Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Tall, Dark, and Tattooed

Part Six

by killertrend 4 reviews

Part Two of Harper and Pete's date.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-20 - Updated: 2007-12-20 - 465 words

0Unrated
A.N. - Yay, holiday break is finally here! Hopefully I will be able to get more writing done, and will be able to update this more often! Thanks to all the readers/reviewers.


The drive to Harper's was a silent one, anxiety beginning to hum through the air waves. Pete's white-knuckled grip on the steering wheel did not escape her notice, though his mouth was set in a calm grin. Harper herself was beginning to panic. She had no idea what to do once they reached her apartment. She had no idea what he thought she planning. Pete was famous, a good-looking man in an award-winning band.

Scratch that, she knew exactly what he was expecting.


"Well, looks like Emmie's gone for the night." Harper observed, peeling a Post-It off the refrigerator. "I guess--"

She paused as two toned arms wrapped around her thin waist and a warm voice murmured in her ear,

"I guess we have the place to ourselves."

She could feel her knees weakening in response to such a foreign feeling. She closed her kohl-lined eyes briefly as Pete spun her around to face him.

She sensed his breath fleetingly on her neck before he whispered to her again,

"What do you suggest we do?"

Harper's heart was racing, rejoicing at Pete's touch, flustered at the implications of his words.

"I don't know..." her voice was soft, none of her momentary boldness to back it up.

Pete smiled, kindness and tenderness radiating from the simple gesture. He leaned forward, his spicy cologne wrapping around Harper in a pleasant, if slightly hypnotic, veil. She could feel rather than see what was coming, and her electrically charged body yearned for the contact.

Lips touched hers delicately, her breath became, if possible, even more ragged. A hand moved behind her neck, as another rested on her hip. She placed her hands carefully on his shoulders, head tilted to the side.

Pete tried to control all the thoughts rushing across his mind, a blur of colors and sounds and memories. He tried to focus on the girl in his arms, with her pretty pink lips on his, her small hands tracing circles on his shoulders. This was the here and now, this was where he needed to be.

Harper's heart flew towards the ceiling, too easily engulfed in such wonderful feelings. Was it wrong to think towards a future with this boy? This boy who was standing in her kitchen, kissing her like she had never been kissed, making her feel all kinds of things she never thought she would? She was falling, quickly and thoughtlessly and hopelessly into an unfamiliar, exotic emotion.

It was never really about not knowing his game. But more like trying to ignore the fact that he was playing it.
Sign up to rate and review this story