Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > King and Queen

Dionysus' Remedy

by irish_ping-pong 0 reviews

Dionysus helps theresa to heal.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-01-13 - Updated: 2008-01-14 - 1536 words

0Unrated
Theresa’s eyes were wide open and she was straining her ears to hear what that sound was. She sat up a bit, ignoring the pain in her back. The rattle continued. It sounded as if some crazed baby was shaking its rattle like there was gold in it or something.

“What is that?” Theresa whispered to herself. She stood up and felt a jolt of fiery pain shoot up her back, so she had to sit back down. Her eyes filled with water, but no tears fell down her cheek. “I will stand up,” Theresa said to herself. She tried again, but the same thing happened except a tad more painful. “Okay. I’ll just stay here.”

All night Theresa sat on the couch hugging her knees and rocking back and forth. Theresa was trying to calm herself down by telling jokes in her head, but she listened for the rattling noise and only heard it once more. Theresa did not sleep at all for the remainder of the night. She was absolutely petrified (A/N: you know when you are so scared, and it’s dark, and you here every little sound, and you see every little thing and think it’s a ghost or demon, and you don’t know how you’re going to survive because you are so scared? I hate that…). Theresa prayed for the morning to come faster. Of course, time seemed to move so slowly and morning didn’t come for what seemed like days.

“Good morning, Theresa,” Chiron said trotting into the room.

“Good morning, Chiron!!!” Theresa exclaimed happily. She was not alone anymore. Theresa had never been so happy to see Chiron. She would have hugged him, but she couldn’t stand from the previous episode.

“Well you seem happy to-” Chiron looked closely at Theresa, “You tried to stand didn’t you?”

“Well, yes, but-”

“I told you to rest. You desperately need to rest! You can’t be walking around! You’ll permanently damage your back! You know how much the team needs you. Don’t make this worse. And stay put for the rest of the day. If a foot touches the ground for even a moment, who knows what could happen. Stay on the bed. Do not move…” Chiron scolded. He went on and on about how she should not stand.

‘I wonder what he’d look like with brown jet black hair…or maybe a shirt…’ Theresa thought to herself, ignoring Chiron.

“You got that Theresa?” Chiron asked, concluding his lecture.

“Yah, but, I heard something.”

“Oh really, what was it?”

“Rattling.”

“Oh, cough that was just us, the gods, planning important cough stuff and…” Chiron stuttered. Theresa gave him a suspicious look. “Okay. Ares and Artemis were testing…something. I can’t tell you what it was, because I’m not really supposed to, because you’re going to have to battle against it as training.”

“Okay…”

“Now today, Persephone could not make it to heal your wound, so I got Dionysus to come up with a concoction to help with the healing of your wound. Is that okay?” Chiron asked.

“Yes. Is it going to make me throw up, faint, explode with green blotches, or die?” Theresa inquired.

“No…most likely not. Now, your friends are outside the door. Do want them with you or do you just want them to stay out there?” Chiron told Theresa.

“I would like them to be with me,” Theresa said.

“Alright. Jay!” Chiron called.

“Yes?” Jay said coming into Chiron’s study, followed by the others.

“You can stay with Theresa.”

“Thanks!” Jay said. Theresa could see the excitement on Jay’s face and apparently so could Atlanta. She winked at Theresa and smirked at Jay.

“What?” Jay asked.

“Nothing,” Atlanta answered, still smiling.

“So, how are you feeling?” Jay asked Theresa.

“Oh, better. Just waiting for the world to change.”

“Oooooo, deep,” Archie responded.

“I know,” Theresa smiled.

“Hehe!” Dionysus chuckled, skipping into the study, “I’ve really done it this time!” He was carrying a greenish liquid that was…bubbling.

“Am I supposed to drink that?” Theresa asked.

“Mmhmm,” Dionysus answered handing her his potion. Theresa hesitated and looked at all her friends. She held the glass up to her lips and sipped the liquid grudgingly. There was a definite look of disgust on her face, but she finished drinking and shook off the look. Theresa waited a few seconds.

