Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Long Live the Car-Crash Hearts

8

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

So I pretty much hate my computer. But I lovelovelove the verizon store near me ;)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-07 - Updated: 2007-12-08 - 1565 words

0Unrated
e i g h t.

I had been training myself in my spare time. The entire night before I was going to go out with Andy, I trained myself to walk without limping so much and without wincing with every step. It took a lot of effort, but it kept my mind off of all of the comments Joe had made before I decided to go to bed and not try and decipher them until the next morning. I mean, their meanings were pretty clear, but I didn't know why or how Andy was supposedly going to hurt me, and I really couldn't picture him hurting me at all. So I walked and tried my hardest not to limp and not to wince. And I succeeded in the not wincing aspect of it. The limping was something that helped me to not wince so much, and I really didn't want to walk around perfectly normally with a weird, scrunched up look on my face. So I sacrificed a bit. After satisfying myself for the most part, I decided that I should probably get some sleep and try to look nice and rested for Andy tomorrow. None of the guys needed to know that I wasn't really resting like I was suppposed to.

"So what exactly does Joe mean by 'He'll only end up breaking your heart'?" I asked Patrick the next morning as I started to get ready for my "big date", as everyone was calling it, with Andy. Patrick bit his lip and sighed.

"I was kind of hoping that I didn't have to be the one to tell you this," he said. "OK, about a year or so ago, Andy was going out with this girl that he was going insane over. We thought she liked him back as much, but he caught her cheating on him. So naturally, he broke up with her. But it tore him to pieces. And now he...well he hasn't had exactly the best track record with women," Patrick said evasively. I rolled my eyes, getting impatient. "He's kind of gotten into the habit of...well of fucking and running, to put it bluntly. He's known for being a ladies' man, and he hasn't been too ashamed of it. I think it's mostly because he's been trying to get over the fact that the one girl he thought he could trust went and betrayed him. He hasn't been the same ever since then, and we gave up trying months ago when it became clear that he was still hurting and wanted to deal with it in his own way." I looked down, taking it all in. "With that being said, I don't think that this is what your date is all about. I honestly think that he's trying to move past his reputation and his past and that he genuinely likes you." Patrick looked at me hopefully, probably expecting me to say how much I liked Andy.

I sighed, and a short, albeit awkward, silence ensued. I was thinking. Maybe this wasn't all worth the trouble. I mean, I liked Andy, and he seemed like a great guy. I really wanted to get to know him, but... "And what if he doesn't genuinely like me?" I asked finally.

"If he doesn't genuinely like you, then I will make sure that one of us beats him up. Because you're a special girl, and only a dick would want you for just your body when you're such a great person," Patrick said, blushing a bit. I felt my cheeks going pink, too, and I smiled a bit.

"Well thank you for the ego boost, Patrick. But you, my dear best friend, will have to leave now since I'm going to change," I said. Patrick left, and I changed into jeans and an orange long-sleeved shirt with a black undershirt. I slipped a pair of green and blue shoes on and allowed Patrick to come back in as I looked for my purse and my jacket. "Well, how do I look?" I asked when I found them, turning around for Patrick's inspection.

"Absolutely wonderful, my dear. And now, I believe you should be going, as you might be late for your date. Don't worry, it'll all work out. Just concentrate on having a good time, and forget about everything that I told you this morning," Patrick said, pushing me out the door and into the hallway. I rolled my eyes and made my way carefully down the hall and into the living room, where Andy was waiting for me. He cleared his throat and his eyes widened a bit when he saw me. His eyes drank me in all the way from my short and messy dark hair to the tips of my sneaker-clad toes.

"Um...You look...wow...I mean nice...Let's get going," he stammered. I bit my lip and sent one last anxious glance towards Patrick and Pete, who were encouraging me from around a corner to follow Andy before I went out and got into the car. "Don't worry, I won't crash or anything like Pete," Andy reassured me with a smile, which I returned.

We went to eat at a vegan restaurant, and Andy requested a table at the back so that we would have less interruptions. We ordered, and another awkward silence settled over us. Andy sighed, then took a deep breath.

"Lane, I need to talk to you," he started. I nodded, agreeing that we should probably talk. "I know that you've probably heard things about me by now. Things that I'm not in the least bit proud of and that I regret doing now. But please rest assured that I have changed. I don't want to just use you like I've done to so many other girls. I don't want to break your heart, love you and then leave you. You seem like such a special girl, and I really want to get to know you better. I like you, Lane. I don't know how else to describe it."

I took a deep breath, then opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted by our food arriving. Once everything was settled, I started again. "Listen, Andy. I really want to get to know you too. You seem like such a good guy, and I like you," I said. There was so much more that I wanted to say, but I couldn't find the words, so I just left it at that.

The rest of breakfast was silent and a bit awkward. Andy, of course, wouldn't let me pay for my food, and we made our way to the car. Andy turned on the engine, but didn't go anywhere.

"Lane?" he said after about a minute. I nodded in response. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Why would you think that?" I asked, a bit confused. I had been lost in my thoughts all morning, weighing good against bad in this situation with Andy. I didn't know which side was winning.

"You haven't really said anything this entire morning, and you look like you're not happy. Do you want me to just take you home?" he asked, sounding a bit disappointed. I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Andy. I've just been kind of lost in my thoughts all morning," I replied sheepishly.

"Well, what were you thinking about?" he asked. I bit my lip.

"Honestly? I was thinking about whether or not this was a good idea," I mumbled. His face fell.

"What can I do to prove to you that this was a good idea and that I'm not going to use you, that I actually like you?"

"I honestly don't know. I mean, obviously there are certain lines that need to be drawn, but I think that you can figure those out on your own," I replied.

"Would I be crossing a line if I asked if I could kiss you?" he asked hopefully. I bit my lip and shook my head. He carefully leaned across the center console of the car and kissed me gently. After pulling away, we both had slightly pink cheeks. The boy could kiss. He started driving us home after a while, and we were in a much more comfortable silence the way home.

Andy pulled into the driveway, and we sat in the car for a little longer, enjoying our privacy. "I had a great time this morning," I said to Andy. He smiled.

"I did too," he said. His lips parted as he started to say something else, but I leaned over and stole another gentle kiss before hopping out of the car and making my way into the house, leaving a stunned Andy still in his car with the engine running.
-----
A/N: So I tried posting this last night, and my computer didn't read it and like shut down the internet completely. So I was too pissed to write something this sappy. Hopefully it's longer. Please excuse the fluffiness, I'm ecstatic at the moment.
I went into Verizon today with a broken phone, expecting to buy a new one, and came out with not only an awesome phone, but a signing Gym Class Heroes poster. Needless to say, this is a very wonderful day. (But this is in no way propaganda for Verizon. Just to clear things up.)

Love it? Hate it? Review.
Sign up to rate and review this story