morning happier than she had been in a long time. She looked up to see a sleeping work of art breathing in a steady rhythm next to her. She smiled again and snuggled into his closer just as his alarm went off signaling the time 6:45 AM.

William stretched raising his arms up above his head before switching off the alarm. William looked down to see Brooke smiling at him. He matched her smile before leaning down to kiss her making the kiss even deeper as she rolled over on top of him.

Ten minutes later, Brooke parted from the kiss, ‘You’re such a good kisser.’ Brooke smiled.

‘Match made in heaven then.’ William smiled pressing his lips to hers.

‘I need to get up and ready for class. It’s my last day before finals.’

‘Do you want something for breakfast?’

‘I want a shower.’

‘Well by all means doll face, take a shower.’ William winked.

‘I mean you know it’s pretty cold in here.’ Brooke began as she played with William’s fingers, ‘I might need something to keep me warm.’ She smiled as she kissed the tips of his fingers as a smirked made its way across his face.

‘Is that code?’

‘Maybe.’ She smiled before getting up and starting out of the room stopping at the door and winking at him before walking out of the room and down towards the bathroom. William took her hand before she had even made it to the bathroom. She smiled as she led him into the bathroom shutting the door behind her.

‘You’re so beautiful.’ William mumbled as Brooke kissed his neck while the hot water trickled down their bodies. Brooke moaned softly as his callused fingers came in contact with his soft skin.

‘Bill, do you think we’re moving too fast?’ Brooke asked as he kissed her shoulders.

‘Do you?’

‘Maybe a little bit.’ She said caressing his cheek.

‘Are you uncomfortable?’

‘Surprisingly no but we’ve only known each other a week and technically I’m still engaged to Mark.’

‘Technically?’

‘Yes technically but I’m not marrying him. I want to be with you.’ She smiled.

‘I want to be with you too.’ William smiled leaning down to kiss her.



‘Call me when you get out of class.’ William said as he stood with Brooke next to her car.

‘I will.’ She smiled lacing her fingers with Bill’s.

‘Bye doll face.’ William smiled before planting an extremely romantic kiss on her lips before opening the door to her dark green Tahoe.

‘Bye.’ Brooke smiled kissing him one more time before climbing into the car and starting on her way.

‘Hey Chad, it’s Mark, I need a favor.’ Mark said as he sat outside of William’s apartment building after seeing Brooke leave early that morning, ‘I need you to get me some information on William Beckett.’

‘Give me an hour or so and I’ll give you a call back.’ Mark hung up the phone before starting over to Brooke’s parent’s house.

‘Mark what a pleasant surprise.’ Mrs. Ryan smiled as she opened the door to find her daughter’s fiancé standing at the door.

‘Hi Mrs. Ryan, I was wondering if I could take you out to get some coffee, I’ve been meaning to come and chat with you.’ Mark smiled.

‘Oh Mark, I would love to but I’m right in the middle of baking for the bake sale we’re having at school tomorrow night. You’re more than welcome to come in and I’ll make you some tea.’ She smiled.

‘Good enough.’ Mark mumbled walking in past Brooke’s mother.

‘Well what brings you to this side of town this morning Mark, shouldn’t you be working?’

‘I should yes you’re right but I wanted to come and talk to you about the wedding.’ He smiled.

‘What about it honey?’ she asked as she rolled out dough.

‘I was wondering what you thought of the idea of moving it up a month or so.’
Mrs. Ryan stopped and looked up at him with a look of shock.

‘Mark, I’m not sure if that’s such a good idea.’ She began before being interrupted.

‘Well I’m just anxious to marry your daughter. It’s been such a long engagement and I’m so in love with her.’

‘Mark, I’m not going to lie to you and tell you I think that is a wonderful idea. Brooke is having second thoughts and I think that if you want the marriage to work out you shouldn’t force her into anything and moving the wedding up will be forcing her.’

‘Well fortunately for me I don’t really need your permission to move the wedding up. I’m going to make some calls today and the wedding will be a month early.’ Mark said before starting out of the house.

‘Oh honey, I’m so glad you’re home, we need to talk.’ Mrs. Ryan said as Brooke walked into the house yawning.

‘What’s the matter mom?’ Brooke asked in a panic.

‘Mark is moving the wedding up a month. I tried to talk him out of it but he was a real jerk about it. He moved the wedding up.’ She said as Brooke’s cell phone rang interrupting their talk.

‘Hello.’ She said into the phone while looking at her mom.

‘Snuffles it’s me.’

‘hi Mark.’

‘I just wanted to let you know, I talked to the wedding planner today and we both felt it was a better choice for the wedding to move up about a month so we’re getting married on January 18.’

‘Mark we talked about this. I’m not marrying you a month early. I don’t even know if I’m going to marry you at all.’

