Harry threatens Ron, then writes a letter. Tonks gets spanked. Dumbledore does a little recruiting. Oh, and a nasty cliffhanger that should fool no one.
- another great chapter i loved harry's punishment of tonks very nice touch there.Dumbles just keeps digging himself in deeper doesn't he you would think with all the rumors flying around the borad of governors or the dmle would launch and investigation.Hope to read more soon cliffhangers are so cruel
Author's responseI figured that since killing her would be ooc for Harry and Hermione (though probably not for Daphne...) and I didn't want to take her magic, for reasons to be shown later, forcing her to use a name she hates would just be sweet revenge.
I suspect that Dumbles has never been as smart as his press releases would lead one to believe. Perhaps his only true genius is in self promotion and compulsion. A slightly smarter slightly more competent Lockhart if you will.
The board will continue to be as clueless as in Canon, appearing only when forced to.
- Just re-read the last chapter again and was wondering will we see the weasley family meeting next chapter and how big is the explosion going to be when neville grandmother finds out what dumbles is planning for her grandson?
Author's responseYes the Weasley's will be meeting next chapter. At least the ones still breathing and not in jail.
Dumbles may have forgotten that annoying Augusta Longbottom is something one should never do...
- -Laughs uproariously- The punishment for Tonks was truly wicked; harry clearly understands the buttons to push to really get through to her.
Tha assault on Neville is going to cost Dumbles, Hannah knows about what was done to Harry and if she sees something very similar happening to Neville, she's going to turn to Harry for help, he'll undoubted let Neville's Gran know and then a whole can of "whup-ass" is going to get dumped onto Dumbles. As I've mentioned before about the definition of insanity....
The Weasley family meeting should be rather "entertaining" and colorful, to say the least. I rather doubt that Ron, Ginny, or Molly will enjoy it or the results there of (considering what happened in "Summer of Indpendence" when Arthur found about about "mere" theft and abuse of trust, Molly and her two youngest may not be Weasleys too much longer.
I don't know who attacked Hermione, but they don't know the level of connection between the three and that's going to end up biting them big time, if they manage to survive the wrath of Harry & Daphne.
Tch, some people just can't seem to learn, no matter how hard the lesson is tatooed on their skull with a "clue-by-four". At this point, one could almost argue that removing at least Ron and Dumbles would be improving the gene pool; the jury is out, so far, on Ginny and if she shows sense, she may be able to get through without a major dose of unpleasantness. Given her temper, though, I'd not bet on her being able to do that.
Author's responseGlad you liked it, I figured it was about as cruel as Hermione would allow him to be... Daphne, not so much.
You're right about Hannah.
The Weasley family meeting will be well attended, by all the Weasleys... not in prison or the hospital...
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2007-11-26 06:11:20 PMThis next chapter is going to be pretty brutal. Don't get me wrong, I'm really eager to see Ron get the skin flayed from his bones, but I'm thinking more of Neville at this point. I wonder if you'll have it take effect for a while like it did with Harry before one of them sees the signs and helps him out. Should be interesting to see.
The list of people that need to pay grows and grows...
Author's response- Working on it now.
- I will admit, I'm interested in seeing how you handle things with Neville. I could see Harry and Neville eating a meal together and, when Harry does the scan for potions et al., Neville's food/drink gives off the signatures, this could be just before or after Neville started to be affected. If it's after, Harry and company may already see the signs and suspect something (given how close Harry and Neville are, Hannah may come to the New Trio for help when Neville starts acting "funny" around Mandy). Really, Dumbles is stretching to try the same trick again under the nose of someone who knows about it. Methinks -this- is going to bite him like you wouldn't believe.
Oh, are Tom and Harry going to make contact at any point and discuss the "Dumbles Problem"? I'd reckon that could be an absolutely fascinating mental chat.
Author's responseGood guesses on the Neville front, but not quite...
Tom is going to start having his own problems. Harry is going to be in a pissy mood, and will be looking to take it out on someone...
