Categories > Original > Drama

Heartbroken

by RekoM 4 reviews

Aurora is heartbroken by her boyfriend, and she's debating on getting revenge.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-01-11 - Updated: 2008-01-11 - 674 words - Complete

0Unrated
Heartbroken

As I sat on my bedroom floor, thoughts of him were racing through my mind. I loved him so much, what he did to me was absolutely unexpected, and very hurtful. It’s something that a girl couldn’t ever forget. The only way that I could describe what happened, would be; heartbreaking. The good memories are the only things that I have left to hold onto. I can’t believe that I loved that boy so much, the way he looked at me, the way he could hold me in his arms like no one else could, and his calming voice always assuring me that he loved me, and he would forever. Now, I’m left here in pieces. When he walked out of my front door for the last time, it felt like he took a piece of me with him. I’m not whole anymore, and until he’d be back in my life, I never will be. The only problem is, that I don’t know if I would be able to look at him the same way, after what he did to me. I have to get my mind off him. Find something to do, I know, I’ll call Jess. That girl has been by my side through everything. The one person that I can truly count on.

“Hi, Jess?” I said into the receiver.

“Hey Aurora!”she replied.

“Let’s go out, I have to get my mind off Justin.”

“Wh-what happened? You two were so happy!” She questioned frantically.

I interrupted her, before she got to asking too many questions, “Jess,” I paused, blinking back tears. “Justin’s a complete jerk, he was always talking about how he wanted to marry me after grad in June. He brought me to a jeweller and everything to pick a ring. But then, I went to see him the next day, with his favourite chips, and his favourite move, Scarface. It was just a little surprise, because I was really excited, and I wanted to thank him for deciding that he wanted the rest of his life to be spent with me, like I wanted to with him. So I walked up to his front door, and noticed that his parents weren’t home, because their car wasn’t in the driveway. Just his. I peered through the window in the front door, trying to see if I could see him at all. I rang the doorbell, but got no answer. I walked up to the large window that was in his living room, and I looked through. The Notebook was playing on the television, and a bowl of his favourite chips were on the coffee table in front of the couch. I looked over towards where Justin would be sitting, on the couch, and he wasn’t there alone. He was laying on the couch with Nicole. She was supposed to be my best friend! Justin and Nicole couldn’t keep their lips off of each other. I dropped the movie and the chips, I felt weak. I couldn’t take that. Why would he do this to me? I don’t understand. He said that he loved me.”

“Aw. Rorie!” Jess replied. “I can’t believe he would do that! He seemed like the greatest guy ever!”

“Trust me, I feel the same way.”

“I’m not looking forward to Monday, Jess.”

“Isn’t that like, your six year anniversary?” She asked reluctantly.

“Mhm.”

Tears started streaming down my cheeks. Justin was my everything.

Maybe I’m being too naive, thinking that I would get married to the love of my life, as soon as highschool was over.

“Jess? Am I being too naive?” I asked quietly.

“Aurora, He broke your heart, in a way that’s too harsh to even imagine the pain! Of course you’re not being too naive.” She explained, in a comforting voice. “Let’s go to the mall, Rorie. You need another man, arm candy at the least.” Jess suggested.

*******
Sign up to rate and review this story