Tony Stark comes to Hogwarts, and he isn't all that happy. Wanda finds she has a fan, and the Grangers and Patils have a meeting.
- Ah....it's good to see Dumbles smacked down. Hmmm....what's the odds that the Aurors heard that Mistress Harkness was at Hogwarts and decided that there was a nest of dark wizards somewhere else that needed investigating? Fudge and his pet toad might have wanted to arrest her, but getting someone to actually try and do it is something else again. Will Hermione hack into Hogwarts' library? Come to think of it, Padma might be into the idea too. I liked seeing how Harry's father, the Patils, and the Grangers meshed. Will Mr. Stark make sure that Harry's friends have access to his mind protective device? After all, if Dumbles was willing to invade his mind he'd have no problem assulting children. Thanks for the chapter!
Author's responseI think your suspicions about that Aurors might be valid...
Umbitch will get her chance in a few chapters.
No, she's not going to hack into the library (yet) The 'claw library hasn't been shown yet, nor has what Harry is going to do with it.
- Well, I had to look up the visiting heroes this time! I hope Harry has those same technological add-ons that Tony does.
Glad to see Ben, my favorite Marvel character, hope to see more of him. And I think Harry, Hermione, and Padma are about to revolutionize Stark's new magic-compliant line of products and make himself and them very rich (along with Tony)
Author's response- He'll be adding them as he understands them. He's looking at a major upgrade this summer.
- I just tried to imagine how an almost 5 year old would react to a large orange rock person, especially just after being primed by a picture book about wondrous creatures.. I hope I got the sense of wonder right.
- Another interesting chapter with more detail given on Harry's early life and the character of Tony Stark in this continuity. It makes sense that Harry would not have a prejudiced bone in his body, having been in continual close contact with various permutations of magic user, mutants and accidental metas like the Fantastic Four.
I presume that the blonde guy was Captain Britain, but I didn't recognise his companion. Good idea in making it necessary to have some kind of magical talent to break the wards. Making technology always beat magic would be boring. I suspect that Dumbledore will live to regret not learning the lesson of Tony breaching the wards and beating his compulsion charm.
Now: I have this image in my head of the First Task of the Triwizard Cup and Harry walking out... in a version of the Iron Man armour, but in Ravenclaw blue and silver (inadvertantly recalling his Uncle Jim's War Machine armour) and powered by a mix of Harry's magic and muggle science. The Invincible Technomage would then have been born. :D
A great story. Always looking forward to more!
BenRG's Rating: 8/10
Author's responseYeah, Brian Braddock, Captain Britain. His companion was Megan, currently his wife, but not then. She is an environmental empath...
I wasn't all that clear on Tony not being able to find the castle. The tech worked fine, but the human element failed, and Tony couldn't get through the Muggle avoidance ward.
Oh thanks a whole lot. I wasn't planing on armor, but now I can't get the image of a blue and silver war machine mech out of my head.
Thanks for the review.
- Wow i loved this chapter and i thought the part between tony and dumbles was great especially when dumbles tried to do a little mind control on tony he really needs to find out who is is messing with he has finally met someone who is not in awe of the fact that he is albus dumbledore.Gee if this is how tony react to this i cannot wait to see how he reacts to the prophecy about harry being the one who has to kill voldie dumbles better take out some more insurance on the castle one question who were the two people with tony i did not trconize them.Again great job i love your stories keep them coming.
- Great chapter. Not a lot of action, but quite a bit of background.
I especially like the interaction with the other heroes and their kids.
Stark talking with the Patils and the Grangers would make sense. While the kids in canon are routinely abused and neglected, it doesn't work that way in the "normal" world.
Being able to slip in some more modern communications will help enhance the story.
(#) Dragonshadow 2008-01-13 06:41:40 PMDude, very interesting story. Most impressed with the story and the double crossover with DC and Marvel Comics. Would like to see some sort of villain from either side be introduced to the story. Please do continue with the other years as well.
- First off, I greatly enjoyed the flashbacks showing how the relationship between Tony, Harry, and Tony's friends grew - and, yes, you got the sense of wonder quite right. I can see quite the friendship developing between Franklin and Harry, much to the detriment of anyone who bothers them (a perp going after them is just -asking- for what he gets).
As to the rest, all I can say is "Welcome to accountability, Albus. It's a territory you've managed to avoid for years, but here's some one who's not in awe of you, he regularly deals with more powerful individuals - and ones with more accomplishments, not susceptible to your powers (he's dealt with too much), and not at all susceptible to your persuasiveness - he is, after all, a master negotiator and business man. I don't think Albus is going to appreciate having Harry Stark there as much as he expected.
I loved the meeting of Tony with the Grangers and the Patils and the plans they set in motion; I rather suspect that matters are going to progress rather beyond what any of them expects, though as this is -Harry- we're talking about. I wonder if the Patils will become Stark International's first authorized dealers to the wizarding world?
Author's response- Harry and Franklin hung out all the time (and will continue to do so over the summer(s). Oddly enough unexplained explosions and devastation seems to occur in the same general vicinity...
- Albus has plans in progress to deal with the Stark Situation...
- As a matter of fact, the Patil family will be the Stark International's Point of Contact with BWS... The Brits are going to be hauled kicking and screaming out of the 18th century into the 21st by their children... And there will be plenty of Galleons to go around from this deal... Padma's, Parvarti's and Hermione's new toys will be the 'demo units' that crowbar open the market.