Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'll scream your name until my lungs bleed

Nothing feels like home, you're a thousand miles away

by thnks4thmmrs03 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-17 - Updated: 2007-12-17 - 1039 words

0Unrated
Over the next few months, I hung out with the guys all the time. We were all best friends now and do almost everything together. I’m at every recording and every show, the guys tell me I keep them more organized and sane. I just laughed when I heard that. Tonight was just another night, another show. I was backstage with the boys about 2 hours before they had to go on. I walked into their dressing room and saw Pete trying to straighten his hair but was getting frustrated with the back. I just giggled as I walked up to him, him not noticed I was in the room.

“Let me get that.” I said reaching for the straightener, I must have startled him since he jumped a little when I spoke. He didn’t say anything as he let me take over.
“Is something bothering you?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.
“Just got a lot on my mind…new record and things like that.” He replied not taking his eyes off of the image staring back at him in the mirror. I knew it was something more but I wasn’t going to keep asking if he didn’t wanna talk about it.
“The record will be great, both you and I know that. Just don’t let it get to ya that bad.” I said fixing his last section of hair. He stood up and faced me. I stood in front of him and fixed his t-shirt. I smiled at him but we didn’t say a word.

After a couple moments, I decided to leave and see what the other guys were up to. As I was walking out the door, I passed Patrick. I just smiled at him and continued walking.

-Patrick’s POV-

I decided to go see what Pete was up to before I started warming up. I started walking towards the dressing room assuming he was working on his damn hair. As I was walked into the room, Katie was walking out. She just smiled meekly at me and kept on walking. I walked in and shut the door and saw Pete just standing there.

“It’s Katie isn’t it? You haven’t told her have you?” I said as Pete just looked over at me and sighed.
“Is it that noticeable?” He asked sitting down.
“To us, yes. To her, obviously not.” I walked over to the couch and sat down.
“I just don’t know what to do. I’m not trying to ruin our friendship. That’s the most important thing to me. She’s helped me more than I could have ever imagined.” Pete said running his fingers through his hair.
“Ya, dude this is a tough situation. I wish I could help you out more.” I sighed as I got up. I need to go warm up.
“Yea, I guess it’s just something I’m gonna have to deal with myself. I mean it’s not that big of a deal.” He said trying to convince himself.
“Ok man, I’ll be warming up if you need me.” And with that, I got up and walked towards the door.

-After the show-

Pete’s POV

Anytime something is bothering me, I take it out on stage. It’s my outlet and I don’t think about anything other than the music. We ended our show and headed backstage and standing there, like always, to greet us and tell us how great we were was Katie. She never failed to compliment us. She has never told us that we had a bad show even if we knew we did. I was the first one she came up to and hugged. I just took in her smell, it was intoxicating to me.

“Pete, you were great. Best I’ve seen in a while.” Katie said still hugging me. She then kissed my cheek even though I was drenched in sweat.
“Thanks.” Was all I said. She then went on to the others.

Over the past few months that we’ve all gotten close, Katie and I have gotten the closest. She’s most comfortable around me and me her. But I couldn’t help but to develop feelings for her along the way. I always noticed her at her father’s office but never had the guts to say anything. Patrick thinks I should tell her but I don’t know if she feels the same for me.

She then snapped me out of my thoughts and handed me a bottle of water.

“So what are we doing tonight?” She said taking a drink of her Starbucks.
“Anything you want. It doesn’t matter to me.” I said wiping off my face and neck with a towel.
“Can we just stay in tonight and watch movies?” She said pouting out her bottom lip.
“You know I’d never say no to you.” I smiled.
“Thanks. I’ll meet you at your place.” She hugged me goodbye and was gone.

I hung around a little bit longer than expected. The guys and I went out and signed what seemed like thousands of autographs as we were trying to leave, but we didn’t mind. We loved our fans so we feel as though we owe it to them. We played in LA tonight and so it was nice being able to go back to my own place after a show. I pulled up and headed up to my place when I heard our new material being played through the door. I just smiled to myself and walked in to find Katie asleep on the couch in my clothes. I walked into the kitchen and noticed she had gotten me a caramel macchiato from Starbucks, my favourite drink. She was so thoughtful like that. I went over to her and picked her up as she stirred. I walked to my bedroom and laid her down on my bed. I kissed her forehead and started out the room.

“Goodnight Peterpan.” Katie said as I walked out.
“Goodnight Katie. Remember, second star to the right…”
“and straight on til morning…” She finished as I shut the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story