Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 48: Cut It Loose

by VikkiMole 1 review

He was holding hands with some pretty blond girl. Okay, now I know he’s not gay.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-01-17 - Updated: 2008-01-17 - 1230 words

0Unrated
Gerard, being the annoyingly chivalrous gentleman as he is, insisted we walk Becca all the way back up to her desk. I didn’t really mind, I had nowhere to be right now and was actually wondering how to blow about eleven hours. I suppose I could hang out with Joe. Would that be weird? I mean, he’s Patrick’s friend. I don’t really know him that well. He is a part of our band though so I guess it would be okay if I dropped in for practice or something. Some sick people waddle by as if their ailments were making them shake their hips to a nauseous, highly medicated beat. It was a little gross. This place must be so full of disease. That gave me the shivers. Hygiene was a big issue for me. I was a bit of a germ-a-phobe. I scratched anxiously at the back of my hand.

Nurse Ross gave us a wave on our way through. He was holding hands with some pretty blond girl. Okay, now I know he’s not gay. Not the fact that he was with a tall blond but you would not believe how big her boobs were. Yeah, that was a little derogatory of me but hey, these are my thoughts. It’s not like anyone’s going to wander into my mind and call me on it. She had style. I admit that. Wearing long black pants and sparkling silver sequined shoes. A black waistcoat over a white tee with a guitar shaped badge on the upper left hand. Lacey. That was her name. I remember now. No wonder Nurse Ross wasn’t gay.

‘Hey Ryan’ Rebecca called, smiling, notably sizing up his girlfriend, ‘You look awesome today Lacey’

‘Thanks’ Lacey hushed in return, quiet and quite shy

‘This is Pete and Gerard’ Becca introduced us, pointing in turn as she said our name, ‘They’re a bit weird but you’re used to weird right?’

‘Yeah,’ Lacey snorted, ‘How many years have I known you?’

‘Haha’ She rolled her eyes, grinning ‘Since high school and loving every moment’

‘Sure’ Lacey laughed, nodding sarcastically

‘Right,’ Becca exhaled, grabbing Gerard and dragging him away, ‘Bored of you now’

‘Feeling is mutual’ Lacey farewelled us sweetly, instantly going back to talking intensely with Ryan about some band called Incubus

We wandered over to the desk aptly marked with the vase of roses. Gerard beamed on seeing them again, as did Rebecca notably. She was still attached to him when we stopped, obviously not wanting to let him go. She picked up the register again and signed back in. Putting the pen back down she spun on her heel to face her Romeo. Gerard let her go, dropping his hands into his jacket pocket. I prayed that I wasn’t going to be witness to another P.D.A today because I was already feeling bad about Patrick and seeing other couples being all couply would not help me.

‘Well, this is my stop’ Rebecca dropped herself into a swirly chair by the desk.

‘So it is’ Gerard looked uncomfortable, like he was syching himself up to kiss her again

‘Well…’ Smirk cemented to her face, ‘Thank you for breakfast Gerard. That was sweet of you’

‘Anytime’ He answered, taking a step closer and kissing her on the cheek, she blushed, ‘I was going to ask you about later’

‘Later?’ She asked, head tilted

‘Yeah…’ Gerard inhaled, I nudged him, ‘Would you like to go for dinner or something later? I mean, it would totally be okay if you say no. I mean, I would like you to but if you’re busy then that’s fine. I kind of just sprung that on you didn’t I? I’m sorry, I..’

He was interrupted by me kicking him hard in the ass. He turned around menacingly, about to hit me. I raised a hand to stop him.

‘Babbles!’ I called at him, trying to calm him down, ‘Let her answer before running your mouth?’

‘Oh..’ Gerard smiled, spinning back to face the very confused nurse, ‘So?’

‘What was the first question again?’ She enquired, scratching her head, ‘I got swept up in the three questions to follow’

‘Umm.. Do you... want to have lunch... with me?’ I was close to putting my hand over him mouth to stop anything else from tumbling out but her managed to hold in his words this time

‘Oh,’ Rebecca replied, a little taken back but a hint of disappointment there to

Gerard’s eyes dropped, taking that as a no before she even really answered. Becca checked her watch. She mumbled a few things to herself before looking back up at him.

‘I was kind of going to visit my husband tonight’ She murmured to no one in particular

‘That’s fine…’ Gerard sighed

‘But lunch sounds better’ She retorted hesitantly, perking Gerard up instantly

‘Yeah?’ Gerard blurted excitedly

‘Yeah’ She giggled, nodding

‘Awesome’ He laughed

‘Awesome’ She agreed

‘Oh god’ I rolled my eyes, letting out a exasperated noise

‘Cynic!’ They both called at the same time, that was a bit too scary for my liking, they looked at each other, ‘Jinx again!’

‘Again, oh god’ I repeated my previous noise of frustration

‘Oh..’ Gerard snapped his fingers as if he’d just remembered something, ‘I kind of promised Mikey that we’d hang out tonight. I don’t want to leave him alone’

‘I’ll hang out with him’ I replied, not even really paying attention to what I’d just agreed to

‘Really?’ Gerard beamed
‘Sure,’ I said simply, ‘I need something to help me waste a couple of hours’

‘I better get home and tell him the good news then’ Gerard hooted, looking into space thoughtfully, ‘He did say that you seem like a cool guy’

He thinks I’m cool. Well, there’s a first for everything. This wasn’t a bad plan actually. Mikey played bass. I played bass. He might be able to teach me a few things to impress Patrick with. Hell, he might even help me write a new song. The Way brothers were rather musical too so perhaps I could learn a thing or two about different bands. I wonder how much Mikey knows about Prince and David Bowie? Oh, if he does know a thing or two he could teach me how to play a Prince or Bowie song. I applauded my own fantastic idea.

‘Five O’ Clock?’ Rebecca asked, checking in some pocket diary thingy, ‘I get off at four today so I’ll have time to go home and get changed’

‘Sure’ Gerard approved

‘I could take you guys’ I exhaled, thinking about all the stuff I’d do tonight, ‘I’ll pick you both up a five and take you there’

‘We can take a taxi home’ Rebecca smiled, ‘Don’t want to cause too much trouble for you Zacy’

‘If you insist m’lady’ I chortled, bowing to her and Gerard, ‘Hence forth we travel sir?’

‘For sooth,’ Gerard signalled to me, planting a gentle kiss on Rebecca’s lips, ‘’till nighfall dear maiden’

‘Laaaaame’ Ryan called from behind me, Lacey sniggered

‘It’s called romance, Mr. Ross’ Gerard waggled his finger at him, ‘Is he the romantic type Lacey?’

Lacey said nothing. Ryan pouted.
Sign up to rate and review this story