Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Is the worst Kind Of Weapon

Chapter 10: Get busy living or get busy dying.

by dasiaRAWR 3 reviews

rates and reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-12-10 - Updated: 2007-12-11 - 817 words

2Original
Later on that monday night, I ate dinner by myself. My mom was upstairs, probably getting the remains of my father's belongings when i decided to call Pete to apologize for how i acted. Earlier when he had called, i acted....well....rude. I felt bad afterwards, but i was really frustrated at the time. Nate hasnt showed up home, and he was confusing me.

The phone ringed. I waited impatiently. And I could hear my heart beat a little faster from my nerves.
"Hello." A lady's voice answered.
"C-Can I speak to P-Pete?" I asked. She called for him and I could hear dogs barking. I waited for Pete to come one the line.
"Hello." He answered. My heart was on full speed.
"Yeah, I just wanted....to....say sorry" I eventually say. He stood quiet.
"Dasia?" he asked. I rolled my eyes back.
"Yup. Sorry about before. I just had too much on my mind and I was a bitch to you."
He stood quiet once again.
"Nate stopped by." he says low. A smile spread across my face.
"and....."
"He stopped by before. And chilled for a little while."
This time i stood quiet.
"Do you know where he may be?" i asked.
"No. Sorry."
We stood on the phone for another 15 minutes. I told him how I thought the show went. I failed to mention anything about me wanting to be with him.
"I have to leave now."he says, "Andrew's trying to listen in. Not that it'll be anything good." he says loud enough for his little brother.
I hung up.
------------------------------------
It was 3 in the morning when i heard the front door slam. I woke up almost instanly, creeping my way to the stairs. I was awake enough to see Nate, at the edge taking off his jacket. It's only been a couple of days, but something about him changed. I couldnt put my finger on it.
"Nate!" I yell running down the stairs. I hugged him. It shocked both him and me. I never thought I cared so much about his safety being I wished him to hell so many times.
He waited for me to release myself.
I stood at his side, waiting for him to tell me something, like Where's he been? Why was he soo mad?
"Imma go get mom"i say, but he stopped me. "No!" he was exhausted. "I just want to go to sleep" He was walking up the stairs.
"Who brought you?" I asked and he ignored me.
I walked towards the front entrance and looked through the window.
Pete was getting in his father's car. He was with Patrick.
I opened the door and they bothed looked back.
I didnt care how I looked in my pajamas. That didnt matter,I walked up to the car and Patrick rolled down the window.
"Hey" Patrick says. I smiled.
"Thanks." I tell them getting straight to the point. They both looked tired.
"Dont thank me, thank pete"Patrick says. He, like Nate, was tired.
I looked further into the car, at Pete. He stared back, but this time, I saw strange curiousity in his eyes. And I wanted to know what he was thinking. I wanted to know REALLY bad.
I half-smiled at Pete and he did the same.
"Where did you find him?" i asked suddenly. Pete shook his head. "Rather not say.".
I wasnt sure if I wanted to know, all of a sudden.
"If you don't mind me saying, what's wrong?Is everything alright?" Pete asks.
Patrick shot him a look.
"Dude, thats none of your business."Patrick tells him and Pete looked down embarassed.
I doubt Nate told them our father walked out on us.
"Rather not say.".
Pete started up the engine and I backed away from the car.
I made my way up the walkway, glancing back at Pete and Patrick. They always made sure I went int the house safe.
I closed the door softly and thought I'd be able to squeeze in 2 more hours of sleep before I woke up for school.
I dont know what came over me, but I found my self knocking on Nate's bedroom door. I opened it after the thrid knock.
He was layed out, still in his clothes.
"Nate." i say nudgning him, he moved away from my touch.
"I just wanted to say-"
"GO TO SLEEP!" he demanded. I wanted to ask him how he felt.
I wanted to see if it was wrong to some-what dislike your own father. I knew he could care less, but I couldnt tell anyone and I thought maybe, just maybe he'll listen.
"But-"
"I'm not gonna tell you again, go to sleep and get the fuck out my room." he slowly says.
This time I obeyed.
I went to sleep without further interruptions, hoping that eventually this whole thing will blow over.
Sign up to rate and review this story