Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Friday

by checkered_stars 3 reviews

Sorry about the wait...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-12-05 - Updated: 2007-12-05 - 1026 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 44-

Friday. Ah, how I love thou Friday.

Today, I had two reasons for this.

One, it’s the end of the week. No school for two whole days.

And two, it was the last day of my suspension and the second last day of my lunchtime detentions with Coburn.

Today was going to be a good day. Hopefully. I don’t wanna jinx anything. I’m quite good at that.


I walked down the corridor at half of lunch, carrying my books to yet another lunchtime detention.

“Hey Rachel?” I heard someone say behind me.

At the sound of my name, I automatically turned around.

But as I did. I wish I hadn’t.

“What the fuck do you want Kara?” I sighed, turning around fully so I could face her completely.

“That’s not a very nice way to greet someone.” Kara said in that snobby voice of hers.

“I’m not a nice person.” I shrugged smartly.

Kara’s eyes bore into mine.

“What the hell do you want Kara? I have to hurry up and get to detention.” I said, getting slightly annoyed.

Kara snickered at the mention of my detention.

“I just came to say that I’m sorry about your parents divorce. My parents were divorced once before they got back together and got married again.” Kara said kindly.

A little too kindly… What was she up to?

“Thanks.” I mumbled, turning and walking away.

To yet another detention. Fun.

*

I sighed and slammed my locker as I grabbed my books for the last two periods for the day. Just coming out of detention.

“Ready to go Scarlet?” I asked, looking down at her.

“Yeah, hang on. I just gotta get something out of my bag.” Scarlet said as she got up and walked hurriedly to her bag.

I saw Gerard walk up with Ashley, Lily, Bob and Frank.

I turned around and gave them a tired smile.

Gerard avoided my glance and stood next to Bob awkwardly.

I gave a strange look at no one in particular and I felt Bob lean in towards me.

“I’ll tell you after school.” Bob whispered simply.

I looked up at him, nodded and walked off.

To yet another suspension.

*

I ran through the crowded corridor like it was a maze, dodging walls and people and random objects that was thrown across the corridor.

I saw my friends at the end of the corridor and screamed triumphantly.

“I’m free!” I sang loudly.

“Free from what?” Scarlet asked clueless as I danced around in front of her.

“Suspension! It’s over! Done with! FINISHED!” I screamed happily, throwing my things in my locker and grabbing my bag before skipping out the door.

“And it’s the weekend! Even better!” I smiled as I walked with Scarlet, Bob, Mikey, Tegan and Gerard.

Scarlet and Tegan stopped and the rest of us walked on.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow!” I shouted.

Scarlet and Tegan smiled and waved before I turned my glance around to what’s in front of me.

“Where are you going tomorrow?” Mikey asked.

“Me, Scarlet and Tegan are going shopping.” I smiled.

“Haha, you have to spend a whole day with them.” Mikey teased.

“I don’t mind. Unlike you Mikey, I happen to like my friends.” I giggled.

Mikey laughed and kept on walking.

And I couldn’t help but notice how strangely quite Gerard was being.

I felt an arm link with mine, and I looked up to see Bob smiling happily at me. I smiled back and we skipped happily down the road.

“Man, you two are the biggest bunch of pansy’s.” Mikey laughed.

“Shut it Way!” Bob and I yelled together.

We arrived out the front of Mikey and Gerard’s and said goodbye to them.

Well Mikey did anyway. Gerard just kinda mumbled something and walked inside.

Very unlike him.

Bob saw the look of confusion and hurt on my face and dragged me away by my hand.

We ad walked a few meters when I broke the silence.

“Okay, so now that we’re alone. You have to tell me what the hell is up with my boyfriend.” I said sternly.

“Nothing’s really that wrong.” Bob shrugged.

“Nothing’s really that wrong? Are you serious? Bob, I’m not that stupid, I know something’s wrong, I can tell… And besides, you said you’d tell me anyway.” I said smartly.

“Kara came up to us at lunch time.” Bob started, before pausing, noting my reaction.

“Yeah?” I urged on.

“She came up and started acting all nice to us. She talked to us and didn’t say anything mean about anyone.” Bob said in a shocked tone.

“Kara? Kara Price?” I asked, equally shocked.

“Yeah!” Bob nodded.

“Was she with anyone else?” I asked.

“Nope. It was just her.” Bob answered slowly.

“And what has that got to do with Gerard acting so weird all of a sudden?” I asked.

“If you’d let me finish.” Bob said angrily.

I held me hands in the air protectively.

“After a while she asked Gerard if she could talk to him alone. Gerard hesitated at first but soon enough gave in.” Bob went on.

“What did they talk about?” I asked, getting a little worried.

“That’s the thing, no one knows. He just came back, alone, and he was quite. He didn’t say anything for the rest of lunch, and he’d just stare at the ground.” Bob shook his head.

“Do you reckon it could’ve been something she said?” I asked.

“I dunno. But all I know is that they went to that back, back tree on the other side of the oval. That’s it. Whatever went on there, I have no idea… Maybe you should talk to Gerard about it?” Bob suggested.

“I might tomorrow.” I mumbled.

“Rach, don’t let this get to you. It’s probably nothing. He’s fine.” Bob assured.

“It’s not Gerard that I’m worried about… It’s Kara I’ve got to watch out for…” I said.
Sign up to rate and review this story