Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'll scream your name until my lungs bleed

Calm before the storm

by thnks4thmmrs03 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-17 - Updated: 2007-12-17 - 1326 words

0Unrated
Pete’s POV

Don’t ask me why I stopped it. Because I don’t know myself. I mean, it was exactly what I had been waiting for for so long. My mind was everywhere I didn’t want it to be. After Katie ran out, I sat there for about an hour waiting for her to come back and when she didn’t, I decided to leave to go think about what I wanted.

The next morning, I still hadn’t heard from Katie. That really told me that she was mad. Now, within the 8 or 9 months since I’ve known her, I’ve screwed up twice. So much for me ever being with her more than friends.

Instead of trying to call her again, I decided to go to her house and talk to her. I had to tell her how I really felt. I had to tell her that I’ve loved her from the start. I called and got a taxi and had them drop me off right in front of Katie’s moms’ house. I took a deep breath and got ready to tell her. I walked up and knocked on the front door and Marsha, Katie’s mom, answered looking slightly depressed.

“Hi, Marsha, can I talk to Katie please?” I asked.
“I’m sorry Peter, she’s not here.” She said not smiling once.
“Do you know when she’s going to be home, I need to talk to her.”
“Oh, I mean she left and went back home to California. She left me a note at about 4 in the morning. She just said that her anxiety was acting up and she couldn’t be here any longer.” My stomach started to hurt.
“Oh, ok. I’m sorry for bothering you then. I’ll come visit before we leave again.” I said as I dropped my head and left. She left without saying good-bye.

‘Just like Katie, running from her problems.’ I couldn’t help but be bitter that she left without saying bye.

5 weeks later

Katie’s POV

It had been a while since I left the boys…especially Pete. I really didn’t talk to any of them either. I still lived at Pete’s place and I liked being there by myself. The guys were going to be coming home today and I knew that. I didn’t know what time or any of the details so I guess it would be a surprise when Pete popped in.

Tonight was going to be different though. Pete was coming home but I was going out…on a date. After he denied me for the second time, I decided to give up. Well to everyone else it seemed that way but I knew I would never be able to get over him. Whenever I saw him on t.v. or heard him on the radio, my heart still skipped a beat and I hated him for the fact that he could still do that to me. But I must admit that I was putting on a good front that I just didn’t care.

I had a date tonight. I had sporadically gone on dates the past few weeks. Not anyone special, just guys to try to keep my mind off Pete. Tonight I was going out with a guy named Jake, it was going to be our second date. He was nice and extremely attractive. He was a little taller than I was and had dark hair and tanned skin. He was toned but not extremely buff. But most of all, a complete gentleman. Nothing that I shouldn’t like but he just wasn’t Pete.

It was going on 7pm and I was in the bathroom with the door open getting ready. I was just in my towel and had my music pretty loud so I couldn’t hear if anyone came through the door. I was blow drying my hair when I noticed the living room light flicked on. My heart literally skipped a beat, I knew who it was. I had to act normal and like he didn’t get to me at all. I continued doing what I was doing and noticed a shadow that was walking towards the bathroom. The figure stopped in the doorway and I was looking in the mirror and saw his reflection. A little smile crept over my lips as I looked at him.

“Welcome home.” I said going over and hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.
“It’s good to be home, glad to see you still live here.” He said hugging me back.

I continued getting ready as we talked about the rest of the tour and how things went. Neither of us brought up what happened the night I left. We were good at not bringing up issues we didn’t want to talk about. I straightened my hair and put on my make up and walked into my room to get dressed with Pete in tow. I wasn’t bothered by him being in the room while I changed since he’s seen me almost naked anyway. He realized that I was about to change and changed the subject.

“I’ll leave while you change, I’ll be in…”
“Pete, I don’t care. You’ve seen me almost naked anyway, continue on.” I cut him off and caught him off guard by the comment. He did what I said and continued with his stories.

I picked out just a simple pair of jeans with my white heels and my white tank top. It was summer so I wanted to show off my tan by wearing white. Plus, Pete’s told me he loves me in that outfit. I dropped my towel and heard him stutter but regain his composure. I just lightly smiled. I slipped on a thong and then my jeans. I put on my white push-up bra and my tank top went on over that. I slipped on my heels and put on some jewellery to finish it off. He then realized what I was doing.

“Wait. Are you going somewhere?” As soon as he said that the doorbell rang.
“Ya, I have a date.” I replied walking into the living room and opened the door after noticing Pete’s eyes got big.

I opened the door to see Jake looking stunning. He was dressed in a pair of jeans with a button down black pinstriped shirt with a black shirt under that. He was clean shaven and his hair was gelled. I smiled at him and told him to come in. Then Jake noticed Pete was there and extended his hand.

“Hey man, you must be Pete. I’ve heard a lot about you.” Jake said as Pete shook his hand.
“Hey.” Pete said coldly and I felt the awkwardness.
“Ok well, we’re just going to go get dinner and have a few drinks, then I’ll be back.” I said as I hugged Pete as he half ass hugged me.

Jake and I had been out for about 3 and a half hours and I decided to go home since Pete did just get back and I’m supposed to be one of his best friends. Jake understood and took me home. I walked into our house and looked around and didn’t find him anywhere. Then it hit me. I remembered the one place he always went in the apartment when he needed to think. And that’s exactly where he was, the balcony. I slid open the door and took a seat right next to him and we just sat there in silence for about 20 minutes.

“I’m really glad you’re home. I missed you.” I said breaking the silence. He just looked over at me and smiled.
“I’ll be inside if you need me.” I said getting up and going back inside.
Sign up to rate and review this story