Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > It's Not Like It Hurts That Much Anyway

Chapter Thirty-Seven

by ryanrossISsove 3 reviews

I'm sorry...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-15 - Updated: 2007-11-15 - 1918 words

0Unrated
LAST CHAPTER. WARNING: WILL CAUSE EXTREME EMOTIONS. :]
Pete’s POV-

It’s been two wonderful weeks since one of the greatest nights of my entire life, and right now, with my friends by my side, I couldn’t be happier.

“Can me, Gabe, Ellie, and William take Hemingway for a walk?” Sisky asked me, as I sat on the bus, watching TV.

“Uh huh.” I said, glued to the TV.

“Okay, thanks.” He said, grabbing the leash next to me.

“Wanna come?” he added. I looked up. “Williams going?” I asked, again.

He nodded. “Yeah, and Ellie, and Gabe.” He said. I nodded. “Sure.” I said, getting up, and walking out with Sisky.

“I collected Pete, too.” Sisky said, pointing to me. William smiled a toothy, straight smile at my smirk, and I laughed at his idiot looking face.

“Come on guys, before it gets chilly.” Gabe said, running off, holding Hemingway on the leash.

“Come on, we’ve got to get to him before he gets himself shot.” I said, picking up my legs and running after him. Oh how I jinxed myself. I could hear William’s steady panting, and the other two running behind me.

Soon, after the bus was out of sight, we found Gabe sitting up on a hill, watching the sunset.

We all trudged up the hill and sat next to him and Hem. We sat, and watched it for a while.

“I love us. Promise, we’ll all be best friends, forever?” Ellie said, to the group as she stroked the head of Hemmy. Sisky leaned in, kissing the side of her head.

“Good toast. Best friends forever.” He said.

We all nodded. William sat next to me, and looked over at me, at the sound of Sisky’s voice. I looked up, at the setting sun, as my hair fluttered in the breeze. William turned his head, and his body shuttered.

“I’m gonna go run back to the bus, and grab my hoodie, I’ll be back.” he said, standing up.

“Want me to come with you?” I asked.

He shook his head. “I’m good, thanks.” he said, running off. I watched, his hair bouncing, his skinny figure gliding. He ran until I couldn’t see him anymore. I turned back to the distance, but about five or six minutes later, heard the noise that still, from time to time, haunts my dreams, and rings over and over in my head, again and again.

BANG! We all whipped our heads to the direction it was coming from, and it sounded a second time, twice.

BANG BANG! It pierced my ears, and made my heart leap right out of my chest.

As soon as my heart started beating again, slowly, and the ringing of the vibrations sounded low, I got up, and ran to the sound. The other three, trailing far, but non the less, behind me.

Soon, I saw what made my heart start bleeding and ripping. William’s blood covered body in the distance, I ran harder, and faster then ever before, hardly breathing at all, and hardly thinking at all, and landed on my knees, next to William’s body. He cringed, and held his wounds, as I starred at him, in awe.

“William!” I gasped, in a whisper. I couldn’t even begin to process what was happening. Were we not just sitting on the hill, enjoying the sun set? This was happening way to quick. He was breathing heavy, his cheeks rosy, and his eyes puffy.
I held him up, and placed him on my lap, and stroked his hair. I could instantly feel my leg become wet with the blood soaking right through him. I could care less, even if these are my favorite pants.

“Oh my god.” Ellie screeched, I didn’t even bother to look back, but I knew they were all back there, standing behind me.

“P-P-Pete…It hurts…” he whined. As the first tear of what would come to be millions, dropped, I got up the strength to talk to him.

“Hold on, William. Hold on.” I told him, cradling his head in my arms, and patting his hair.

I looked back. “CALL 911!” I screamed, at the three in back of me.

I looked back at William, who was clenching his face in agony, and breathing hard.

“Who shot you? What happened?” I asked him, as the tears fell. He breathed out, to talk.

“I-I-didn’t see…Oh god…Pete, it hurts. It hurts.” he said, as he spat out blood. I cried more.

“William, please.” I cried, stroking his hair.

“It hurts…make it stop…make it stop.” he pleaded. I cried, and ran my fingers through his hair more and more. I put my hand in his. He squeezed it.

Tears slid down my face. He wasn’t going to die, he couldn’t die. He couldn’t. I wouldn’t even let that option cross my mind…even though it did a million times.

what if he does die?

no…no! he won’t. and that’s all there is too it.

“Pete, I need to tell you…now, no more procrastinating.” He said, looking me in the eyes. He started to breath more soothingly, and looked up at me.

“W-w-what?” I asked him.

He gulped, as sweat continued to trickle down his twisted face, and opened his mouth, to tell.

