Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So You Got Two Blue Lines...

|two|

by Kate438 2 reviews

A small case of "the doubts" plauges Frank.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-01-05 - Updated: 2008-01-06 - 1470 words

1Original
Frank was seated in the drivers side of the car, Mikey was seated in the passenger side. He was driving him to the second doctors appointment. He still wasn't sure this was even real. He had seen the information on his boyfriend's condition, seen the ultrasound but it still wasn't connecting in his own brain. It was like some weird alternate reality. He tried to be supportive but both of them had wound up walking around their apartment like soundless zombies for the last two weeks. Sure, they would start to talk about what would be happening in the future but one of them would get weirded out or the phone would ring or some other equally lame interruption would happen and they would wind up putting the conversation on hold.

Frank turned his head to look at Mikey every now and then. Mikey just kept his gaze on something out the window. Frank opened his mouth to say something but shut it and turned his head back to the road in front of him. He loved Mikey a lot and he knew he was hurting but he just didn't know what to say about this. He didn't know what to think. He liked children. He had even hoped he would maybe have some in the future. He didn't know if now was the time. He didn't feel like he could handle raising a child. Hell, he had trouble taking care of his own self sometimes. What if he messed up? What if he wasn't good enough? The thoughts and doubts just kept racing through his the rest of the way to the doctors office.

Once Frank and put the car into park, he turned of the ignition and sat quiet for a moment. Mikey broke the silence.

"Well, this is it." He said quietly.

"Yeah." Frank said, equally as quiet. Frank watched as Mikey undid his seatbelt and went to open the door. Frank remained still.

"Are you coming?" Mikey asked, opening the door and letting the warm, humidity laden air into the car.

"I...I.." Frank started but Mikey interrupted.

"You, what?" He asked, his voice taking on an edge. "If you don't want to be here then don't. Is that it?" Frank stared at the steering wheel.

"No, it's just..." He began again but then let his voice trail off. Mikey sighed angrily.

"No, it's okay. You've barely said two words to me over the last two weeks. I knew this would be a shock. It shocked the fucking hell out of me. I'm a guy, a guy who found out that he can have children and that he is. But somehow I am managing. I thought that maybe, maybe you would be supportive about this. I don't know. I just don't know now." Mikey opened the door the rest of the way and got out. Before he shut the door, he leaned down and spoke.

"Frank, I've been thinking a lot about this and I am keeping the baby." Mikey let his eyes trace imaginary patterns on the dashboard. "If you feel that you can come in or whatever, it's the second floor, suite 210." Mikey closed the car door and Frank watched as he made his way into the doctor's office.

Frank dug his hands into his shirt pocket, grabbing his pack of cigarettes. He thought about what Mikey had said. He wanted to be here. He wanted to be supportive. Why couldn't he say it? He lit up a cigarette and took a long drag. The smoke burned his throat and made his eyes water. He leaned forward, resting his arm on the steering wheel and his head on his arm.
Frank took a few deep breaths to try and calm himself. He knew he had to go in the doctors office. If he couldn't tell Mikey how he felt then he had to at least try to show him. Frank stubbed out his cigarette in the ashtray and got out of the car. He could feel his stomach making nervous flips and he tried taking more deep breaths.

Frank opened the door and stepped inside the building. He looked in front of him staring at the directory and looking for suite 210. It was on the second floor. He saw there was both an elevator and staircase and he opted for the stairs. Once he was at the top, he found himself at the end of a short hallway. He walked down it, looking at the wooden numbers that we situated next to each door. He found the right one and opened it. The waiting room was pretty cozy for being a medical facility. There were a few couches and chairs arranged around end tables. Pictures of families adorned the walls.

Frank scanned the room for Mikey and found his sitting on one of the couches reading a parenting magazine. There was no one else in the room. Frank swallowed hard and made his way over to Mikey. He sat down next to him and Mikey looked up from his magazine, startled.

"Frank?" Mikey asked, not sure whether to be happy or angry at the sight of him. Frank looked over at Mikey.

"Mikey, I'm sorry." He began, pausing a moment. " I was just, I don't know, scared I guess." Frank hung his head, feeling guilty for feeling scared when it wasn't even him that was carrying a child. Frank felt Mikey's hand close over his. Frank looked up.

"I love you, Mikey. And I do support you." Frank said as he watched Mikey smile.

"I love you too." Mikey said. They stared at each other a moment before a nurse interrupted them.

"Way? Michael Way?" She said, staring at Frank and Mikey. Frank watched a flicker of nervousness go across Mikey's features and they stood. The nurse motioned for them to follow her and they did. She led them to an examination room. Once inside, she spoke.

"Which on of you is Mr. Way?" she asked, glancing at the two men. Mikey stepped forward.

" I am." the nurse smiled at him.

"Okay, I just need for you to make yourself comfortable on the bed and then I am going to do an ultrasound. After, the doctor will be in to speak with you." Mikey nodded his head, getting up onto the bed. Frank stood uncomfortably next to the bed, trying not to get in the way. The nurse took notice of him.

"And you must be Dad?" she asked, smiling at him. Frank smiled nervously and blushed.

"Yeah." The nurse motioned to a chair behind him.

"You can sit if you'd like." She said. Frank nodded, scooting the chair net to the be. He felt like his legs might give out on him and the chair seemed like a fantastic idea. The nurse was speaking again.

"Okay, Mr. Way. I'm just going to need you to pull your shirt up. I see that you've had an ultrasound before so you're familiar with the process?" Mikey nodded his head, then did what he was told. The nurse squirted some gel onto his stomach and he flinched slightly at the coldness. He watched her turn the ultrasound machine on and then the wand was on his stomach and he watched the screen. He glanced at Frank. Frank was staring at the screen intently. There was a squiggle of white on the screen all of a sudden.

"Ah, there we go!" She said. " There is the spine and the head." She said, pointing at whitish lines on the screen. Mikey felt himself grin ear to ear. He loved seeing this. He turned his head to look at Frank. Frank was staring at the screen with a dazed expression on his face. He turned to Mikey,

"Oh my God." he said, almost breathlessly. "That's our baby. It's real. It's there."

"Everything looks okay?" Mikey asked, staring alternately at the monitor and at Frank. The nurse looked at him.

"Everything looks wonderful. Let me get you a print off and then the doctor will be with you shortly." She hit a button on the machine and a copy of the scan printed out underneath. She handed Mikey some paper towels to wipe off the extra gel and then she left the room. Mikey sat up and got off the table. Frank stood up as well. He had the scan in his hands.

"This, this is incredible." he said. Mikey smiled, moving in closer to Frank. Frank set the scan on the chair and took both of Mikey's hands into his own. Frank had to stand on his tiptoes to reach Mikey's lips but he didn't really mind. He pressed his own onto Mikey's and they stayed like that a moment. When the pulled apart, Frank smiled.

"I love you."
Sign up to rate and review this story