Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My new life

My new life

by Rosethorne 3 reviews

I hate summeries

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-12-14 - Updated: 2007-12-15 - 3117 words

0Unrated
Your parents are dead. That’s how the cop had said it. No sugar coating just the plain out truth. Died in a car crash. They had been hit by a drunken driver. You know, I had always heard from the news that a person was hit by a car every day. More than that even. But I had never really cared too much until today. When the cop came by the house and told me and my three year old brother that our parents were dead.
Now I was packing up our stuff so we could go live at an orphanage because apparently our living family members didn’t want us. Except my grandmother, but she lived in a nursing home. Frankly though, I could have cared less that we were moving to an orphanage. My only concern was my little brother. He was only three! And already he was going to an orphanage after his parents died.
I grabbed my suitcase and Wesleys and headed out the door. He was asleep on the couch so I handed the suitcases to the man waiting to take us to the orphanage and sat on the couch next to him. Hey Wes, honey wake up. He didn’t stir though. I sighed and picked him up gently. With him resting his head on my shoulder I turned back to the man in the suite. Were all ready. I whispered. He nodded and motioned for me to exit the house.
We got into the car and started driving. Even though it was illegal Wes was in my lap. I just couldn’t let him go. It’s kinda funny though. Right when I think my life can’t get worse, it does. I mean I only had one friend. His name was martin. He was really emo and really nice.
He was cute, really cute. He had dark grey eyes that were mystifying and always changed colors, as grey eyes often do. When he was mad they turned a dark grey, almost black. When he was happy they turned a light green grey. When he was sad or depressed they turned blue grey. He had a dark tan because he had lived in Texas before he had lived in Illinois. He was skilled in soccer, like me, and was absolutely against the killing of animals. He, like me, was a vegetarian. And he, unlike me, was muscular. His hair was chocolate brown and his teeth looked like they were made of paper. That is exactly how white they were.
He was probably the only thing I was going to miss about Wilmette. I still hadn’t even told him that my parents were dead. That would be hard, but like everything else, I would deal with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat with Wesley writing down what would be sent to the people who were looking to adopt. I wrote this for Wes since he couldn’t write yet

Wesley Young: hi! Im three years old. I am the sweetest most obedient boy in the world. Honest I am. I am loving and I learn real fast. If you adopt me I promise you wont be sorry!

I knew it was short but how much did they expect a three year old to write? I wrote this for myself.

Mercedes Young: Im thirteen years old and everyone calls me mercy. I hate the name Mercedes, but would you like to have the same name as a car? Im sarcastic and a bit of a loner. I wont go anywhere without my baby brother. Wesley is my world and I am begging people to see that he is all I have left in the world. I am not going anywhere with out him, please don’t even try and make me. I like punk/emo music and I wouldn’t hate it if I had to stay in Wilmette. I have lived here all my life and my best friend in the whole world lives here. I am smart and I make excellent grades and I always do what I am asked. I don’t do good under pressure and I love to read.