“Well, I feel fine. Did it work?” Theresa asked. She did feel much better and there was no more pain in her back.

“I think so,” Chiron said, amazed. “Do you feel pain?” pressing down on her back, right where the wound used to be.

“No. It feels fine.”

“Great Scott, it really did work,” Chiron said, again amazed.

“You sound so surprised,” Dionysus said, looking a tad insulted.

“Well…” Chiron said. Dionysus was about to say something, but Theresa interrupted.

“Hey, can I go home now?”

“Sure,” Chiron said.

“Thank you,” Theresa said getting up quickly.

“Now Chiron, do you not think my potions will work?” Dionysus asked crossing his arms.

“Sorry? Coming Hera!” Chiron called before trotting out of his study. Hera did not actually call for him, he just wanted to get out of an awkward conversation.

“So, how are you really feeling?” Jay asked.

“Better. That potion really did work. I have so much energy right now. It feels great.” The others, except Jay, looked at each other in disbelief. Theresa saw this and held her pointer finger to her lips. She didn’t want Jay to know.

“Good. Because we are working on a new plan to get Cronus. And we need your magic skills. Hera said you could go see Morpheus again, to make Cronus think that he can defeat us using a certain strategy, which we will know all about and be able to prevent, using you.”

“Heheh. Are you sure you want to do that? What if Cronus gets into my mind again? What if I mess up again?” Theresa asked.

“You didn’t mess up. That was Cronus. And this time, Morpheus is going to teach you how to block your mind. Hera said it’s only a matter of time before Cronus controls your mind.”

“Poor you,” Neil said.

“Okay, so it’s going to be a rerun of the last time we tried this so we need you guys (Altanta, Archie, Herry, and Neil) to go and do physical training, Odie, you and I will start to devise the ‘strategy’ and Theresa, you will go to the Underworld,” Jay ordered.

“Right now? Don’t you think that-” Theresa started.

“Yes right now. Go see Hermes and he’ll get you to Morpheus,” Jay said.

“Yes, master,” Theresa said in a robotic tone before leaving. Herry snickered, but stopped when Jay glared at him.

“Uh…Jay, don’t you think that you should give Theresa a little break? After all, she just fell off a cliff. Cronus must know that she’s vulnerable now, so isn’t this a bit dangerous? I mean she’s weak,” Atlanta said.

“No she’s not. She just said ‘I feel like I have so much energy now’. Remember?” Archie sighed.

“She was just saying that. She knew you had some sort of new plan that involved her magic powers and she didn’t want to let you down, like she THOUGHT she did last time.”

“She didn’t let me down. She got Cronus in his cell, but he used his portal to get away again. It wasn’t her fault.”

“Theresa thinks it is,” Odie said, “I heard her crying her room the night we got back to the brownstone. I assumed it was because of that. Even if it wasn’t, she still felt really guilty about it. She was really beating herself up about it.”

“Uh, well actually, when Theresa was crying, it wasn’t because of the previous mission. It was because…her grandma died, but she didn’t want anyone to know. It would make her cry and crying made her feel weak,” Atlanta explained. ‘Theresa’s going to kill me for saying that!’ Atlanta thought.

“Are you serious!? That was only a week and a half ago! Is she okay?” Neil asked. It surprised the others, considering he usually only cared about himself.

“Uh…yah, she is. How about you? Are you feeling okay?” Atlanta asked.

“Yes.”

“Okay! Enough chit-chat, we have work to do people! Odie come with me. You guys, start working out. Get Ares and Artemis to help in the best way possible. Remember, if you can’t feel pain, you ain’t trying! I have no tolerance for disobedience! Do not make me mad and have to train you 10 times harder!” Jay ordered.

“Whoa. That was a major spazzing session right there. And just so you know, you do train us 10 times harder than Ares and Artemis. Let’s go!” Neil said before Jay could talk back. Neil ran off with the others to the gym.

“Can you believe that?” Jay asked Odie.

“Kinda?” Odie said, “Now let’s go find the ‘strategy’.”
Sign up to rate and review this story