- Shakes head at the idiodicy of Dumbles. Truly, it begins to looks as though his vaunted wisdom is little more than pr and luck. If he had the sense of a flobberworm he'd hunker down and ride this one out. Hasn't he even considered that other students might start getting paranoid and begin checking their food and drink just on the off chance some monkey buisness is going on with them? And even if he managed to get a dose through the first time someone acts out of character suspicions will be raised and a person's friends will be grabbing them and getting advice via Harry and his wives. Add in the sheer stupidity of going after one of Harry's close friends and one with a grandmother who could intimidate royalty....well, Dumbles was already between the usual rock and hard place. Madam Longbottom will flay him in ways he's never considered. Chuckle, I'd bet Daphne and Hermione would take notes on her work. Then again, the idiot who stupified Hermione is about to be double teamed quite throughly. It looks as though the Weasley family meeting might be missing someone. Then again, given Mr. Weasley's intention of getting to the truth of his family's actions certain people might prefer to be in the hospital wing. Speaking of family meetings, the Black one was priceless. Harry came up with the perfect punishment for dear Nyphadora. Hmmm...given that wizards are shown interacting with the afterlife would that punishment of hers extend past her death? If it does I'd have to applaud Harry for taking justice to a new level! Hmmm....Hermione does know which one of her spouses is the more dangerous. Harry will dish out pain if necessary, Daphne would add something extra to it that really should have Dumbles, Ron, and even Voldy worried. As always, your story has been fun to read and has me looking ahead for the next chapter!
Author's responseActually, they will be tripleteamed, but yeah, the stunner(s) might be in a bit of trouble.
- I'm glad you liked Nymphadora's penance. I just asked myself, what's the worst thing Harry could do to her that Hermione would allow...
- I forgot to put this in my previous review....if a person was dosed with a love potion knowing what had happened to other victims would they have a better chance at resisting it? After all, Neville is well aware of what Dumbles and his pet potion pushers did. Would the victim be able to fight the compulsion before it took firm hold? Dumbles might find himself begging the Aurors to arrest him before Neville and his grandmother are through with him! (snicker) In fact the Longbottom Family Chronicles might gain a series of chapters detailing how Madam Augusta and Neville deal with the Pimp of Hogwarts. As I know from personal observation, elderly well bred ladies can be rather vicious in dealing with presumptous pests. (shudders, remembering my mother and late grandmother in action) There are some people it's not wise to cross, or even think of crossing. It's going to be a great chapter to read! ^5's!!!!
Author's responseWell, in as much as both Harry and Hermione could throw off the thrall as soon as they knew about it, I'd say yeah (though truthfully, I never really thought it through in that way)
(#) Meteoricshipyards 2007-11-27 11:10:14 AMJust a quick note to tell you how much I'm enjoying this. Grumble unfortunately, it's a bit like my latest project. (Two wives, indi!Harry, but not slavery or sex. Hopefully mine will be different enough.)
But this is good. I love hating a manipulative Dumbledore. And Ron, Snape, and little Malfoy are just too thickheaded to not get themselves killed.
I would expect from the Stupify at the end that one of them is now doomed.
If I read it correctly, L. Malfoy will be trying to get a meeting with Lord Black. What does Voldie think? Just because he's got the name of a traditional dark family, that he'll let Lucius curse him during the meeting? Maybe Voldies intelligence is like Dumbles, more PR and viciousness than actual smarts. (Hmmm, have to remember that for my story..... :-)
Thanks for creating this. Very enjoyable story.
Author's responseI figure that fan fiction is a lot like the hypothetical infinite number of monkeys banging away at an infinite number of typewriters, eventually they'll produce the classics. There aren't that many ideas that someone hasn't done... (a joke I'm going to use in Hufflepuff Omniverse btw)
As of right now, no one is going to die at the hands of the Black/Potters... Of course the actors have been known to adlib...
Two of them actually. I'm hip deep in the next chapter, and franky am a little disturbed at what my sick little imagination has come up with. I used to think I was a nice guy, oh well I think I'm going to have to stick an additional warning on that chapter...
As I've defined the rules of PureBlooded Head of Family bullshit, Harry can't refuse to speak to a member of the Black family (which Lucius is not... Narcissa on the other hand...)
Wizards (especially those in canon) ain't all that smart. Wise maybe, but not smart.
Thanks for your works, and for the review.
- "Harry is going to be in a pissy mood, and will be looking to take it out on someone..."
Oh, my!! That is going to make life nasty for some one. My primary candidates would be Dumbles or Tom, though minions of either could suffer.
Author's responseA little to both, but sadly their respective minions will take the brunt of it. (it's early in the fic yet, just the evening of the first day of classes... Can't waste the bad guys before intermission...)