Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 13: I Never Really Lived More Than An Hour

by VikkiMole 3 reviews

‘Aparently…’ I begin, trying to be very careful with how I answer, ‘I’m in love with you… Because you make me happy…’

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-10 - Updated: 2007-12-10 - 1182 words

0Unrated
It took over two hours and half for Patrick to calm down. I couldn’t blame him. I couldn’t imagine how hard it must’ve been to lose something so important to him. I handed him a cup of hot chocolate. He forced out a smile and mumbled a thanks into his lap. I couldn’t think of what I could possibly say to him. Luckily, he started the conversation.

‘You must think I’m an idiot…’ He mumbled into the cup

‘Why’s that?’ I asked

‘Crying over a guitar…’ He laughed, voice still shakey

‘It’s okay…’ I try to comfort him, ‘I get it.. Really..’

‘You… you do?’ He asked, I nodded ‘I’m glad… you didn’t.. make fun of me..’

I snorted loudly, his eyes fixed on me.

‘Patrick...man.. I wouldn’t do that’ I replied, placing my hand on his back

‘Thank you..’ He smiled, staring at his feet, ‘It’s just…’

He sighed, I listened intently, urging him to continue.

‘When I was nine,’ He started, ‘I went through some shit.. In school.. They all hated me cause I was quiet… They knew I wouldn’t stick up for myself…I had such a shitty time..’

‘I know how that feels..’ I exhale.

‘So, I thought I was trapped in it…’ He shook his head, ‘Then one day I was in this crummy little town hall helping out with some fair or something.. And this guy onstage was playing guitar and I felt… happy.. I loved it.. Music that is…’

I nod, remembering how I felt listening to Patrick play.

‘It kind of saved me.. So when I had a bad day I just put on some music and ignored the world, you know.. Then I started playing guitar… Getting lessons in school.. And my grandma bought me this accoustic guitar… She said that I’d do something great one day… and save other people with my music.’

Tears threatened at the corners of his eyes. Wiping them away with his hand he smiled at me.

‘Me..?’ I asked

‘You..’ He laughed, ‘I’m here to save you’

‘Really?..’ I retorted, grinning

He nodded. I pretended to swoon, batting my eyelids.

‘My hero!’ I cried, fainting into his lap

‘Get off me’ He snorted

‘No!’ I called, snuggling up to him

‘God…’ He giggled, ‘You’re such a girl’

I hit the floor with a thud. It was weird having so much space in this room now, with the coffee table now in the dumpster downstairs. I figured I’d have to get some more furniture eventually, but that was a thought for another day.

‘So..’ He sniffed, staring down at me, ‘How was your day?’

I just that moment remembered I’d even been to therapy today. I ran through what he’d said to me. I laughed.

‘Well…’ I snorted, ‘My therapist thinks I’m gay’

Patrick choked on his hot chocolate, I suppose my laughing didn’t help as he began choking harder. Once the hot chocolate had stopped running from his nose, he giggled as if it was the funniest thing he’d heard in his life.

‘You.. What?’ He said, wiping at his mouth

‘My therapist thinks I’m gay’ I nodded

‘And how, pray tell, did he come to this conclusion?’ He had to repeatedly put his hand to his mouth to stop himself laughing.

‘Aparently…’ I begin, trying to be very careful with how I answer, ‘I’m in love with you… Because you make me happy…’

There was silence for a while. Patrick seemed to have turned to stone. Not moving. I could tell his brain was working overtime as it always does. Very very slowly, he nodded.

‘Right…’ He answered, seriously at first before bursting into laughter again.

‘What?’ I ask, laughing as well

‘You love me?’ He hooted, having to put the cup down for fear of spilling it.

I blushed harder than I ever had before. I tried to laugh it off.

‘No!’ I cried poking his ankles

He looked mock offended.

‘And why not?’ He asked, mouth in an o shape.

‘Cause you… Cause… You’re a dude!’ I laugh.

‘Would you love me if I was a chick?’ He questioned, deadly seriously

‘Okay..’ I say, my eyes wide, ‘This conversation is going somewhere scary.’

‘Hey.. Answer my question..’ He pouted, kicking me in my hip

‘No!’ I reply, childishly, tongue sticking out

‘Right!’ It was at that moment that Patrick launched himself at me, tickling me in my one weak spot on my side above my hips.

‘Nooooooo!’ I called, trying to roll around away from him, laughing crazily.

Unfortunately for me, Patrick was a little taller than me and a little heavier than me too. So with his knee planted hard against my hip he had me held down pretty well. He chuckled loudly and leant down to whisper in my ear, making the hair at the back of my neck stand up.

‘No idea why he thinks your gay’ He whispered, tickling me some more

‘A..s..s..h..o..l..e..’ I manage to choke out between snorts, flicking my legs around trying to get free.

Suddenly, he flipped me over underneath him so now I was lying on my front. Patrick wrapped one arm around my throat and sat down on my lower back. He rubbed his nuckles fast over my head causing me to yell in pain.

‘Say uncle’ He laughed behind me,

‘N..e..vv..eee..r!’ I answered, stomach hurting from laughing so much, thrashing harder, finally throwing him off me.

We both sat breathless staring at each other. I was the first to speak this time.

‘You.. are.. weird..’ I blurted, trying to get my breath

‘So.. you keep.. saying..’ He answered, ‘I’m .. tired now..’

‘I hope you’re not expecting sympathy..’ I grin, rubbing at my sore head, ‘Meanie’

‘I’m sorry..’ He smiled, ‘I thought you wanted to be manhandled.. The way you just confessed love to me and all’

My jaw dropped.

‘Oh you don’t think..’ I began, trying not to sound too mean

‘Pete…’ He replied, cutting across, ‘I was joking…’

‘I.. knew that…’ I laugh weakly, Patrick shook his head.

‘Jeez..’ He laughed, getting to his feet and tapping me on the forehead, ‘For a straight guy.. You act like such a Moe..’

I scowled and watched him walk into his room. A small stuttering laugh escapes my lips. Patrick was so strange. Almost bipolar. Able to switch from full on crying to hysterical giggles within the space of a few minutes. I envied him. A thought lingered with me though. Why did I get all tingly when he whispered in my ear? I tell myself it’s just because I was uncomfortable being that close to him. Lying to myself seemed the easiest option. Feeling sleep hit me; I hobble into my lair and shut the door behind me. With Hemmy tucked up beside me I fell into a deep and oddly peaceful sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story