Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The clock still ticks.

Uhm...

by 12shawab 0 reviews

...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Itachi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-04 - Updated: 2007-12-04 - 683 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brook layed face down on Konan's bed, sighing very often.

"You'll have to tell him some time." Konan said, rubbing Brook's back gently.

"Tell who what?" Sasori said, poking his head through the door.

"Get out of here!" Konan through a pillow at him, hitting him in the face.

"Fine, jeez." He backed down the hallway.

"Do you want me to tell him?" Konan said as Brook sat up.

She shook her head, quickly regreting the motion and running to the bathroom to throw up. She layed on the floor of the bathroom, thinking about Itachi's reaction when she told him. The most prominent in her mind was anger. And depression. And she knew what he would propose. Abortion was not what she wanted.

She fell asleep on the cold tile and woke up when Itachi picked her up to take her to bed. He layed down with her, wrapping his arms around her protectively. He whispered sweet words in her ear, knowing she was awake.

She groaned against him, but it was because she knew what she had to say, not that she was uncomfortable. "I love you." He whispered as he pressed his lips on her ear, kissing her gently.

"Promise?" She said quietly. She put his hands on her shoulders, moving away slightly so he could look at her.

"It surprises me that you even need to ask." He kissed the tip of her nose then kissed her on the lips. He pulled away from her and she opened her eyes slowly. "I promise."

A tear slipped out of her eye and fell on the bed. He pulled her close to him. "Shh." He said.

"Itachi," She mumbled into his chest. She pulled away from him and sat up on the bed. He sat behind her, massaging her shoulders.

"Yes?" He whispered in her ear. She put her hands on his and turned around.

"I need to talk to you. Don't interrupt me." She said as he opened his mouth. He closed it.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" He asked, looking worried.

"No. Nothing's wrong. Just something... Happened."

"Like?"

"Um... Itachi..."

"Brook." He said softly. "Spit it out."

"I'm pregnant."

Itachi stared at her. "You're sure?" She nodded.

He blinked a couple times then stood up. He ran his hand through his hair a couple times. "What are we going to do?" He snapped, looking down at her.

"I don't know." She was looking down at the bed. Her voice cracked on the last word.

He sighed and walked over to her, taking her in his arms. "I'm sorry," He said, soft sobs were the only noise she made.

She mumbled something into his chest that he couldn't understand. "What?"

"We can't do this." She said, looking into his calming eyes. Another tear slipped down her cheek and Itachi took her face in his hands, wiping the tear away with his thumb.

"We can learn." He kissed her forehead. "We can try."

"I can't do it."

"You can do anything."

"I can't do it here."

He looked at her puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"I can't do it here. At the Akatsuki. We have to leave."

"To where? I can't go anywhere."

"Actually, I've been thinking about it. I thought I could ask Tsunade for permission for you to come back to the village with me."

"Brook..."

"You said you would do anything for me." She took his hands in her's. "This is under anything."

"They won't let me."

"It's worth asking. You can wait in the woods while I go and ask. Then I'll come back and get you or we'll come back here. But we have to go now."

"Okay. I guess it's worth a shot."

She kissed him. "Thank you."

He sighed. "Let's get going. It's getting late."

Brook and Itachi snuck out of his window, Itachi catching Brook when she jumped.

When they were a fourth of a mile from the village gate Brook left Itachi and went the rest of the way by herself.

Kakashi was the first one to notice her.

~~*~~
Please reveiw.
Sign up to rate and review this story