Hermione struggles with her demons, and finds that others share them, Neville and Hannah have an adventure, Harry and Daphne go shopping.
- Even if Dumbledore knew nothing of the rapes, he is still partially responsible for the climate that allowed them to go unpunished.
As for this Ginny, if she's so convinced Harry will save her, she should hang herself and see if he shows up.
Author's responseOf course Dumbles knows, but boys will be boys you know...
Re: Ginny, you've got a vicious streak Doc...
- Excellent work. The part about Ginny makes me wonder if she wasn't 'tweaked' by Dumbledore until she became like that, or if it is all natural.
Either way, great addition, and excellent showing for Nev.
Author's response- Ginny is having some problems, yes...
- Neville's fun to write...
(#) sparky40sw 2008-01-07 03:58:45 PMGreat chapter - i do so like it when righteous anger gives a smiting that won't be forgotten. Please excuse the archaic terms - but the scenes here and in the previous chapter (Lucky's demise) were priceless.
While Ginny is not my favorite character, it is kind of sad to see her so literally demented.
I also agree with Dr T above - Dumbledork and Snape both should be severely punished as accessories before and after the fact for each and every rape. And the best punishment that I have heard of is a healing charm and impalement - on a short, say 4 foot tall, stake, so the criminal lasts at least 10 times the accumulated time of all the rapes combined.
thanks for continuing the story.
Author's response- Thanks. A little smiting is good for the soul...
- More on Ginny soon...
- The Doc has a vicious streak about a yard wide, something a lot of my reviewers share... Me too...
- wow very exciting chapter note to voldy don't mess with hannah or neville might get upset.I am sure dumbles did know about the rapes after all he knows everything right? it was probaly for the greater good blah blah blah maybe he thought draco couild be redeemed if given enough chances it just shows what and idiot dumbles isanyway another great chapter i look forward to hermione and daphne plans for draco
Author's response- Thank you.
- Messing with Hannah might not be the best career choice, no.
- Dumbles knows what happens in the castle yes. Of course boys will be boys...
- Draco will be redeemed by the flowers he fertilizes...
(#) FenrisWolf 2008-01-07 05:05:39 PMHell hath no fury....there's a reason why Kipling referred to the terror of the Tommies being left to the mercy of the tribeswomen of the Khyber Pass, and numerous explorers throughout the world reported it was far better to eat a bullet than to be handed over to the women.
Women by far suffer the most during any conflict, whether it be the privation of losing a home, the pain of losing a child or a husband, or the horror of being violated. Thousands of years of such trials selected for the strength to overcome such trials, and one of the best ways to put such things behind one is revenge, if not on the ones that hurt you, then on their ilk. I look forward to seeing how the smartest witch of her generation goes about avenging herself....
Author's response- You can rest assured that it will not be pleasant.
- I think the excision of his genitals along with permanently destroying his hands, hearing, eyesight and spine would be an appropriate punishment for Draco and every other rapist in Slytherin.
Author's response- Ok, now that's scarey. Forgiveness may be divine, but it is against Hermione's policy.
- As Kipling put it, "The female of the species is deadlier than the male." I daresay Draco, his accomplices, Snape, Dumbledore, and anyone else complicit or tacitly supportive of those rapes are in most deep excrement; figuratively for now but literally as soon as Daphne and Hermione finish their plans. Anyone giving odds on Hannah joinging them?
I almost feel sorry for Ginny, she's cleared gone "round the bend" if she thinks Harry's going to come to her resuce now, she's committed the ultimate sin in his eyes, hurt one of his friends, and he will be like a Fury in dealing with her. Mind you, it would appear that Dumbles did his mind-manipulation thing on her, too, just as he did on the witch he was aiming at Neville; I wonder how he's taking -that- not working? Or does he know, yet, that it's not?
I wonder when it's going to occure to Tom to be a might concerned, he keeps sending his "best" after Harry & friends and they never return. I can imagine how he'll feel after Daphne and Hermione do a bit of "House-cleaning"; he's not likely to be overjoyed, though I'm certain what happens to Albus will brighten Tom's day.
Author's response- I would say that Hannah (and pretty much every other woman at the school) would be interested in joining in.
- Ginny has problems, which will be explained (but not excused) soon.
- Actually the 'final confrontation' with Tom will take place before the same with Dumbles...