I hoped that was good enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had been adopted. It has been officially two weeks since I was forced into this hell whole and I had been adopted. The best part was the fact that Wes was coming with me. Another awesome thing, I was going to live with a family in Wilmette.
Mercy! Wes giggled as I tickled him. My name or do you give up? I asked laughing. Both! he squealed childishly. I laughed and hugged him to me. We are going to a new family sweetie, I told him softly. Wha about mommy and dada? he asked. Mommy and daddy are in heaven sweetie. I whispered. I mean how would you break it to your three year old brother that he was never ever going to see his parents again? You cant!
I sat on the bed and motioned for him to climb onto my back. He did so and I ran him down the stairs where our new family was waiting. I didn’t know anything about them. When the people came to me telling me I was adopted and asked if I wanted to see about the family I said I didn’t care as long as my baby brother came too. And he was so I didn’t care.
I ran down the stairs with him still on our back and was met with 3 people. The couple adopting us, and the owner. The parents looked nice enough. They had a homey look to them. I switched Wesley from my back to my front and hugged him tight against my chest. Mercedes young? This is Mr. and Mrs. Wentz.
Its mercy. I said automatically. Whatever. The man replied. They have signed the papers so these are your new temporary parents until our 6 month check up. He said a lot of other things I wasn’t listening to as something clicked in. Mr. and Mrs. Wentz? As in Pete wentz from fall out boys parents? No. possible. Effing. Way.
He finished and we left in silence. I got into a convertible with them and it was then when I couldn’t wait any longer to ask is Pete wentz your son? Wesley snuggled up beside me as Mrs. Wentz laughed. So you have heard of our son? I nodded.
Thats actually why we adopted you. We miss Pete we wanted someone to take care of again. And you and your brother just seemed perfect. She stated. You will have the room next to his. And if you like his band you get free cds. Hes also coming home from tour in two day. We thought that would be perfect timing to tell him the news. Mr. Wentz added.
I dont know if they told you, but my parents funeral if tomorrow. I said quietly. Mrs. Wentz shook her head they didnt tell us that. Of course you can go to it. I nodded, thankful. When we pulled up to the house, and the gates opened, I gasped. The house was enormous. It was my old house times like 4. Wes tugged at my shirt sissy we get to live in a castle!!!!! he squealed. We all shared a laugh and I rustled his hair. Ya honey, we are.
Your rooms by the way are attached. We had this added for you, Mr. Wentz said. Thank you. I said with gratitude. They showed us to our rooms, told us to find them if they were needed, and left us alone. For this, I now loved them. Most people would have stayed with us and watched over us like a couple of guard dogs.
I walked into my room and squealed in joy. My room was huge!!!!!! I had a queen sized bed that had black sheets and a cerulean comforter. A huge TV and sound system, and on the desk in the corner sat an apple laptop. An orange one. I had a closet big enough to put my bed in and a balcony that led to the world outside.
I walked Wesley into his room and everything was a light blue. He too had a queen sized bed and almost everything I had, except the laptop and balcony. The only difference was that everything was a light blue. This is all yours, I whispered setting him down. He jumped up onto the bed. I think I am going to take a nap, could you sing me a song? he asked me. I nodded and set him down on the bed. I settled him in, tucking in the sheets around him and sang him the song I always did.
Hush baby boy, please dont cry
Everything will be okay in the morning
Right now the world seems grey but dont worry
Because tomorrow the sun will be nice and happy
It will shine just for you
My sweet little brother
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
So dont cry for me
And you will see
That the world will be
Better
In the morning
I smiled down at his unconscious brother and kissed his forehead. I crept out of his room and smiled again at his sleeping brother before quietly closing the door. I didnt feel like unpacking now so I went straight to the laptop and download and logged into aim. My screen name was x2lovexisx2diex. And guess who was online with me. None other than martin.

