Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 22: Take Your Taste Back

by VikkiMole 5 reviews

He was interupted by a girl screaming, ‘Don’t you dare tell him Frank.. I will kill you…’

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-20 - Updated: 2007-12-20 - 1273 words

0Unrated
After talking about nothing and everything, ranging from the scientific truths in Star Wars to Patrick’s theory on which Prince album was the best, both subjects I contributed very little to, Patrick pointed upstairs and smiled.

‘Bathroom’ He said, waving at me and Joe

‘Take your time…’ Joe whispered, mysteriously, making me cock my eyebrow up

The second me and Joe were alone, Joe glided, like he was floating rather than walking and hovered his lips next to my ears. I shuddered and considered giving him a good hard kick in the balls.

‘I have…’ He started, and I was dreading where this was going, ‘…a plan’

‘Get…off…’ I hissed, deadly serious, ‘He’s upstairs… He can’t hear you… stupid…’

Joe retreated but still remained fairly close, leaning over me and grinning like he had some terrible secret brewing up. I sighed and shook my head. He continued sitting there as if waiting for something. I stared blankly at him.

‘Well…?’ He asked, waving his hands

‘Well…What?’ I repeated, scratching my head

‘Aren’t you gonna ask about my plan?’ He pouted, arms crossed

Repressing the urge to hit him, I turned an open palm to him, signaling for him to continue.

‘Right…’ He took a deep breath and quickly looked around, as if expecting Patrick to be hiding somewhere in the room, ‘Patrick… Party… Here… Tonight’

‘Ohhh’ I nodded, smiling, ‘Awesome plan. What you got planned music wise?’

‘Pardon?’ He asked, confused

‘You know..’ Of course he didn’t know, ‘What band you going to get playing?’

‘Us?’ Joe questioned, like he thought that it was a good idea

‘Let me repeat this…’ I cleared my throat, ‘I have been playing with you guys for a total of one day, I don’t know any of the songs you play and not to mention it’s Patrick’s birthday and you still want him to play at his own party?’

There was a short pause of Joe having to think about that one. I slapped the back of his head.

‘The correct answer would be no!’ I yell, causing a lightbulb to switch on in my brain, I clicked my fingers

‘What?’ Joe inquired, knowing I had a genius idea ready

‘Patrick likes Pencey Prep right?’ I smile, already aware that, hell yeah he does

‘Yeah… Why?’ He tilted his head to the side

‘Well.. I just so happen to know the lead singer..’ I pull my sidekick out of my pocket and head towards the stairs

I climbed the stairs and passed Patrick in the kitchen. He stopped and grabbed my arm.

‘Where you going?’ Patrick asked

‘Outside…’ I smile, waving my cell at him, ‘Phone call’

He nodded and tapped my back on his exit. Not long later, I heard him and Joe laughing about this and that. I looked down my addressbook and found Frank’s number. I waited impatiently for it to ring and exhaled slowly. Frank picked up on the ninth ring.

‘Where have you been?’ I laugh down the phone, ‘Jesus, nine rings? What’s more important than answering the phone to talk to your best friend, man?’

‘FYI’ He hooted back, I could hear a girl talking in the background, ‘I was…’

He was interupted by a girl screaming, ‘Don’t you dare tell him Frank.. I will kill you…’

‘Nevermind…’ Frank snorted, ‘So, any reason why you called or… just want a heart to heart?’

‘Funny’ I kicked at the grass in Joe’s garden, ‘Listen… What are you doing tonight?’

‘Why? Are you asking me on a date? Cause I’m already with someone..’ He answered, causing the girl to giggle

‘Frank...’ I growl

‘Alright, alright…’ He mumbled, ‘Nothing… Why?’

‘Any chance you and Pencey can play tonight?’ I ask, fingers crossed

‘Actually…’ He seemed a little upset, ‘Pencey’s over, man.’

‘Damn…’ I sigh, ‘I don’t want to be the one telling Patrick that..’

‘But hey..’ He perked up, ‘If you’re not too set on Pencey Prep I’m in a new band..’

‘Really?’ I questioned, feeling relieved

‘Uh huh..’ He retorted

I pretended that I didn’t hear Taylor in the background saying, ‘Hang up and come here..’ in a husky voice. Actually, I wished I didn’t hear that.

‘Well, I suppose we could play…’ He said, sounding distracted, like I needed to ask why, ‘Just tell me the address quickly and I’ll…be there…ahh…round seven..’

I swear, I have never spoken so quickly in my whole damn life. My closing statement sounded something like, ‘Kaythanksbye!’ and I hung up, throwing the cell back into my pocket. I shivered.

Offically scarred for life, I head back towards the house, but stop before reaching the front door. There was someone else I could invite. Sort of a thank you, for helping me these passed couple of days. The number floating in the back of my head, I pulled out my cell and began to dial. Luckily, the person on the other end was quicker on the draw than Frank.

‘Hello, Glenview General Hospital’ The voice chimed, with a hint of boredom

‘Hello’ I answered, ‘Can I please speak to Nurse Rebecca Sanger please?’

‘Connecting to ward six, hold please’ She replied, followed by a terrible instramental version of ‘Natural Woman’

I’m ashamed to say that I sang along. Loud and out of tune. People along the street were staring but I didn’t care. Even Joe’s mom was watching from the window, head tilted, looking at me as if I was crazy. I couldn’t stop. Just as my favourite part was coming up, the hold music disappeared, but still I couldn’t stop.

‘You make me feel like a natural…woman…’ I slowed, realizing that now the person on the other end could hear me

‘Pete?’ Nurse Sanger asked, trying not to laugh

‘Uhh.. Hey’ I answered, embarrassed

She couldn’t hold it in much longer. Trying to take a deep breath she exploded in a fit of crazy giggles, causing all the blood in my body to rush to my cheeks.

‘Jesus…’ She snorted, ‘Let’s… hope… you… didn’t sing… that song… of yours to Patrick… He’d run… away.. for sure…’

‘Shut up’ I hissed jokingly, ‘Okay, okay… Stop laughing’

‘Sorry…’ She calmed down a little, still letting out small, amused squeaks from time to time, ‘What’s up brah?

‘Pardon me?’ I enquire, eyebrow raised

‘Hows it?’ She tried again, I still didn’t understand

‘Meaning?’ I ask, still confused

‘What… are… you…calling …for?’ She slowed it down, breaking each word up for me like I was a complete moron

‘Okay, Captain Condescending,’ I sigh, ‘Just because I wasn’t raised in the ‘hood’ doesn’t mean you get to make fun of me. Anyway, there’s a party tonight for Patrick’s birthday and I was wondering if you wanted to come seeing as it’s your fault I’m alive and ...stuff’

‘Awww! Are you trying to say ‘thank you’ ?’ She said, in a stupid baby voice

‘Yes, yes’ I rolled my eyes, ‘So, Party. C’est Oui?’

‘Si’ She piped, ‘I don’t really get out as much as I want...’

‘So... Joe’s house... Around seven’ I say, about to hang up

‘Hey wait!’ She calls

‘What?’ I ask

‘I don’t know where Joe lives’ She laughed, I slapped myself on the head

‘Sorry...’ I gave her the address and on returning the phone to my pocket once more, I did my victory dance.

Tonight is going to rock.
Sign up to rate and review this story