Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Will Always B the 1

My best Kept Secret and Your biggest Mistake

by Syn_INC 3 reviews

The one with the Secrets.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2007-12-10 - Updated: 2008-01-27 - 1012 words

1Insightful
Chapter1:
I wish I could say that the night Patrick Stump and I met was magical, astrologically speaking, that day Venus in conjunction with the moon ruled Taurus and Libra over my love planet and this meant I was destined to meet the man of my dreams. We would catch each others eye from across the room and we would instantly fall in love. He would whisk me away on his white horse and we would live happily ever after. But this isn’t that kind of story. There are no fairy tale conclusions y’all. Here there are no happy endings no happy beginnings just a chance meeting one night that led to my life changing completely while his stood exactly the same.
Don't get me wrong Its not that he’s a bad guy, the complete opposite is true as he is probably the nicest human being I’ve ever met in my life. He is shy and sweet and in every way the perfect man. The thing is fate decided to deal us a bad hand and in turn we both made choices that put us in bad positions. Depending on how the story is told either He looks like the bad guy for abandoning me or I look like a bitch for keeping such a big thing from him. To both of our defense though neither of us had any idea just how life changing one lust filled night would be.

*
*
Monday, March 5 2007
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Chicago Illinois
*

I watched through the glass wall dividing the hospital room from the waiting area as 2 nurses moved the little girl around to clean her and take more blood samples. I looked to my right at the chart that hung in the bin by the door. I ran my finger over the name and sighed.
I've worked at this hospital for a year and since I've started I've seen hundreds of kids just like this one. its is part of my job as a registered nurse to see kids like this and I should be used to it but this was hurting me. This one case was different.
The chart read Payton M. Sanchez and she was my daughter. I ran my finger over the name again and then looked back at the little girl in the room sleeping unaware of the people around her.
This had been Paytons life for the past 3 months since she was brought in for routine vaccinations and check up when one of her blood test had discovered the Cancer in her blood. They started treatment right away the best oncologist working on her case since they knew me and wanted to help. Even with the excellent treatment she was receiving Payton wasn't getting any better. I saw cancer patients and their families all the time but now i gained a bigger respect for the mothers i dealt with all the time. It had been two months since the doctors said she needed a bone marrow transplant in order to have a fighting chance. Two months and still no AB- bone marrow for Payton. I cursed the blood type and the fact that fate had to be so cruel to me. My blood type wasn't a match so i felt helpless. Like i really needed Payton to have another trait from her father. She already had the straight red hair, crystal blue/green eyes and shyness and now this. She was her fathers daughter which hurt me that she didn't have anything from me except maybe my temper. Don't piss baby Payton off or shell bite your head off.
It seemed that fate wanted nothing more than to remind me every fucking day for the rest of my life what i had done.
The doctor came up to me then.
"Andrea" I looked up from the trance I was barely aware i was in.
"Yes doctor"
"Andrea I have some bad news" I held my breath. That's what the last 3 months have been full of. Bad news.
"Andrea Payton stopped responding to the chemo and we have yet to find a match in the registry for her bone marrow. Andy I know how you wanted to keep her father out of this
But ill have to highly recommend to you as your doctor and more than that your friend that you push whatever bitterness or hate it is you have against him aside and you bring him here because he and his family could be the only thing to save your daughter." A few tears slipped down my cheeks.
"Its not like that Robert, its just with her dad its complicated."
"I'm sure hun but if you want Payton to live into the new year you have to uncomplicate it and fast" he patted me on the back gave me a hug
"Just consider it Andie"
I nodded and looked back at the hospital room where my daughter laid sleeping.
I tried really hard to avoid doing this but it looks like there's no fighting it now. Its time to find Paytons dad.
I walked to the on call nurses station and talked to the nurse there.
"Hey Sarah I'm going to go for a few hours there's something I have to do can you call me if anything changes?"
Sarah smiled kindly and nodded
"Sure thing hun, oh and the girls wanted me to let you know if you need any of us to cover your shifts well be more than happy to do so." I nodded and thanked her walking out of the hospital and getting into my car. I dialed a familiar number and waited for the person to pick up.
"Hey Andie how's Payton?" the voice stated
"She's... well she's not getting better actually well Mike I'm calling because I need a favor."
"Anything for you just name it Andie."
"I need Lupe's number."

~~~@~~~
It won't make sense at first since it starts from the present day and goes backwards but as the chapters progress everything will be explained. reviews are appreciated.
Sign up to rate and review this story