Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > My Heart Is Crushed By A Former Love

Chapter Four

by deadXsilence 3 reviews

Band practice gone wrong.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: David Desrosiers,Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2007-11-16 - Updated: 2007-11-17 - 1318 words

0Unrated
"Alright, I have to go. I have work," I told David through the phone. It's been a few months since David and I started dating, and it's going great. I got a job at McDonalds to help out with the family."Okay... bye. When do you get off today?""Um, I believe around 5:30," I answered him."Okay. See you tomorrow at school.""I will. Bye," And we hung up. I smiled as I set the cordless phone onto the charger. I loved talking to David. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved talking to him before. I just love it even more now. I don't know why, but it seems like we have more to talk about. I walked over to my closet, pulled out my uniform, and stuffed it in a bag. I'll change into it once I get there. I reapplied my makeup, and brushed my hair in front of the mirror. As I finished, I took a moment to look at my appearance. A week ago I decided to dye my hair. It's now black, with some dark blue streaks. When I showed David, I couldn't help but laugh. His jaw dropped practically to the floor. It was really funny. At the moment, I was wearing a tight-fitting white tee with some funky designs on it and some black bootcut jeans. I went downstairs and slipped on My black skateshoes with camoflauge on the side that Sebastien had bought me for my birthday last month. Yes, I have skating. Ever since that day in the park, David has been giving me tips, and I must say that I am getting really good. Who knows, I could become a professional someday. Alright getting back on topic. I left the house and drove to work, thinking of David the whole way.*"Welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?" I asked unenthusiastically, looking down at the cash register, playing with the bracelet David had given me just the day before. My shift was due to end in four minutes, according to my watch."Katty, you need to be livelier! Like me!" That voice could only belong to one person... I looked up to see the face of none other than David, "David!" I ran around the cash register and hugged him, "What are you doing here?"He laughed as he squeezed me tightly, then loosened up, not letting go. He moved the hair away from my eyes, "I thought I'd come see my favouritest person in the whole wild world. Are you done your shift yet?"I looked down at my watch, "In exactly three minutes and forty seconds. And it's 'whole WIDE world', not 'whole WILD world'" I tapped his nose with my finger, David trying to lick it in the process. At that moment, my boss, Sheila came out of the back, "Kathryn, there is no PDA allowed in this restaurant by employees."I rolled my eyes and let go of David, "Sorry, boss. I've done everything that has to be done. Can I leave?"She looked at the wall clock, and nodded, "Alright. You're in tomorrow at 4:30, remember.""Okay," I turned to David, "I'm going to go change," I left and went into the change room carrying my regular clothes. I quickly changed, went back out and met David outside the restaurant. We walked to my car. Once I handed David my keys for him to drive, we drove off to our destination. It was silent, but words did not have to be said. We just enjoyed eachother's presence. The evening sky was beautiful, and the roads weren't busy. About halfway home, David sneakily slipped his hand into mine. I looked down at them and smiled. Then I looked at him, and my smile grew bigger and bigger. We kept driving along and I didn't notice that we weren't driving towards my house. When I did, I noticed we were driving in the direction to Pierre's house. I looked at David, one eyebrow raised.

He replied with a smile, "We have band practice."My mouth turned into the letter o as I remembered that David's band with Pierre, Sebastien, Jeff, and Chuck had practice on Tuesday and Thursday. Today happened to be Tuesday. I came to realization of something and stopped David in his tracks, "David, are we going to tell everyone yet?"We still haven't told anyone about us. We just thought that they'd feel weird about it. But I don't want to keep it a secret anymore. As corny as it sounds, I wanted to scream out to the world telling them that I was going out with David Desrosiers."Do you want to?" "Yeah, I do.""Okay. We'll tell them."When we reached Pierre's garage, I saw everyone was already there, including Jamie. We all exchanged greetings and Pierre decided to bring up the fact David and I were holding hands."What's up with your hands?" He gestured towards them. I smiled and out of the corner of my eye I saw David do the same. I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked over at David. He looked at me and then looked at the others, "Guys, Kathryn and I are... together."I saw Jamie wink at me and I winked back. The next thing I knew was David and I were tackled by our friends. We both collapsed to the floor under their weight, "Guys, I can't breathe," I half-joked. As one by one of them got off us, they individually hugged us, saying congratulations."I was wondering when something would happen," Jeff said as he let go of me. Everyone nodded in agreement. David chuckled as my face grew bright red, "Alright, let's get this practice started," he suggested. Everyone but Sebastien got into place. When I noticed Sebastien wasn't in his spot, I scanned the garage for him. I found him sitting on the couch, hands in his pockets, and staring at his shoes, "Seb? Are you alright?"At the sound of his name he looked up at me. I immediately saw how upset his face looked. It looked as if he was going to cry any second. Without any other word, I sat next to him and gave him a hug. He stayed still for a moment before pushing away. When I gave him a confused look, which the others were also giving him, he just looked away from everyone and looked out the garage door. He had somewhat of a distant look on his face. He stayed like that for a few moments before suddenly bolting out the garage door. We all gave eachother worried faces, and Pierre decided he would go comfort him. He ran out the door after Seb. A bunch of emotions ran over my body. I was partly worried about him because, well, who wouldn't be worried about one of their best friends? I was also hurt, as to why he pushed away from my hug. Sebastien and I were more of brother and sister than best friends. We knew eachother more than anyone else. Not even David knew more about me than Seb."Do you guys just want to skip practice?" Jeff asked. Everyone agreed and started heading home after saying their goodbyes. David looked at me before leaving, "Do you want me to drive you home?"I smiled at him before shaking my head, "Nah, I'm fine. Thanks. Can I have my keys?" David lived down the street from Pierre, so he just had to walk home. David threw my keys to me and hugged me goodnight, "See you at school tomorrow." He kissed my nose, making me giggle."Yeah, I will. You coming in the morning?""Yeah. Bye."I kissed him and got into my car, after saying goodbye to Chuck, who was packing up his stuff. I drove home, deciding what I should do with Seb.
Sign up to rate and review this story