Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > lonely heart of a foreign girl (naruto story)

lonely heart of a foreign girl (naruto story)

by unlucky13 0 reviews

An American girl has to move to the UK where she meets her new friends, blah blah yada yada just read the damn story

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Naruto - Published: 2007-11-30 - Updated: 2007-12-01 - 2592 words - Complete

-1MarySue
I still couldn’t believe this had happened. I leaned my head against the window of the train and stared at the rain dripping down the glass leaving small water lines. How could they do this to me?! Sure I understood their logic but to ask me to leave my friends? Tears threatened to leak from my eyes but by now I was tired of crying. I still can’t believe she’s gone……

FLASHBACK

I was at Barnes and Noble with my friends well my cell phone rang. “Moshi Moshi?” I asked using the Japanese I had been learning all year. “Margaret, we are sad to inform u that your mother has had a terrible car accident….didn’t make it….18-wheeler…. Terribly sorry….” that’s all my mind would register from what they had told me. “Oi Mageroni who is it?” Victoria asked. That’s when I dropped the phone and passed out. I had woken up in my bedroom where my sister and her fiance sat on the floor with tear-stained cheeks.
“S-sissy?” I said stuttering. She looked up then looked away sadly. That told me all I needed to know…. It was true. Least to say my mother’s possessions were split among us. My sister, being the only one of age, got the house. She wanted to take care of me but I knew she couldn’t. There was no way I was staying with my father and step-mother. Not that I didn’t love them, it’s just I already had terrible sleeping habits and being woken up at 2 a.m. was not an option.
My grandparents knew I would not want to stay with them so they figured everything out. I was moving to Scotland where my step-grandfather lived that I barely knew. Still it was good to start a new. During the time I was there I lost a lot of weight due to the fact that I had to walk to school. I ended up never getting any friends there though. I would always message my friends on the internet. However, a year later my grand-father died……