Deadly9258: WHERE THE F_UCK HAVE YOU BEEN MERCEDES ABIGAIL YOUNG?
X2loveXisX2dieX: my parents are dead. Now im living with peter wentz family...
Deadly9258: f_uck are you serious?
X2loveXisX2dieX: ya the funeral is tomorrow if you want to come to it.
Deadly9258: I will so be there. Wait a second did you say you were living with Pete wentz family? That is totally f_ucking awesome
X2loveXisX2dieX: do you have to drop the f bomb every time you im me back? Swearing is sovulgar.
Deadly9258: psh bull sh_it I do not swear every im
X2loveXisX2die: now you are just doing it to piss me off glares at computer screen
Deadly9258: haha you know I love your little ass. Hey I have to go okay? Moms is screaming.
X2loveXisX2dieX: ok bye I love you mar-bear
Deadly9258: didnt I tell you not to call me that?
X2loveXisX2dieX: didnt I tell you not to swear?
After he signed off I unpacked my stuff. Then I went into Wesleys room and snuggled up into the covers next to him. I just couldnt sleep alone tonight. Not the night before our parents funeral.
Tonight was the first dreamless night I had had since my parents funeral. When I woke up, I felt refreshed. I checked the clock and it read eight thirty. The funeral was a eleven. I woke Wesley and told him that he had to take a bath. He jumped up and ran into the bathroom he had inside of his room. I quickly bathed him and laid his clothes on his bed as I myself took a five minute shower. When I got out I dressed myself in all white as it, unlike black, was the true color of death because my parents were going to heaven, not hell. I was wearing the one of two dresses I had in my closet. This one was the one my mother had bought me for Easter one year that I had refused to wear. It had hurt her but she was okay again once she bought me a black dress that I absolutely loved.
It was a simple white number and now I loved it. Wesley came out of his room in a white tux. I hugged him once and then walked slowly downstairs. He followed me like a lost puppy. When I entered the kitchen Mrs. Wentz was setting two plates of food onto the counter and Mr. Wentz was reading a newspaper. Oh there you two are. I was just about to go get you. Mercedes, Wes, you can eat and then we can go.
Um could you call me Mercy? I asked her as politely as I could. She nodded and motioned for me to sit down and eat. We did so and after every bite I felt like eating slower and slower. I was done soon so we cleaned up and headed to the funeral home.
I got up to make a speech. It had taken me three weeks to write this and I thought it was pretty good. For something I had written that is. I stood and unwrapped Wes from my waist. I breathed in and out as I walked up to the stand.
Today we grieve for my mother and my father, but I have to say that my brother and I will miss them to the end of the world. My mom and dad were the best people in the world. They loved me and Wes like there was no tomorrow. And they were the nicest people you could ever meet. They attended church every Sunday, and gave to charity and took great care of us. So I have to ask myself: why them?
They didnt die because it was there time to go. They died because one woman had the nerve to break the law. And because of this one womans mistake, my parents are gone from the world for good. And its true what they say: you dont know what youve got till its gone. And its true because I now instead of waking up every morning wondering what my mom is making for breakfast I wake up wondering when the nightmares I keep having are going to end. I know my parents were great people and I just wish they could still be living, because I am going to miss them until the day I die.
I finished my speech and sat back down. Apparently, it had brought tears to almost everyones eyes. I hugged Wes close to my chest until it was all over. He was bawling but I just couldnt cry. It was like the fact that my parents were dead hadnt set in yet.
Mercy! martin yelled as he tried to get my attention. I was standing in front of my parents grave now. I turned around and jumped on him. He gave me a bone crunching hug. I am so sorry, he whispered into my ear kissing the top of my head. It will be okay.
I know it will mar-bear. He pulled back you do know the only reason I am letting you get away with that is because today is your parents funeral right? he asked less talking more hugging, I said and pulled him back to me. I knew he was smiling at that moment. Martin had always said that I was the only one who could make him smile.
Finally, he set me back on the ground when Mrs. Wentz found us. Oh mercy honey, who is this? Your boyfriend? I slung an arm around martins shoulder and said no way Mrs. Wentz this is my best friend in the whole wide world. She looked at us both for a few seconds then she said your brother is in the car with peter he was starting to get very emotionalwere gonna drop you two at the house so we can go sort things out with the lawyers. Is that okay with you? I nodded slowly and looked back at martin is there any way martin can come with us and spend the day at the house? I could really use a friend today, I murmured. She nodded of course dear, she said automatically I should have thought about something like that. Well we should be going. She motioned for us to come with her and I looked at martin as if asking him if he could come over. He smiled and nodded and I hugged him once more before following Mrs. Wentz.
In the car, Wesley was a mess. He was crying so hard he was hiccupping. I felt terrible for leaving him alone to say my goodbye at their graves. I wanted him to sleep so I started to sing his lullaby.
Hush baby boy, please dont cry
Everything will be okay in the morning
Right now the world seems grey but dont worry
Because tomorrow the sun will be nice and happy
It will shine just for you
My sweet little brother
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
So dont cry for me
And you will see
That the world will be
Better
In the morning
When I finished singing I smiled. He was now sound asleep in my lap. I wiped away the tears soaking his tiny face. Wow mercy your singing is fantastic. Mr. Wentz stated as we pulled up the driveway. Thank you sir but im not really that good. I told him shaking my head. I realized that I had just sang in front of everyone. I only sang to Wesley, never in front of people. The next thing I realized was that my face was as hot as the sun, meaning I was a tomato face at the moment.
I got out of the car as soon as it came to a stop with Wesley. Martin followed suite and we waved goodbye to my new parents. I told martin to wait downstairs and then I carried Wes up the stairs and put him into bed. When I came back downstairs martin, like he usually did, was raiding the fridge. You dork you couldnt wait for me?
A guy has got to eat sweetheart. He replied in this gay voice. Psh you can eat what you want but im gonna call my two best friends Ben and jerry and we are gonna party. I started dancing towards the fridge in this really gay way, of course making martin crack up. I smiled widely and swiped the Ben and jerrys ice cream from the fridge. Soon we were sitting at the counter sharing a huge container of ice cream.
So you are gonna go to the same school right? he asked because you are like the only person there that can put up with me.
Ya and youre the only guy there that will sit with me as we paint our nails and talk about our feelings. I laughed. He feigned anger and playfully glared at me. Then the front door slammed.
Sign up to rate and review this story