Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Just Let Go of Her.

by favoritexloser 2 reviews

A little sweet one-shot to steal time. Maybe I'll add more chapters. Depends if you guys like it or not.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-12-25 - Updated: 2007-12-26 - 641 words

0Unrated
"It's been long." He said, taking a seat right across me at a little coffe shop.
"Very long. I kind of missed you." I shyly smiled. He smirked.
"Yeah, so, you called me here. What's up?" I said erasing my smile.
"I don't know. Just wanted to see you. See how are you doing. Yeah, just catch up with you." He said, playing with a little sugar packet that sat on the table.
"Um, well, things didn't change. I'm still here in Jersey, I got a really great job, and just bought a pretty sweet home. Nothing much." I replied, staring at the sugar packet he was playng with.
"Mmhmm.." He mumbled, not looking up.
"What about you? Oh, I just heard that you got married." I said taking a little sip from my tea. That little thought still made my stomach churn. Gerard quickly looked up with wide eyes, just as if he saw someone being murdered.
"Where did you hear that?" He asked.
"Mikey hit me up with the news. You know, at least someone still spoke to me. So how's the new Mrs.Way?" I said trying to hide the deepest disappointment that burned inside my stomach.
"Well, um, she's okay." He said looking away.
"Okay? Just okay? Isn't she like awesome or great or something?" I teased.
"Yeah, yeah. Awesome." Gerard was looking away, his voice distracted.
"Gerard, are you okay?" I reached over to lightly touch his hand. He quickly turned to me, and I pulled away.
"Sorry, yeah I'm fine. Just lost my trail of thought there. Uh..Yeah, Lyn-Z's just great. We got married a few weeks ago, backstage, in Denver."
"That's nice." I smiled. It was so hard to fake it. I'm pretty sure he could see it in my eyes.
"Yeah. It is. So, what about you? You got anyone special?" He asked.
"Uh..no..I'm single right now. I can't seem to focus on work if I've got a man wanting all my time." I chuckled. He smiled. For a few minutes, silence came over us. He was staring at me, while I stared down at my cup of tea.
"What went wrong?" He finally spoke.
"What went wrong for what?" I asked, confused.
"Us. What went wrong?" He replied.
"Us?"
"Yes, us. What happened? Why did we just suddenly stop all connections?"
"I'm really not sure why." I shrugged.
"Maddie." Gerard said bearing his eyes into mine.
"How was I supposed to know? You were the one who left Jersey. You left your family. You left your friends. You left me." I slowly turned away.
"Maddie, you don't understand." His voice was pleading.
"Yes, Gerard. I do. I always had to. I had to understand that it was for your good, it was your lifelong dream, that chances like these don't come everyday. Gerard, the day you told me you were leaving Jersey for a couple of months, I was devastated. But at the same time, I had a feeling you were going to come back to me. But you never did, did you? You came back, but you never bothered to call me up. Luckily, you've got a hell of a brother there. Someone who'd actually speak to me." Tears were already swelling up in my eyes.
"I was busy." He said.
"Sure, and you expect me to understand that, too, don't you?" I quickly got up from my seat, and walked away from that coffee shop.
"Maddie, please." He grabbed hold of my arm.
"Gerard, let go." I said.
"I can't." His eyes were watery. He was about to cry. And he loosened his grip around me. I reached over to touch his cheek, and wipe the tears that already have fallen.
"Why? Why did you come back here?" I asked.
"Because I'm still in love with you.
Sign up to rate and review this story