Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Is the worst Kind Of Weapon

Chapter 5: The Cons Of Breathing

by dasiaRAWR 3 reviews

review please

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-12-02 - Updated: 2007-12-02 - 1184 words

1Original
Mrs. Sanchez, our counselor, came shortly after.
"Mr. Wentz, aren't you supposed to be in class?" she asked him politely.
He got up nervously. "um....I'll see you and Nate later then." he sid as he walked to his next class.
"Ms. Stewart, my office" she says as she holds the door open for me.
I allowed myself to sit down even if it was rude. Mrs. Sanchez sat at the chair by her desk.
"Your 6th fight this year" she says.
I smiled.
"This isn't funny. It's only November." she tells me."Have you been trying those anger excercises I provided for you?"
"No, they're.......stupid." I say.
She was offended. "I'm trying to cooperate with you. Maybe I should just bring Mr. Williams." she says reaching for her phone.
I slouched down in my chair. Mr. Williams was the principal. And I wasn't exactly his favorite student. Especially since the whole grafitti thing.
I fidgeted with my finger as I waited. He came in and Mrs. Sanchez whispered what had happened into his ear.
"Hello Dasia"
I grinned, "Mr. Williams."
He sighed."Didn't you come back from a suspension?"
"Yup. hmmmm....Is the spraypaint completely off?" I asked. Mrs. Sanchez gave me a look.
"Here's the deal: Maybe a couple of Saturday Detentions and 2-day suspension." He tells me.
I shook my head in approval."I think that's pretty reasonble for Sara."
He was taken back. "Why would Sara be punished?" he asked curiously.
I smirked. "Umm....let's see...../ she/ started it."
He looked at Mrs. Sanchez and she shook her head."It's true." she tells him.
I grinned. Nothing could be done if i was only defending myself.
"You provoked her" Mr. Williams states. "I can't do anything this time, but I'm putting you on a contract."
I sat up straight. "What contract?"
"For problem children, like yourself, there's a contract. If you get into one more fight, you'll be expelled from the district."
"What!?" I yelled. Mrs. Sanchez jumped a little. "That's unfair! I didn't start it!"
He didn't care. "You've had too many chances. Next time you get into a fight, no school in Chicago would accpet you."
I got up and walked towards the door."You need a late pass" Mr. Williams said.
I ignored him and continued to my next class.
-----------------------------------
I came home late due to Nate leaving without me. He was really pissed off that I'm on that contract. why does he suddenly give a damn about what happens to me?
When I finally got home, my mother was at the table. It looked like she was crying.
"what's wrong?" I asked Nate. He ignored me. This was no time for the silent treatment.
"What are we gonna do if you get expelled?" my mom asked. I didn't know what to say. "We can't just transfer you to another school because your expelled from the entire district."
I put my head down. "Just go. I don't know what to do with you" she says disgusted.
Once my father walked through the door, the arguements began. "Well, maybe if she had more of a father." my mom yelled. I got up and closed the door. "You never cut her a break" my father yelled back. Just when I closed the door, I saw Nate give me the most disgusted look.
I waited until their yells became apologies before I went down for dinner. Everyone was already sitting at the table.
Dinner was quiet for now. I guess we had a lot on our minds.
The phone rang.
Nate went to get the phone "Hey, Pete!" he said suddenly more cheerful. "What's up?"
"Hey....uhhh....I wanted to speak to Dasia."
Nate turned and gave me a hateful look. "She's eating dinner right now." he whispers yet I still heard him.
'Oh. Is she still coming to the show?"
"I don't know. But I gotta go" Nate says before suddenly hanging up.
He sat back down at the table and didn't bother telling us who was on the phone.
"Well, who was it?" my dad asked.
Nate was uncomfortable. "It was Pete."
"Oh." mom said. I gave Nate an anxious look.
"What did he want?" i asked.
Nate was annoyed.And stared at me. I became nervous.
"He said the show was cancelled." Nate finally admits.
'Oh." I say and we finished our dinner in silence.

So I had nothing to do now. I was stuck at home on a Monday. Ewww, I hate Mondays. After watching some lame movie, I decided to go to sleep early. UGH!
Nate knocked on my door. Before I could even allow him in, he opened it and steppes inside.
'What!?" I yelled.
I looked up to face him. He looked different. He was mad. As if, something was bothering him.
"Since when do you go to Pete's shows?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and put my face into my pillow.
"It isn't Pete's show. It's the band's and last time I checked, Joe was in the band tooo." I corrected.
"Whatever, how long have you been going?"
"Does it matter?" i say,"Besides, I only go because they invite me. They would invite you, but you think your too good."
"STOP TRYING TO WIN MY FRIENDS OVER" he yelled and for once, i was scared.
"What do you mean?" i asked. I didn't try to win his friends over, they were my friends too.
"I mean, I have to make sure you don't get in trouble. You never get a hint. You don't know when you push people to the edge." he yelled again. "Your so fucking selfish. Do you ever consider how it'll affect the people around you."
I thought for a moment.
"No" I mumbled.
"For once, be a girl! Be my little sister instead of my little brother!" he said walking out.
"Shut up!" i yell back.
"Another thing, Pete loves yellow on a girl! Then again, you aren't a girl!" he says going down the stairs. My heart beat a little faster. How did he know? Was it obvious? Did Pete know i had a little crush on him?
And what is with this family? It's one thing to be mad at my behavior, but to dislike who i am is just.......cruel!
I slammed the bathroom door closed. I looked at myself through the mirror once again. My lip was already healing. In a week, maybe it'll heal halfway. I looked at myself from all angles. I could really pass for a boy. If it wasn't for my hair, i'll probably be mistaken for one more often.
I'm not the first to negotiate or give in, but if it's a girl they want, then a girl they might just get.
I called Renee up.
"Can I borrow some clothes?" I asked.
I heard Renee gasp."I have the perfect skirt for you!" she said.
"NOO!"I shout. "nothing drastic, just a little change. Something different" I tell her.
"Oh. I see, baby steps." she joked. "I'll be over there in a little while."
Sign up to rate and review this story