Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Klondike bar

by genini1 3 reviews

Harry decides to do what he can to fight Voldemort. Ron and Hermione bashing.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-12-08 - Updated: 2007-12-08 - 748 words

2Insightful
Disclaimer I do not in any way own Harry potter or the affiliated character’s

What would you do for a Klondike bar? An innocent question created by some marketing executive who probably got a raise and promotion for coming up with it, but the saying applies quite well to the situation Harry found himself in. It’s not really a Klondike bar of course but the metaphor is the same. How far are you willing to go to get what you want in life? This was the question Harry found himself asking at 4:00 a.m. sitting on a park bench in the bleak and dreary darkness. He considered how others he knew would answer the question if he asked them. Dumbledore would likely say some useless advice that never really was an answer at all like “that one should go only as far as they must”, all the while smiling with that annoying twinkle in his eye. Hermione would probably quote some long dead philosopher whilst claiming the quote as her one pearl of wisdom. Ron would just look at him like he said the Chudley Cannons could never hope to win a championship before shaking it off and changing the subject.
Thinking about his friends and headmaster, Harry chuckled lightly at the thought of them. He pictured asking Ron whilst he was stuffing his face and the mess that would be created from Ron spitting his food out.
Standing up for a stretch he continued thinking about his specific question, how far would he go to stop Voldemort. It’s a question he had asked himself many a time over the summer with his new found free time. The Dursley’s had decided that with the restrictions on his magic use expiring in only a few years they would leave him to his own devices. This was fine with him as it left him alone with his thoughts without being bothered to trim the hedges or mow the already perfect lawn.
Tonight on July 20th Harry finally thought he had his answer to the question and he could summon it up in one single sentence. He would go until he could go no further, that is the total and absolute destruction of Riddle and his minions. Until every last death eater camp was burned to the ground he would continue to fight and kill once it came time for that.
Unlike what many people think he decided to do this not for some sense of duty to the wizarding world, they could all die for what he cared. They were not worth his time or effort to save praising him one minute while condemning him as the future dark lord. No the people of the wizarding world had proven themselves unworthy of him in his eyes and he would not be doing it for them. He did not even do it for the memory of his parents as some others would suggest. This would not be a revenge quest for killing his parents all those years ago because as much as he tried to envision their faces and how they would feel about him he couldn’t and they remained shadows in the darkness present, but not really there to effect.
The real reason he decided to go all out was for a much more selfish and yet just as important reason. He knew Voldemort answered the same question much like he did. As much as he hated it he was the symbol of the first war and the embodiment of Voldemorts failures. So long as he breathed Voldemort could not entirely control the population and bend them to his will. There would always be some out there saying “Harry’s coming to save us after all he defeated him the first time. Much as Harry thought he got the raw end of the deal when it came to his life he still didn’t want to die, and as a result he would destroy Riddle. He and Riddle were meant to have their fates intertwined, an unwilling pair of destiny. Thinking of him and Riddle as a duo caused Harry to laugh out loud, a duo was one to many he would have to kill the spare.

A/N So read and review tell me what you think and where I should go with it depending on how good the reviews are ill probably have the next and much longer chapter out in a week.
Sign up to rate and review this story