END FLASHBACK

I wish I could just go home but I knew that was not an option. At least my friends still emailed me. I was now on my way to London. My grandparents still wanted to keep me out of the country. Now the only time I would get to see my family was during Christmas. I bit my lip so I wouldn’t scream in frustration. Sure my grandparents were paying for a nice London flat and a private school but I knew I wouldn’t make friends. All the friends I had I’d either known my entire life or I knew them through a friend and knew that they were ok to talk to. So in other words, I’m completely antisocial. The train stopped and I simply got off. I had no luggage due to the fact it went up in the fire that had killed my grandfather.
All I had was my backpack/purse and the clothes on my back. I walked about 15 blocks until I came to a flat. I bit my lip. Would this just be another home I would have to leave? I sighed and walked up the stairs. I unlocked my door and peered in. I smiled. Thank you lord for wealthy grandparents. They had sent all my stuff from home. Sure it was all in boxes but it sure was reassuring. I noticed I had a fairly large kitchen. Again, thank you Nama and Pop. There was one bathroom and two bedrooms.
I frowned. Why the extra bedroom? Oh well. I put all the furniture in it’s proper place and started to unpack my boxes. I was so happy it was nearing Christmas. For one thing I would be able to stop wearing belts. My pants were really baggy. I also couldn’t wait to see my friends and family. My family may have been big but most of it was poor. I had really been in the poor part of the family but my grandparents still had managed to spoil me.
I smiled. I would be able to see my little brother and sister. Well, half brother and sister. I wondered if they could talk. Crap, I have school tomorrow. Great, another day to try to make friends. Whatever, I could do fine on my own. I went out and bought some food for the week. My grandparents may have paid for me to live the good life but I really didn’t like rich food. I practically lived off ramen anyway. I scouted for a good Chinese restaurant and easily found one. I was really happy when I found out it was cheap. I went then to the grocery store and found all my stuff that I needed. When I got to the register however I had forgotten to bring all the money I needed.
“Shit, I’m sorry, can I run home and get it?” I asked. The lady looked at me hatefully. “Don’t worry, I’ll get it. How much miss?” the boy beside me said. While he and the woman talked about it I noticed that he was not British but not American either. After he had paid for me and himself he grabbed his bag. I had mistakenly not brought a large bag with me to carry the stuff home. “I can help,” he said. “Arigatou,” I said trying to see if my guess was right. “Hey miss you speak my language,” he laughed.
“Thanks so much for the cash back there, that woman is scary,” I said. This boy had long black hair that he had tied in a loose ponytail with medium length bangs. His hairstyle was just like mine. “No problem,” he said. We were silent the rest of the way to my flat. I unlocked the door and brought my stuff to the kitchen setting the groceries down on the floor. He copied me as I went to my wallet to get the money to pay him back. I handed him the money but her wouldn’t take it. “Hey I said it was no problem. My family’s pretty well off so I’ll be fine,” he said. “but-” “no really I’m fine,” he said cutting me off. “I’m Itachi by the way,” he said stretching out a gloved hand that I shook. He looked me up and down. Not that I was attractive but the fact I was in ragged clothes probably made him wonder.
“Well I’m Maggie, but ever since I moved I prefer to be called Sunako,” I said trying to stop the awkwardness. “How old are you? Surely you can’t have a job?” he said. “I’m 15, and my grandparents over seas pay for me to live here,” I answered. He nodded. I shivered. This may have been a nice flat but the heater was broken and wouldn’t be worked on until next Wednesday. “why’s it so cold in here?” he asked. “Heater’s out.” “Hey you can come stay with me and my brother until it’s back up!” he said. “Sorry but I’d rather not. I‘ve just met you ,” I said. He nodded again. “Well I’ll see ya around ok? Stay warm!” he shouted, but before he closed the door he asked “you wouldn’t happen to be going to St. Mark’s High would you?”
“Yeah, how’d you know?” I asked curiously. “All I know is that we’re getting a new student at the school so I guess you’re her,” he said. “They told everyone there would be a new student?!” I asked appalled. “Yeah so expect random people coming up to you tomorrow,” he said that and shut the door. Shit!!! I had hoped to gradually disappeared and just be some girl in the crowd. Well it wasn’t going to happen now. I put my groceries away and finished unpacking. This year would definitely be torture.
I went to bed after emailing my friends. I woke up at 6 a.m. I really hated getting up early but I had to walk to school still. I had no car. I took a shower and dressed in my usual jeans and I decided on a Green Day shirt. I put on my overly large hoody and my rainbow socks that went to my knees. I made some instant ramen and turned on the TV. The high today was 32. Great, I was going to freeze. At least it’s better than Arkansas. I grabbed my pack and left for school. It wasn’t much of a walk though. Only like 5 blocks. I walked through the iron gate of St. Mark’s High and noticed a bunch of kids sitting on the cement stairs.