‘Brooke we also talked about this January 18 is the day you better get all of this out of your system now or you’ll be sorry.’ Mark said before picking up the call waiting as Brooke hung up.

What’d you find out?’ Mark asked.

‘William Beckett, he’s from Hoffman Estates, Illinois, he’s the front man for the band the academy is…he’s living in New York while they record an album. He’s single and he’s Brooke’s age. He and Brooke met when he adopted a dog from the pound she works at. He took her out to dinner the other night and ice skating, she stayed at his house last night and they showered together this morning.’

‘Great, just what I thought. Thanks Chad.’ Mark said before hanging up.



‘Honey what are you going to do?’

‘I’m not marrying Mark.’ Brooke said.

‘So what are you going to do?’

‘I don’t know, I want to be with William.’

‘We’ll figure something out sweetheart. Don’t worry. By the way, when do we get to meet William?’

‘I was thinking about bringing him to the bake sale play at your school tomorrow.’

‘That’s a good idea sweetie.’ Brooke smiled. Despite the drama with Mark, Brooke couldn’t help but smile thinking about her sweetie William.


‘What time are you going to be there?’ Mrs. Ryan asked as she rushed around the next afternoon trying to get ready for the program at her elementary school.

‘William is picking me up at 5:30, he had to get out of the studio.’ Brooke said from in front of the TV where she was watching ‘how the grinch stole Christmas.’

‘Okay well you’ll have to hurry it starts at 6.’

‘I know mom, we’ll be there.’ Brooke said.

Brooke woke up 30 minutes later to the door bell ringing. She quickly got up and walked over to answer the door finding William standing looking gorgeous as usual.

‘Hey doll face.’ He smiled kissing her cheek before handing her a pink rose.

‘Aww well aren’t you sweet.’ She laughed.

‘So do I look good enough to meet your parents?’

‘I think you look great.’ She smiled before planting a kiss on his lips, ‘but we better get going before my mom blows a gasket.’

‘Well let’s go my dear.’ William said holding out his elbow for her. Brooke smiled grabbing her jacket pulling it on over her skirt and sweater.

‘So what exactly are we going to?’ William asked as the light snow fell on his windshield.

‘Every year before Christmas the elementary school teaches at has a program to benefit the homeless. It’s a bake sale and the fifth and sixth grade class puts on a musical.’

‘Oh okay I see.’

‘I have some bad news to tell you about.’ Brooke said taking his hand and lacing her fingers with his.

‘Am I going to be mad?’

‘Probably. Mark moved the wedding date up. We’re getting married on January 18.’

‘He what?’

‘He moved the date up. My mom tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn’t listen.’

‘Great.’ William said remaining silent for the rest of the trip to the school.

‘William, it’s great to see you again.’ Dr. Ryan said shaking William’s hand again, ‘William this is my wife Catherine.’

‘It’s nice to meet you ma’am.’ He smiled shaking her hand.

‘It’s nice to meet you too honey, we’ve heard a lot about you.’ She smiled.

‘Hi sweet pea.’ Mr. Ryan smiled hugging his little girl as Silas walked up.

‘William this is my little brother Silas.’ Silas shook William’s hand with the nod.

‘It’s nice to meet you man.’ William smiled.

‘Snuffles there you are.’ Mark said walking up between William and Brooke.

‘Mark, what are you doing here?’ she asked taking his arm out from around her shoulder.

‘I just remembered your mom’s stupid play was tonight. I had to rush to get here. Who is this?’

‘Oh I’m sorry, Mark this is my friend William.’

‘What is he doing here?’

‘I figured you were too busy to come tonight so I asked him if he wants to join me.’

‘Oh well I’m here now you can go now dude.’

‘Actually, I’d like him to stay.’ Mrs. Ryan said, ‘He can be my date, I have an extra arm.’

‘Whatever.’ Mark said taking Brooke forcefully by the arm leading her towards the auditorium.

‘What the fuck is he doing here?’

‘He’s my friend Mark, leave him alone.’

‘I’m not stupid Brooke, I know he’s the guy you’re fucking behind my back and it’s ending tonight.’

Brooke felt tears well up in her eyes before getting up and starting out of the auditorium as William got up to follow her. Brooke walked into the girls’ bathroom before breaking down into tears. William looked around before following her into the bathroom, ‘He really is as big of a jerk as I thought he was.’

‘I know.’ Brooke cried as she sat against the wall.

Brooke, babe, I promise you, when all is said and done, you won’t be with him anymore.’ William said sweeping the tears out from under her eyes.

‘William there is nothing we can do.’

‘I’ll fix it babe, I promise.’

‘William, Mark is capable of doing God knows what. He knows so many people nothing can stop him from doing what he wants to.’

‘Do you love him?’

‘What?’

‘Do you love him?’

‘No, I don’t love him.’

‘That’s all that matters Brooke, as long as you don’t love him we can fix this. We’ll fix this baby I promise.’ William said bringing her into his arms.

