Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The clock still ticks.

Explanation.

by 12shawab 0 reviews

...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Itachi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-25 - Updated: 2007-11-26 - 1199 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brook wore Itachi's jeans and shirt when they were stealing their last kisses in his room.

"Would you hurry up?" Konan's impatient voice said as she knocked on his door. "The rest of us want to hear this too!"

Brook laughed quietly with Itachi as the kissed again.

"We should probably go down there," She said against his lips. They became still.

"You're probably right." He said as she bowed her head back so he could kiss her neck.

"Mhmm..."

"Come on," His groaned picking her up around her waist. When she was safely on ground again, she slapped him hard across the face.

"Nice touch. Let's go." He said to her, stealing a last kiss.

Itachi was laughed at opon entering the room. Hidan was the only one that payed attention to Brook.

"Okay, everyone." Roland said, standing at the front of the table. It was immediately quiet.

"As you all know, this is my daughter, Brooklyn."

"You enjoy life, Roland?" Brook said acidicly.

"Sorry, Brook. She has been brought here to be trained by you. Each of you will teach her ablities that you can teach her.

"You already know Itachi's ablities, so I will start with Kisame. His sword is the most interesting part of his fighting style. It shaves flesh instead of cutting it. It can also steal all of his opponents chakra."

"I've seen him fight before. Water shark things that he uses to attack, fights like a shark. He seems to get irrational at times." She said.

"Okay... well, then Konan. What do you know about her?"

"Not much... I just recognized her from the BINGO book. Uses paper, close to useless when wet."

"Okay. Well, yes she uses paper. She can divide herself into many sheets, which can be used as weapons or to gather various amounts of information. Very capable."

"I'll explain Hidan, if you don't mind. He is religious, and loves pain. It's kind of odd, actually. He is able to form a link between him and his opponent, then uses a fatal attack which barely affects him. He's practically indestuctible."

"Sasori," He continued, "Is an expert on the Puppet-Master jutsu. He will teach you every aspect of the jutsu. You will be just as good as him."

"Why am I here?" Brook asked, closing her eyes and shaking her head.

"To help us get one thing. We need to harness the power of the Nine-Tailed Fox. You can help us do that."

"Got it... Can I go home?" She asked.

Roland nodded to Itachi, who walked to Brook and picked her up over his shoulder.

She screamed at him to put her down and beat him on the back.

"Don't you dare fart!" She said.

He laughed at her as they got out of earshot of the dining room.

"Can you put me down please?" She asked.

"Nah," He replied, going up the stairs to his room.

"Just let me go shower."

"I'm not supposed to let you out of my sight..." He smiled when he sat her on the bed.

"Don't even think about it." She said, grabbing a handful of his robe and pulling him on top of her.

They kissed on his king-size bed, Brook's fingers tangled in his hair. His hands stayed on her waist or legs, keeping her limits in sight.

He rolled so she layed on top of him. She kissed him gently, and he followed her pace, linking his hands behind her back.

When a drop of water hit his cheek, he pulled away from her immediately. He looked up to see her moving off him and turning away from him, wiping a tear from her face.

"Hey," He said, turning her towards him, "What's wrong?"

Her sobs stopped momentarily to look at him, then she just collapsed into him, her body shaking.

"I'll be right back." He said as he layed her on the bed. She curled up into a ball and cried.

Itachi stomped to the dining room, and was happy that the only people in there were Roland and Sasori, the latter of the two sat in the corner, watching the dying flames.

"We can't do this to her. She can't stay." Itachi said to his leader.

"And why is that? Not a good enough kisser for the likes of the great Uchiha?" He said, his voice exactly like Brook's.

"That's not it. Your daughter seems to be very experienced in that area." Roland's eyes narrowed. "She can't stand it. She's up in my room crying! I can't stand, dammit!" He exclaimed in hushed tones.

"You left her alone?" Sasori asked from the other side of the room, not turning to look in their direction.

Itachi flew back up to his room, Roland right behind him. Brook was still laying on Itachi's bed on her back, but no longer crying. Just staring at the ceiling.

"Get out," She snapped when she saw Roland. "Stay the hell away from me."

He smiled evily, then leaned against the door frame. "What did you say, Itachi?" He said sarcasticly.

"Get out." Brook said again. She was sitting up now, Itachi by her side.

He laughed out loud, then left the room, laughing all the way down the hall.

"Are you trying to get me killed?" He said, turning away from her.

"I was just seeing what you would do. You were taunting me. You know he won't let me leave." She said, standing up.

"I won't let you leave." Itachi said, walking away from here and running his hand through his hair. "You mean too fucking much to me, Brook."

"Bull. I don't mean anything to you. I mean as much to you know as I did when you killed everyone back then."

"You don't remember much from that night do you?"

"Why would I want to? You massacured everyone and I saw it!" He could see the tears in her eyes.

He stepped over to her and took her in his arms. "You DO mean as much to me now as you did then. You still mean everything to me." He said. "I saved you from me that night." He pulled her shirt down so she could see the deep "I" shaped scar on her chest. "If I wouldn't have controlled my Chidori for that split second and given you that, you wouldn't be here right now." He took her face in his warm and calloused hands. "I would have never lived past that night. I would have given you my life so you could live your's."

She closed her eyes tight against the sudden rush of emotion this knowledge brought. His lips pressed down on her's, but not like anyway she had ever been kissed before. It signified everything she would ever need.

His hands found her's and his lips feed her's. Brook layed her head on his chest, memorizing the way he smelled.

The fissure line in her heart was healed. It was never Kakashi that she had needed.

It was the man that had been there her whole life, if only in the shadows to watch her. Itachi Uchiha was her everything.

And she was scared to death.
Sign up to rate and review this story