Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 11

by berryterry 0 reviews

Elaine surprises her roomates with big announcements.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-12 - Updated: 2007-12-13 - 1339 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 11

The next day, Elaine walked into her boss’s office at work. She had emailed him the day before telling him that she wanted to speak with him.

“Ms. Krause, you wanted to speak with me. How may I help you?”
“Well sir, I was thinking of taking some time off for vacation. About two weeks.”

Her boss, Harold Johnson, took out a file of her employment record. He read it over carefully for about a minute.

“Well Ms. Krause. Your records show that your are an exemplary worker and you have not missed one day of work since you started here and was only late once. I think you’re due for a vacation!”
“So it’s ok if I take two weeks off?”
“Sure, but no more than that. When do plan on going on this vacation?”
“Two weeks from today, Mr. Johnson.”
“Oh ok. That’s not a problem.”
“Thank you so much sir.”
“You’re quite welcome. Where do you plan on going, if I may ask?”
“Europe with my boyfriend.”
“Europe? Wow! I’ve always wanted to go there.”
“So have I and I’m really looking forward to it.”
“What countries in Europe are you going to?”
“Italy, France, and a few other places.”
“Well that sounds like great fun. Enjoy yourself.”
“I’m sure I will. Thanks Mr. Johnson.”
“Have a good day Ms. Krause.”
“You, too sir.”

Elaine walked out of her boss’s office and into hers. At the end of the day, she drove back her apartment. Janice and Vicky are sitting on the couch watching the evening news.

“Hey guys.”
“Hey,” said Vicky and Janice.
“How was work,” asked Vicky.
“It was good. How was your day?”
“Ok I guess. You know, same old shit.”
“Oh… I have an announcement to make.”
“What is it? asked Janice.”
“I’m going to Europe with Joe and Fall Out Boy in two weeks!”
“No way! That’s awesome!... Wait, you and Joe are a couple now?”
“Yeah, we really hit it off on our first date and well, now we’re going to Europe!”
“Wow, that’s insane,” said Vicky. “No wonder you were never home! Oh, I am so happy for you Elaine!”
“Me too,” said Janice.
“Thanks guys.”

The girls hugged. There was a pause in the conversation.

“So there’s something else I need to tell you guys.”
“What? Don’t tell me you’re getting married!”
“No not yet, but I am…”
“What? Please tell us.”
“Pregnant.”

Vicky and Janice stood there with a stunned look on their face.

“Pregnant?” said Janice “How… wow this is so huge!”
“I know. It came as such a surprise to both of us. But we decided to have the baby.”
“Oh. But what about your life? Sweetie, you’re only 23. You have you’re career, your friends, fun times out. If you have a baby now, all that will change. Did you really think this through?”
“Yes. We decided that we want to raise this child together because that’s how much we love each other. I really want to have this baby and so does Joe. And I know it may not be easy, but some things in life don’t go as planned, and you just have to accept them and welcome them.”
“But what about his schedule? He’s going to be away most of the time and you’ll end up doing all the work yourself.”
“That’s why I’m going to Europe with him, so we could discuss our plans and how we could work this out. He really is trying his best and he doesn’t want me to have to do all the work. He told me he wants to be involved as much as possible.”
“Well I really do hope everything works out. It just seems that everything is happening so fast!”

Janice started to tear up.

“I can’t believe my best friend is going to have a baby!”
“I still can’t believe it either!”

The girls hug, crying tears of joy.

“So do you know if it’s going to be a boy or a girl?” asked Vicky.
“No we want to be surprised.”
“Oh that’s good. Hey you know what, we should all go out and celebrate tonight.”
“I would love to but I have plans with Joe tonight.”
“You could bring him! C’mon wouldn’t it be great for all of us to go out together? Plus I’ve always wanted to meet him!”
“Ok, I’ll ask if he could come out with us.”
“Cool. You do that and if he’s coming I’ll make reservations at that new Italian place on Sterling Avenue.”
“Ok that sounds good.”

Elaine dialed Joe’s number.

“Hello?” he answered
“Hey Joe. I was wondering, would you mind coming out with me and my roommates tonight? I told them our news and they want to go out to celebrate!”
“Uh, yeah, sure. That sound like fun. And I’ve never met your roommates before, so yeah, sounds great!”
“Great! Yeah they’re dying to meet you, too. They’re really nice. I think you’ll like them a lot.”
“Cool, so where are we going?”
“Um, it’s this new Italian place. I think it’s called… hold on.”
“Vicky, what’s the name of that restaurant?”
“Um it’s called Vita Bella.”
“Ok thanks.”
“It’s called Vita Bella, Joe.”
“Oh yeah I’ve heard of it. Never been there before though. But I heard it was good.”
“Cool. Ok meet me at my apartment at 6. You know the address right?”
“Yeah.”
“Ok so I’ll see you then.”
“Yeah see you babe. Bye.”
“Bye.”

At the restaurant, Elaine, Joe, Vicky and Janice were seated. They were all handed menus and started to look at them.
“Wow, everything looks so good here,” said Elaine.
“Yeah. I think I’m going to have the chicken parmesan,” said Joe.
“That sounds good, I think I’m going to have the same. What are you guys thinking of having?”
“I’m leaning towards the spinach ravioli,” said Vicky
“Mmm, lasagna sound good to me,” said Janice

The waitress came over to take their drink orders. They all ordered iced tea. When they got their drinks and gave the waitress their dinner orders, Vicky proposed a toast to Joe and Elaine.
“Here’s to Joe and Elaine on their baby on the way and going to Europe!” she said raising her glass.

They all clinked glasses in celebration.

“Thanks guys for being so supportive of us,” said Elaine. “It really means so much to me.”
“Aww you’re welcome! You know we’re always happy for you.”

Elaine smiled.

“So Joe, it’s so nice to meet you,” said Janice
“Thanks. It’s nice to meet you girls, too. I’ve heard a lot about you.”
“Well, we’ve heard a lot about you too, obviously,” Vicky laughed.
Joe chuckled.
“So I’ve always wanted to know, what’s it like being in a famous band?”
“Well it’s really awesome. You get to meet lots of cool people and go to places you’ve never been to, and of course you get to do what you love, which is play music! But it could also get very tiring, for obvious reasons.”
“That is so cool. You know, we’re big fans of Fall Out Boy!”
“Great! It’s always nice to meet a fan.” He turns to Elaine “Especially when a fan becomes the love of your life!”
Elaine gushed. “Aww, that’s so sweet Joe,” she said
“You’re sweet.”
He kissed her on her hand and they giggled.

The waitress came over with their food. As they were eating, Joe looked out the window. It looked as though there were paparazzi trying to take pictures of them. But he brushed it off and didn’t think about it for the rest of the evening.
Sign up to rate and review this story