Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Seconds Counting Down Until I See You Again

Chapter 12-Found Out-July 4

by rejected_smurf_god 3 reviews

The fourth of July has come. Explosions with it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-03 - Updated: 2007-12-03 - 829 words - Complete

0Unrated
Next week never seemed to come slower. Days dragged on forever and evry time I saw Ashlee draping her sickingly skinny body across Pete's I couldn't help but growl sliently as the green-eyed monster inside me crouched to pounce.

Gerard didn't spend much time with me as he used to. He didn't hold my hand or kiss me goodnight. He didn't tell me he loved me anymore. I didn't want to admit it but I was scared. Scared he knew about Pete and I. Scared of what he would do.

He ignored me for three agonizing days. Three agonizing days after the incident with the hotel room. He didn't say a word to me until I got fed up with it and confronted him on the fourth of July.

"Gerard," I said touching his shoulder gently.

He ignored me.

"Gerard." I repeated a little bit louder.

He stayed silent still staring at the lit up sky.

"Gerard, damnit, look at me!" I exclaimed "Talk to me!"

He turned towards me. In the firework's explosive light I saw his sorrowful eyes. He sighed at me.

"Kendra, if you're not happy with me you can tell me instead of going out and sleeping with another man." He whispered "So am I not good enough for you?"

I shook my head vigorously.

"No, Gee, if anything you're too good for /me/." I whispered.

A blue firework lit up the sky and for a moment I could see everything and everyone behind Gerard.

Code for: Pete was watching me with a worried expression written all over his face.

Then the light faded and all I could see was the disappointment on Gerard's white face.

"Dra, look, I love you, I really do, but if you want to be with someone else then that's fine. I don't care. Just don't lie to me. Please."

I gave a small laugh. Trying to make a joke. "Don't lie? You're the one who's lying here. You don't care? You do care. You know you do." I said, inwardly grimacing at my insult, not a joke. Gerard smiled a small smile and nodded.

"Ok. You're right. I do care, so now you have to tell the truth for once." He stated.

Ouch. I tell the truth.

"Ok, fine. What do you want me to answer truthfully?" I asked placing a hand on my waist. This conversation was turning into a cat fight. I think I'd rather take Ashlee.

"Who'd you do?" Gerad asked crossing his arms.

I stared at him. He stared back waiting fro my answer.

"Of all the questions, you ask who I /did/?" I asked.

"I want to know the man that has your heart instead of me." He replied. "Well?"

"Pete." I muttered. "He and I were together four years ago and I can't seem to let him go."

Gerard nodded understandingly. "There was that hard?"

"You have no idea." I muttered back. I cast a glance at Pete and back. "So...are we good?"

He thought for a moment. "Sure. We're good."

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I exclaimed. Gerard pulled his arms around me.

"No problem bab. Anything that makes you happy makes me happy." He said quietly.

"Even if you don't get the girl?" I asked hesitatingly.

Gerard nodded. "Even if I don't get the girl." He pushed me towards Pete and patted me on the ass "Go get 'um gurl."

I laughed and walked over to Pete. "Hey Petey." I called.

A real smile passed onto his lips. "Hey Dra."

Ashlee looked at us strangly.She tightened her clutches around Pete's arm and glared at me.

"Kendra."

"Simpson."

She bared her teeth at me and then pulled Pete into a wet, sloppy kiss. Pete resisted as well as he could and finally Ashlee gave up. She gloated her boyfriendness at me even though her boyfriend didn't even like her anymore. I gloated right back seeing as her boyfriend was the one that loved me.

"How are you and Gerard?" Pete asked politely searching for an answer in my eyes.

"Oh, we broke it off." I said noncalently. "We're still friends though."

Pete nodded "That's good."

Ashlee jumped at the chance to make fun of me being boyfriendless. "Oh, why'd you break up?"

I smiled graciously at her "I cheated with a man I previously dated."

Ashlee's smile faded alittle. She looked between me and Pete quickly "Oh" was all she managed to say.

I looked at Ashlee, who was slowly growing red as she pieced together my puzzle, to Pete, who had a dreamy smile on his lips as his eyes scanned every detail on my face.

"Well, happy fourth of July." I said an dI turned away and walked back to the others feeling a bit triumphant.

------------------------------------

Hey did any of you guys watch Tin Man last night on SciFi? DUDE!!! IT WAS SWEET!!!!

I know I'm a nerd.

Enjoy.
Sign up to rate and review this story