“Oi, give us all your cash newbie,” one said. “Whatever ass hole,” I said and kept walking. I was grabbed roughly by my shoulder and forced to turn around. “Hey watch who your talking to kid! How would you like to be hung from the steeple?” he said. I was so used to bullying. I just rolled my eyes. “As if you could,” I said. “Hey guys we have and American on our hands!” he said. Another guy said “I think you should apologize or you might get hurt.” The guy sneered but I just sighed.
“Get the hell away from me and I won’t shove this pen up your ass,” I said. The guy laughed and pulled my hair. I punched him in the gut and he doubled over. I was walking away when I felt a thick, hard book come in contact with my head. “sigh I try to walk away and yet you keep on trying…” I swung my arm around, my fist breaking the guy’s nose. The bell rang. “You’ll pay for that!” the guy said as he hurried to his class. Great, just great. I already had a gang after me. Well, at least it couldn’t get any worse…..
I walked to my first class which just happened to be AP Calculus. I had been put in the advanced classes but I didn’t mind. People there were usually more mature. I walked into the class and all eyes came on me. My first impression: preps, every single one of them. All the girls were in pink and looked like size 0’s. The guys didn’t look as if they were paying the slightest bit of attention. However I was wrong, they weren’t all preps. The only one that wasn’t was a guy that looked about my age. He had a kind of cockatoo hairstyle and really pale skin. He looked a lot like the guy that had helped me with my groceries. He was in the back and it looked like he was writing notes.
“Miss Hearsly your late,” the teacher said scowling. “Well, does being attacked at the beginning of school count as an excuse?” I said darkly. “Whatever, take a seat,” she said pointing to one next to the guy I had noticed earlier. “Today class…..” That was all I cared to listen for. I never listened to the teachers. If there was some I didn’t get I would just look in the book. Earlier I had thought the boy had been taking notes but he had actually been drawing. “Mr. Uchiha!” the teacher yelled. “Yes Mrs. Tigrent?” He said without looking up. “Can you repeat to me what I just said or were you to engrossed in your useless art to listen?” I was really hating this lady. I for one, could argue about art all day. I was about to explode but he beat me to it. “Excuse me Mrs. Tigrent but I thought you just called my art worthless?” he said.
She smirked, “yes I did, because that’s what it is.” He was about to speak but I knew I couldn’t take it anymore. “Mrs. Tigrent may I be moved to a lower class?” I asked. She sneered, “What the American can’t keep up with our standards?” “No actually I simply don’t wish to be in a class where the teacher is a complete bitch,” I said. Her eyes got so big I thought they might pop out. “To the office Miss Hearsly!” she screamed. “With pleasure,” I said. “I’m leaving as well,” the Uchiha boy said. She ‘hmphed’ and pointed to the door.
I walked out of the room with the Uchiha close behind. “Hey you’re the new kid right?” he said. “yea” “I’m Sasuke Uchiha,” he said. “Sunako Hearsly,” I said. He lead me to the Principal’s office. As soon as I walked in I saw a short woman sitting at the desk. “Ah, Miss Hearsly, find something wrong?” she asked. “Yes I would like to complain about Mrs. Tigrent’s teaching skills,” I said. “Your not the first, this is the tenth complaint this week, I’ll talk to her about it. In the meantime wait in here until second period,” she said. Well at least I had a good principal.
I sat down on the bench and Sasuke sat beside me. “So…… are you into art?” he asked. “Oh yeah, I love it. But I haven’t touched my sketchbook in a year and I’d prefer not to,” I said. “Why” “I’d prefer not to say,” I said. There was a long moment of silence. “So you’re Itachi’s little brother?” I asked. “Yeah how’d you know?” “You look a lot alike,” I said. The bell rang and I had to go to history. History wasn’t as bad, mainly because I had a great teacher. I knew no one but there was one boy who kept smiling at me. I think his name was Naturo? Naruto? I don’t know but he was nice. The rest of the day went pretty fast until it came to lunch. “Oi Sunako!” it was the blonde kid from earlier. How did he know my name? I noticed both Uchihas sitting with him. “Come sit with us!” he shouted. Shit he was drawing attention to me.
I walked over quickly and sat down. Besides him and the Uchihas there were 3 more boys sitting there. One had blood red hair and really bad insomnia under his eyes. He’s like me. Another had a bowl cut and was wearing a strikingly tight, green shirt. The last was a guy who was a bit on the taller side with bright blue hair. In fact everything about him was blue. His hair, his clothes, and his nail polish. All this seemed to give his skin a blue tint.
The blonde boy stood up and took a bow. “I am Naruto Uzamaki. This,” he said pointing to the red head ,” Is Gaara no Sabaku. And this,” he said now pointing to the guy with the bowl cut,” is Rock Lee. And last but not least is Kisame,” he said pointing to the ‘blue’ guy. “I’m Sunako Hearsly, nice to meet you all,” I said quietly. “Hey,” Kisame said, “Itachi isn’t this the girl who lives alone? You know the one you won’t shut up about?” Itachi reddened and nodded. “So why exactly did you all call me over here?” I asked.

Sign up to rate and review this story