Dumbledore is visited, which sends him searching.
- -Chuckle- My, they did know how to get Albus' attention, didn't they? I daresay he's going to be doing a lot of digging, and what he finds out will not comfort him. I doubt it'll comfort Severus Snape, either. I can see that Grindelwald might get a touch of amusement out of seeing Albus so exercised.
The Brotherhood seems like quite an organization, but then they've had the time to -really- build things up. I daresay they've got lots of connections and influence we'll not see in this story.
Dumbles is at least capable of changing, somewhat, to adapt to the new reality; I sincerely doubt if the Ministry will be even that flexible.
Author's responseDumbles has one more old 'friend' to visit, who is even less glad to see him than Gellert. The Ministry will to a degree take care of itself by October.
- Another great start. I like the way you incorporate the DH materials without the potential crappiness of the JKR love story. I also like the recurring theme of those who are hidden in the shadows, it is reminiscent of Bierce and Forte.
Anyhow, as I said great start I look forward to each chapter.
(#) sparky40sw 2007-11-24 07:40:12 AMExcellent chapter - I like the overwhelming force method of intimidating Dumbles. I am a little less sanguine about incorporating the rogue elements from DH into the story - but it is likely that you will be able to make them more comprehensible than their originator did.
thanks for sharing your wonderful imagination and skill.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2007-11-24 09:41:45 AMPretty good update, I especially liked the threatening conversation with Dumbledore. Hopefully Harry will continue to spend his holidays with the Eye rather than with Sirius or the Weasleys. Not only is his time with them more productive, they don't have nearly as much of an agenda. Sirius is probably a bit unbalanced at the moment, courtesy of Azkaban, and isn't the best of guardians, while I just plain don't like the Weasleys. From your treatment of Ron so far, and your feelings on DH, I know not to expect him to be stuck there.
Looking forward to more.
- I just love the faint notions that the Old Ones are having some trouble avoiding forming their own agendas regarding Harry. They remind themselves constantly not to do it. It makes them come through as honest, but still basically human. Maybe Harry's just so easy to manipulate that it's hard not to.
Has that been used before?
The conversation with dear old Fumbledore was great. They didn't threaten him as much as they just were. To simply state your power like that has to be a bloody good way to get attention.
Harry's response to his current coach was a work of art. I wouldn't have imagined that in a hundred years. Bravo! kowtow
Author's responseTo be a member of the Brotherhood, you'd have to be smart and powerful (if not very smart and/or very powerful), and have an ego able to withstand the millenia (not easy, I would think). They don't want to overwhelm Harry any more than they have to.
As for Scorpion, Harry does know how to treat a bully, doesn't he? After dealing with over a hundred members of the brotherhood, what will Harry think of someone like Draco?
- Another excellent installment!
Albus was firmly put into his place, wasn't he?
I agree with a previous comment that having Harry spend his holidays with the brotherhood is prefarable to having him wasting his time playing Quidditch with the 'Weasel'.
I truly enjoy seeing what happens when there is someone(s) standing up for/with Harry. I think I'll enjoy the type of wizard he's turning in to.
And yes, Draco won't know what hit him.......
(#) PerfesserN 2007-11-24 01:02:46 PMExcellent! An update, and so quickly – you’re going to spoil us (thank you!).
Something tells me Draco will be a smear on the wall if he decides to get froggy.
Harry will need his anchor here; so much happening in so little time has to be putting a strain on the poor lad.
I don't suppose any of the brotherhood will be masters of Tantric magic?
(#) jabarber69 2007-11-24 01:09:10 PMYou just had to bring dumbydork's gay crap into this story didnt ya! I wonder why rowlings stated dumby was gay, in my opinion she realized that the series was over and soon nobody would even care one way or the other whatever she had to say so she decided to say that dumby was gay to stir up some waves!
On another note have you ever realized that most of the gay men stories on the net are written by women. Makes you wonder if maybe they like the ideal of men getting hammered up the bum!?!
I'm not gay, I'm a guy that very much like women but I'm also a hyprocrite in that I really love watching and participating in two women together, but then again I do know some gay men, work with them and have drunk beers with them after work. I have even read some gay stories on hp on the net, only the ones that look interesting in the summaries.
Have you also notice by any chance that there are one hell of a lot of outstanding stories on hp on the net but sadly they are slash! I have nothing against gay people I just dont like watching or reading two guys kissing or having sex, but then again I realize that there are gay people who probably dont like all the straight sex stories on the net too! so there is my little rant you can read it or not its strictly up to you!
P.S. great story by the way!
- Many thanks for the new chapter Dr T! It was nice seeing Dumbles's world view adjusted by the Brotherhood! I've always wondered why he never investigated what happened with Sirius. As for Snape, well if he can't get his act together it's his own fault when Harry (or the Brotherhood) smacks him down. It looks as though the Brotherhood has investigated Harry's friends and associates very deeply. I can see why Dumbles wanted to check on Sirius before they did, their actions on discovering his innocence might have been a bit more unpleasant for the Ministry. By the way, will Fudge and his pet toad have any direct meetings with the Brotherhood? That would be quite the show! Why, I can see that toad ending up on a lilypad in the Amazon right now....(crossing fingers). It looks as though Harry and his current teacher will work out fairly well. They certainly have come to an understanding, chuckle. The meeting between Dumbles and Grindelwald wald nice. I wonder if it ever occured to Dumbles that if he'd lost the fight he'd have been sitting in that room? Then again, it's possible that if Grindelwald had won the Brotherhood and other groups might have taken a hand in things sooner. By the way, I enjoyed seeing how Jason and the others worried about Harry and Fate! After all, it's safe to say that most of the Brotherhood have had their run ins with it! Thanks again for the story!-
Author's responseThe fate of Fudge and his toad will be mentioned. As for fate itself, I don't know about the Bronze-age Greeks, but the Homeric Greeks who came along later had strong ideas about fate and prophecy. The reasons for the Brotherhoods non-actions for over 150 years will be explained later.