Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Rain Instead of Sunshine, and We Like it.

Rain Instead of Sunshine, and We Like it.

by musicandanimelver 1 review

Orochimaru has a daughter? Amaya is Orochimaru's daughter alright, there's no doubt about it, although nobody really knows about her. So what happens when Sasuke meets this loud and hyper girl? Wil...

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Jiraiya,Naruto,Sasuke,Tsunade - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-12-15 - Updated: 2007-12-15 - 1033 words

-1MarySue
I had been there a month, a long, boring, lonely month. Where was I? I was at Orochimaru's lair, no place special. I was just sitting on the roof, above my room, wondering what other people were doing right now. It struck me as odd that there was virtually nobody here other than Kabuto, Orochimaru and myself, that was, until I heard a small voice from next to me, "So, you're Sasuke, he's been talking about you for a while now."


I looked to my right to see a girl, the palest skin I'd ever seen, I mean, she made paper seem tan. She looked down at me with her big red eyes, a small smile on his face. She was wearing black capris, and a shirt with the kanji for spider in red in the middle of it. (蜘蛛)

"Who's he?" I asked out of curiosity, already knowing it was Orochimaru.

She giggled, "Daddy of course."

I looked at her, What does she mean by that?

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, looking her over, her long straight black hair sort of resembled Orochimaru, but I couldn't picture him a father to anybody.

"I mean he-he gave me life, you know, the whole mother and father thing, I kinda think it's gross."

She answered, looking at me strangely, "Then again, he doesn't talk about me much, he doesn't want Konoha to know I'm alive, but that's a story for another day."

[This girl is interesting.]

Kinda. I thought to my conciounce, just looking at her.

[She seems quiet.]

I noticed.

"Soo, if Orochimaru's your fath-"

"She died, my mother." She interrupted, looking up at the sky, she seemed to be glaring at the sun, but I couldn't tell.

"How?" I asked, I knew getting nosy was a bad thing, and to tell yo uthe truth, this is the most I've said in a long time, but I had to know, it was gonna bug me.

"She died giving birth to me." She leaned back, putting her weight, which didn't look like alot, on her hands.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, not believing the words came out of my mouth.

[YOU? Saying sorry? The world must be ending.]

Must I hurt you?

[Not this time buddy.]

"It's ok, I mean, she was always getting sick, according to everyone who knew her, it's better she died in a peacful way, than from a horrible illness." She smiled, her eyes closed, facing the sun.

"Amaya, you really shouldn't bother other people, apologize to Sasuke-kun, and run along."

We both looked up, Orochimaru was in front of us, blocking the yellow orb thst is the sun.

Amaya got up nad nodded to her father, "I-I'm sorry to be a bother." She whispered, and just like that, she was gone.

"She wasn't bothering me," I informed the snake-like man who had taken her place next to me.

"I figured as much, most people like Amaya, she's like a disease, contagious," Orochimaru chuckled, "but I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" I asked, and Orochimaru went into this long speech about my training.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That talk with Orochimaru took longer than I had expected, about three hours longer. It had gotten dark, and I wanted to find Amaya. I searched all over the place, until I ran into Kabuto.

"Kabuto, do you know where I can find Amaya?" I asked, secretly hoping he would know.

"Yes, she is most likely in the fields, looking at the butterflys," he answered, walking right past me the second he finished.

Fields, got it.

[So, why are we going to see her again?]

*I just want to talk to her, is that
a problem?*

[It's kinda strange that you wanna talk to someone, a girl no less.]

I ignored that comment, and kept a steady pace to the fields.

Here we are. Fields. I thought as I crept behind trees, looking around for Amaya. I found her in a small clearing, standing in the center of it, butterflys dancing in the air around her. She was smiling bigger than a little girl who had just recieved a new doll from her father, holding out her hands, letting a butterfly land on her palm.

She giggled, "I love butterflys, but that's not why you're here, I assume, is there anything I can do for you Sasuke?" She let the butterfly go, and turned to face me.

"I just wanted to talk to you." I whispered, looking away.

"Well, I'm all ears," She sat in the grass, and looked up at the moon, "what do you want to talk about?"

I walked out from behind a tall oak tree, and sat next to her, "You weren't bothering me earlier, just so you know." I thought out loud.

"That's good," She smiled, looking at me.

I almost smiled, but stopped myself, knowing it would be a crooked one. "Soooo," she broke the silence, "what do you want to talk about?"

I had to think, I didn't want to look stupid, I remembered something Orochimaru had said about her earlier.

She's normally hyper and loud, you'll think of her as annoying.

"You can be yourself around me, Orochimaru isn't here." I whispered, looking at the grass.

"THAT'S a relief!" She yelled, falling back in the grass. Her pale skin glowed in the moonlight, as she wriggled in the grass, giggling.

...Wow.

[You said she could be herself.]

She looked at my face and giggled, "Sorry, my head was ichy."

I stifled a laugh, then, when it passed, looked at the girl in front of me in disbelief, unnoticed of course.

She just made me laugh, well almost.

[WOW, that's like a story for the newspaper!]

You just wanna get hurt don't you?

[No, not really.]

"Soooooooo," she broke the long silence again, looking at the night sky, "Actually, we should head in, before snakey pants has a heart attack."

"Snakey pants?"

"Yea, you know? Daddy dearest, whatever."

She got up and held out her hand for me. I took it, and she smiled, "I think this is the start of s beautiful friendship...unless you're a jerk, but I don't think you are."
Sign up to rate and review this story