Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 3

by berryterry 0 reviews

Joe wonders if he has a chance with a girl.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-12 - Updated: 2007-12-13 - 636 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 3

The interview at the Chicago Tribune the next morning went well. Joe put his thoughts about Elaine to the back burner the whole time. In fact, he did not think about her for the rest of the day. He figured that it was no use pondering about her any longer because he’ll probably never see her again. Joe was wrong.

That night, as Fall Out Boy played yet another show in their hometown, there she was, rocking and swaying to the music. Joe couldn’t believe his eyes. “Maybe I have a chance with her after all!” he thought. But that thought quickly disappeared when he noticed that Elaine was with someone… a guy, obviously her boyfriend. At that moment, Joe gave up, knowing that he would never have a chance with her. “It just wasn’t meant to be,” he thought as he rocked out with the band.

After the show ended, the guys went backstage to get changed. Many thoughts entered Joe’s head as he was dressing: thoughts about Elaine, the playground and her boyfriend. He tried desperately to get over it, but he couldn’t. It seemed like everything he did reminded him of Elaine. Frustrated and exhausted from contemplation, Joe decided to go out for some fresh air. He walked out from backstage, and exited through the back entrance of the venue. Of course there was still a swarm of exited fans surrounding the area, who were elated when they saw Joe standing before him. He signed a few autographs and took a few pictures with some of them. When they left, Joe was relieved and proceeded to take a walk around the block. Suddenly, he heard the sound of a woman crying in the distance. He tried to ignore it, but his curiosity got the best of him and he followed the noises. To his surprise, it was none other than Elaine who was crying. She was standing alone, without her boyfriend.

As soon as she saw Joe, her tears came to an abrupt end. She couldn’t believe that a member of Fall Out Boy was standing in front of her in her tearful state, let alone standing in front of her at all.
“Joe!” she screamed. “Oh my God! I’m one of your biggest fans!”
“Aww thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed the show… Um, sorry to be nosy but I saw you crying. Is everything OK?”
“Yeah… well actually I just broke up with my boyfriend… and now I don’t have a ride home.”
“Oh, that sucks. Do you want me to call you a cab or something? I’ll pay for it.”
“Oh, that’s ok. I’ll just call up my friend. She’ll give me a ride.”
“Oh that’s good.”
There was a long pause in the conversation.
“So you probably don’t remember this,” Joe began to say. “But you were in my kindergarten class years ago. I used to hang out at that playground around the school.”
Elaine looked at Joe puzzled for a minute. Then she suddenly remembered everything.
“Oh my God! Yes, Joe, I remember. Wow, it was so many years ago… I think you had a little crush on me, didn’t you?”
Joe laughed. “Come to think of it, I think I did,” he said pretending not be obvious about his new found feelings for her.
Their reminiscing was interrupted by the honking of Elaine’s friend.
“I’m sorry Joe, I got to go. That’s my ride. Keep in touch, ok?” Elaine handed Joe her number.
“Ok, I will. Bye.”

Joe went back on the tour bus with a new sense of hope. "I'm definitely going to call her soon," he thought. "I think my luck is about to change!"
Sign up to rate and review this story