“I love you Pete, I love you, and I’ve always loved you. I’ve loved you for as long as I’ve known you. I’m seriously, /seriously/, madly in love with you. ” He said, coughing vigorously afterward.

I started sobbing, just breaking down, my heart was happy, and broken at the same time. I knew. My mind was in denial, but I knew what I was I was now in danger of loosing.

All this time…

All this mother fucking time…

I could hear Hemingway whining non stop in back. Stupid dog, he didn’t press it enough…he was right…he was fucking right…he knew. Something bad was going to happen if I didn’t tell…this was all my fault. William is dying in my arms, and it’s all my fault.

I’ll never let myself live this down.

“I’m sorry…” He cried, sobbing too.

“No-no-I-I-’m the sorry one…I waited too long…” I muttered.

“Wh-wh-what?” he asked, raising a sweat covered eyebrow.

“William…I love you too. I’ve loved you since the moment I saw you. Everything I ever did to make you think different, was always a cover up. I’m sorry, I waited to long…” I told him, tears running.

He smiled, and raised a hand, and slowly caressed my cheek, wiping tears with his thumb.

“Don’t cry, Petey.” he said, softly.

I nodded, and tried to choke back tears. I had to be strong now, for William.

“I love you so fucking much…” I sobbed.

I looked at him, leaned down, and for the first time, for the first real time, not even thinking about counting the plane ride from Gabe’s house so long ago, or any of my millions of dreams, I kissed him. We kissed. Our lips finally met. I smiled against his lips, as he kissed back with all the strength he had, and ever had. Finally, this was real. I was really here, doing this. I was really kissing him.

I couldn’t find the courage to pull away, but soon, we both came to do so. We had to breath sometime. Sometimes I feel like maybe that kiss could have half killed him. Most of the time, I believe that kiss kept him alive a little longer.

He looked up at me, his eye twitched a little, and he smiled.

“At least I leave you on the very best note, my sweet Petey.” he whispered.

Leaving? Whose saying anything about leaving?

“Leaving? What do you mean William, you aren’t going anywhere, except the hospital, they’re going to save you, there. Then…then we can be together! We can finally be together, finally Billy, finally! And we‘ll be together forever. Marry me?” I said frantically. I didn’t know what else to do. I was desperate. In my mind, I knew what was coming, but my heart couldn’t let me give up this easily.

He nodded with a smile.

“I would…I would in a heart beat…but…I don’t have many of those to spare now.” he said.

“Billy please, stop talking like that. The doctors are going to fix you.”

He shook his head.

“No-they don’t have to waste they’re time, and breath on a failure like me. And-I don’t think I can hold on…I won‘t make a hospital ride.” he said, softer now, weaker, now.

The tears started up again.

“William, don’t say that. Please, we can be together…finally…” I assured him.

“I wish we could have-” he said, his eyes wandering.

“We are! Right now, I’m yours! And I hope your mine!” I said, breaking down, going crazy.

He chuckled. “I am. I’m all yours, forever. I’ll wait for you. We‘ll be together again…someday Pete.” He said.

“William please…” I whispered, as I saw him start to loose his breath. I could see him also breaking out into a now chilling sweat.

“Hey…ch-ch-eer up, it’s not like it hurts that much, anyway.“ he said.

I nodded, holding him close. He wasn’t going to die…he wasn’t. He couldn’t…

“It would have been the best…me and you. And it will be the best, you just wait.” he whispered.

“Hold on, hold on.” I continued to whisper.

William looked up at me, held my face still, and spoke directly to me.

“Listen to me Pete, I want you to go on, live life…don’t wait for me, find someone whose going to make you happier then I ever could, keep the academy is going for me, keep fall out boy strong, live life happy, don’t be sad just because I won’t be there, because I will, I promise you, I’ll never really leave you.” he told me, the sweat and tears and redness of his face all binding, and blinding me.

“What are you saying? You’ll be the one who makes me happy, you’ll keep TAI going, you’ll always be there anyway!” I corrected him.

He just shook his head.
“It’s so cold…” he whispered.

I held him tighter.

“It’s gonna be okay, bud.” I said, assuring him

“It’s so fucking cold…” he said, shuttering. I threw off my hoodie, and covered his torso with it.

He smiled at my gesture.

“Remember that I love you, Wentz.” he whispered.

“No…” I said, seeing the end, just as well as he could now.

“Remember, please. I love you.” he said again.

“I love you. I love you so fucking much.” I told him, now resting my head on his chest.

I could hear the faint heartbeat that was the sole thing keeping this man alive.

It was slow, laggard, and skippy.

“I love you.” I heard him whisper, just one last time.

And then, just like that, in the blink of an eye, and the shed of the last tear from his eye, the heart beat was gone.

William Beckett was dead.
Sign up to rate and review this story