‘William, we’ve known each other for two weeks, I don’t understand.’

‘Brooke, I knew when I first met you that you were the one for me. I’m falling love with you Brooke and I can’t fall in love with you if you’re engaged.’ Brooke smiled as William leaned in to kiss him.

‘What are you doing after this?’ William asked.

‘I don’t know, it depends on how long jerk face things he can keep me.’ Brooke smiled as William gave her soft pecks.

‘How about you meet me at my house later tonight after it’s all said and done and I’ll make it all better?’ he asked tucking a piece of hair behind her ears.

‘I’d like that.’ She smiled as he helped her up.

‘Well come on let’s get out of here before that ass of a guy you call your boyfriend comes looking for you.’ William said helping her up before planting a sweet kiss on her lips and start out of the bathroom only to run into Mark.

‘I told you I wasn’t stupid Brooke, we’ll talk about this later, let’s go.’ Mark said taking Brooke’s arms forcefully and starting out of the building.

‘Mark, the play isn’t over yet. My parents are still in there.’

‘Don’t worry, you’re boyfriend can tell them where you went, you should have thought about that before you decided to fuck him in the bathroom.’ He said shoving her into his car.

‘I didn’t fuck him. He cares about me, which is more than I can say about you.’ She snapped before the back of Mark’s hand came in contact with her cheek.

‘Don’t you ever speak to me like that again you little slut.’ He said before slamming the door and walking around to the other side of the car.

‘Dr. Ryan, can I talk to you for a second?’ William asked later that evening as everyone was standing around talking at the bake sale.

‘Of course William, what’s on your mind?’

‘Brooke.’ He began.

‘What about her?’ Mr. Ryan asked setting his champagne flute down on the table.

‘I’m worried about her being around that Mark guy.’

‘William you’re going to have to elaborate on this a little bit.’

‘I think he beats her sir.’ Mr. Ryan’s usually soft, friendly faced changed to one of anger and hatred. It almost scared William a bit.

‘What do you mean? What makes you think that?’

‘She came over to my house last week with a bruise on her face. She has bruises on her arms that look like finger prints from him grabbing her too hard. She hates being around him sir; I’m just worried about her is all.’

‘I see.’

‘Sir, I know that I haven’t known your daughter long but I love everything about her so far. I want to be the one that makes her pain go away. I want to marry your daughter.’

‘William, this is very complicated.’ Mr. Ryan said as they began walking outside.

‘I know, trust me, if anyone knows the complications is me.’

‘The first time I saw Brooke I knew that she was extraordinary. She has so much beauty to her. My wife and I couldn’t have children. We almost didn’t make it together because of that but we decided on adoption. The next week we went to an agency to talk about adoption that day we met this tiny little girl that had this energy about her. I can’t really explain it…’

‘It feels like no matter what you do it’ll make her happy; like she is a ray of sunshine that shines on the darkest night; like every problem in your life melts away when she is around; like your life is complete.’ William said finishing his sentence.

‘Exactly. That’s what we felt when we met Brooke. We knew that once she was ours, our life would be complete and it has been for the past 18 years and I’ll be damned if i let her marry some scumbag that abuses her.’

‘Dr. Ryan, I want to be the man that she wakes up to everyday and goes to bed with every night, I want to be the man that you picture your little girl with but I need your help to do that, To get her away from him.’

‘William, if he is infact laying even a single hand on her, you had better believe that I will be behind you 100 percent to back you up. Whatever you need me to do.’

‘I have to get her to admit to me that he is doing this to her first.’ William began.

‘William will you please tell my wife that I went to go pick up our daughter.’ Dr. Ryan said getting up off the concrete steps and walking towards his Mercedes that sat in the parking lot.

‘Sure.’ William said watching him as he drove away.

‘I can’t believe….you thought….I was stupid enough….to believe that nothing was going on between you and that fag.’ Mark said as he tied Brooke’s wrists to the bed post.

‘Mark what are you doing? Please don’t do this.’ Brooke begged.

‘Sorry honey, you did it to yourself before I did.’ He said as he stuffed a sock in her mouth and ripped off her small panties.

Brooke tried to move but with her wrist tied to the bed and her ankles tied to the bottom of the bed she was incapable of moving, ‘Over my dead body am I going to be humiliated in front of such a low life excuse for a man. I’ll show you what you’re missing with him.’ He mumbled as he thrust himself into her.

‘William honey, have you seen my husband?’ Mrs. Ryan asked as the bake sale was over and most of the guest had cleared out.

‘He wanted me to tell you that he went to pick up Brooke.’ William said feeling a little awkward as he helped Mrs. Ryan clean up.

‘Where is she?’

‘Mark took her.’

‘I should have figured.’ Mrs. Ryan chuckled.
Sign up to rate and review this story