Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Is the worst Kind Of Weapon

Chapter 1: Too Much Green to Feel Blue

by dasiaRAWR 3 reviews

Intro to the story

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-29 - Updated: 2007-11-30 - 1161 words

1Exciting
"Mother, I promise it won’t happen again!” I tell my mom after her long lecture. It happened everytime. I would do something and she would give me the speech of a lifetime. And that wasn’t even the punishment. I rolled my eyes back hoping she would shut up before she nags me to death. I looked out the window and saw Nate, my older brother walking with some of his friends.
They must’ve been heading to our house. I opened the car door right when my mother was turning. “Dasia!” she screamed. I laughed. I knew I was in deeper trouble now. But I ignored her for now, as I ran up to my brother.
“Hey, Nate!” I say catching my breath. He turned around and noticed me.
“Could you guys wit up a minute?” he tells four of them. They nodded and he came over to me. “What are you doing?” he asks me before I could even open my mouth to respond.
“Obviously not going home.” I say walking past him and to his friends. I knew all of them. They were juniors like Nate, but I’ve hanged out with them so many times, they were practically family. And they knew me since I could remember.
“Hey, Pat. Joe. Andy. Pete!” I greeted them. They laughed as my frustrated brother made his way back to them. We began to walk down the street. I was trying to keep up with their pace.
“what did you do this time?” Nate finally asked. I smiled.
“Um, I sorta did grafitti about the principal.” I say looking away. He shook his head and Pete laughed.
“Nice.” He complimented. I grinned even wider. I really liked Pete.
Ok, with the exception of Renee, all my friends were guys. Then again, all my friends are Nate’s friends. Alright, I’m not exactly popular like Nate. And I sure as hell don’t got the perfect records like him.
I’m a total tomboy! And I prefer it this way. Except for when, people see me as nothing more than Nate’s sister. Then I’m not too happy.
“what are you guys doing today?” I asked the guys. Patrick was about to answer me when Nate cut him off.
“Nothing” he said, “Your going home, before I get in trouble too.” I stuck my tongue out at him. He always act like a douche whenever I’m around. I hate it!
I walked through the door hoping my mom forgot about today’s parent conference.
“Ms. Stewart “
Oh no! My dad was home. I slowly walked into the living room where he was reading a newspaper. “Hi, Dad!” I say giving him a hug before I sat beside him. He kept a stern look on his face.
“Your suspended again.” He says.
I was nervous. “Yup” I replied.
“For how long?” He asked keeping his focus on the newspaper.
Nate and Pete walked thorugh the front door. I lost my train of thought when I saw Pete. He was a bit of a jock which I never let him forget, but apart from that he was cool.
My father repeated his question. “for 3 days!” I replied. I waited in silence for what he was going to say.
“Ok, your grounded for 3 weeks”
I smiled. I could handle 3 weeks. That’s nothing. I ran up to my room befoe my parents could give me a harsher punishment. And I could hear from next door, Nate and Pete playing video games. I wanted to join them so bad. Just to be in Pete’s presence.
I knocked on the door. I heard Nate sigh before letting me in. I hated being in Nate’s room. All his plaques and trophies just reminded me of how much I was a failure. I stood quiet for the most part, while making a few jokes here and there.
Nate stopped the game. “I gotta take a piss”he says before leaving. I rolled my eyes and took nate’s controller.
“are you gonna play or what?” I asked pete. He smiled with coy. I loved that. When I could build up the courage to do simple things like play a video game with a guy I’m secretly crushing on. I guess we were wayy into the game because before I knew it we were laughing and pete was trying to mess my game up.
I stood up with triumph. “I totally kicked your ass.”
He laughed. “let’s see you try that on Joe. Besides, anyone could tell I went easy on you.”
I smirked. “Whatever! Your in denial!” I say smiling.
He grinned again. That grin I thought of for numerous hours.
“Your adorable. I’ll feel bad if you lose.”
I looked down. I was totally inexpierienced with boys. I didn’t know if he was flirting or just beng pete. Nate came back into the room in time thankfully and pete returned to the game without saying another word to me. And before I knew it, it was time for dinner.
I was the first downstairs to help my mother. And another thing I hated was dinners. There was either too much tension at the table or the topic would be Nate’s perfection.
Today was a tension day. And worst of all, pete decided to stay for dinner.
“Can I have some salad?” I asked my mom.
“May I?” she corrected. I sucked my teeth. She was a lawyer and she demanded nothing less than perfect.
“So, how was your day?” My father asked Nate. I got annoyed easily. My brother went on to talk about His starting as Soccer Varsity captain. WOOT!
“What about you?” My father says to me. I smiled for the acknowledgement.
“well-“
“Honey when are you gonna do your hair? I’m tired of seeing it in the same ponytail, day after day” My mother suddenly interuptted. I stared at her for a brief moment. I hate when she criticized me, especially in front of guests.
“I don’t know” I muttered. She let out a disgusted remark and I felt my temper rising.
“I swear” she whispered.
“Swear what?” I said out loud. “don’t you know I’m a lesbian!?” My mom nearly choked on her food. My brother stared out into space. Pete laughed. He was the only one to catch onto my sarcasm.
“isnt that what you think. I’m a lesbain! I don’t dress up all the fucking time so I must be.” I yell getting up. I could tell I embarassed her. And I needed to cool off before I really got mad.
“where are you going?” my father asked.
“To Renee’s” I say slamming the door behind and walking out into the Chicago night. I really wish I brought something a little heavier out. It was chilly and I had a longg way to walk.
Sign up to rate and review this story