Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life On Life's Terms

Life On Life's Terms

by theblondeone0828 2 reviews

You'll be surprised who you meet in the most tragic places. Or, is it? Patrick story. Read & Review, please.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-17 - Updated: 2007-12-17 - 1137 words

0Unrated
It was an early Monday afternoon at Oak Ridge Hospital in the windy city of Chicago, Illinois. The date was February 5th, 2007, and it was your typical day at the hospital.

There were people complaining about waiting, people wondering their loved ones were, and people that were just wondering where in the hell they were. In this place, you could lose yourself in about .05 seconds. There were twists and turns and stairs going up and stairs going down. Where you end up, nobody knows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexis Callerno, a twenty six year old registered nurse, sat at the desk of the emergency section of the hospital. She was typing away on her computer, every so often stopping to rub her hand on her head. She loved her job, very much so in fact, but there’s so much commotion, people running around, kids screaming, doors slamming, that it’s all bound to give you a headache once in a while.

Alexis, or Lexi as she preferred to be called, had always dreamed of being a nurse. She loved taking care of people. She always just wanted to help, no matter what.

She also wanted the perfect boy. The boy that would hold her close, that would whisper sweet things in her ear, that would wipe her tears when she cried.

She thought she found that boy.

Lexi had been dating her, now ex-boyfriend, Mark, for about two years. They met in college, and became good friends. It took a few years for one of them to finally step up and initiate some kind of move, but when they finally did, they thought they had it all.

Unfortunately, they didn’t.

Mark knew that Lexi wanted to be a nurse. She wouldn’t let anybody, anything, or any type of problem get in her way.

Mark wanted to be a lawyer, following in his father and older brother’s footsteps.
There was no stopping him, either.

Lexi thought that once Mark finished school, he would work with his father and brother, but no.
Mark took off.
He wanted to start his own business in Seattle.

Lexi was crushed.
Yeah, the break-up was mutual, but all her hopes and dreams of being the perfect couple were gone. She was heartbroken. She thought he was the one.

Mark had been gone for almost a year now. Lexi had gotten used to it, but every once in a while, she still reaches her arm over to the other side of the bed when she wakes up, expecting Mark there.
She was a tough girl, her mom would always tell her. She went for all her dreams, no matter how big or how small.

Lexi was persistent. When she said she would do something, she would do it.

Lexi’s mom had been such an influence. She raised Lexi to be a strong, young woman, and she couldn’t have asked for anything more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A slight buzz startled Lexi as she looked down at the Nurse’s call.

She smiled as she realized who had paged for a nurse.
Room #516. Patrick Stump.

Patrick was without a doubt, her favorite patient.
Patrick had been here for about a week now.
He had gotten into a very, very bad car accident. A patch of black ice was the cause. Patrick had lost control of the car, and it fell into a very large ditch, head first.
He was incredibly lucky he wasn’t paralyzed in any way.
Much less that he’s even alive.

Yeah, Lexi knew he was in a band, a very well known band at that, but he had a great personality.
He could make her laugh, something that Lexi is really big on.
She loves guys that could make her laugh.
It seemed like they care enough about her that they would want to make her laugh. She loved it.

Lexi got out of her chair and walked down the hallway to Patrick’s room.

“Good afternoon, sleepyhead,” Lexi greeted, walking into the room.
It was fairly big.

“Is it really that late? I didn’t think I slept for that long,” Patrick chuckled.

“It’s about 12:30.”

“Oh wow. That’s the longest I’ve slept since I’ve been here.”

“That’s a good thing!” Patrick nodded. “How are you feeling?”

“Better. Good, actually. I can move a little without pain shooting up everywhere.” He answered, pleased that he could actually be honest about not having much pain.

“I’m very glad to hear that.” Lexi walked to the front of Patrick’s bed, picking up the clipboard from its slot. She scanned it and spoke up. “Looks like you might be out of here sooner than you think.” Patrick looked at her, confused.

“You could be out of here in three days.” Patrick smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those three days passed, and just as Lexi predicted, Patrick was to be released that day.

Pete was coming to pick Patrick up at 11:30 that morning.

Patrick was up and moving around his room, finally able to get things and go places for himself. He was glad to be able to get up and go to the bathroom by himself again.

It was 11:00 and Patrick currently lay on his bed watching the news.

Lexi came in with a bright smile on her face, but behind the smile was a very big frown.

“Happy release day!”

She was happy that Patrick was able to go home, really, she was. But she was going to miss him.

She loved the way he could hold a conversation and make you seem like you’re worth his time. He was gentle and kind and knew how to treat a woman.

Lexi heard his stories about past girlfriends, and it blew her mind to think that these girls could treat him so horribly. He didn’t deserve it.

“Thanks.” He smiled.

“Got everything ready to go?” Lexi asked, looking around the room.

“Yep, I got all my stuff from the bathroom and all my clothes.”

Just as Lexi was going to reply, a shrilling beeping noise came from her right side. She was being paged, and it was an emergency. Patrick looked at her.

“I’ll be back when Pete gets here.” Lexi said, jogging out of the room.

Patrick lay farther back into the bed and shut the TV off.

Patrick didn’t know why, but he wasn’t as excited to be leaving as he thought he would be.

No, that’s a lie. He did know why.

Because of Lexi.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N 2 – Gahhhh. I’m sorry if that was really crappy. I haven’t written in quite a while. This idea came to me randomly one day while I was sitting in history class. I would love for you guys to review. :] Thanks.

-Marissa
Sign up to rate and review this story