Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Take A Chance

ch0001 Sarah Saturday

by wasteddaisy 0 reviews

Saturday. The first day of the weekend. A day of rest. Also the preferred day to hunt vampires as it was the day they had to remain in their coffins.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-01-21 - Updated: 2008-01-22 - 973 words

0Unrated
Saturday.
The first day of the weekend.
A day of rest.
Also the preferred day to hunt vampires as it was the day they had to remain in their coffins.

Saturday.
The day that preceeds Sunday.
The day after Friday.

Saturday.
The day that would remain a prominent day.
The day that would always be remembered.
The day that dinner was spilled.



Sitting leaning on the counter of the small cafe, elbows propping up a head that rested lazily upon hands. Eye's glancing around, blinking every so often.
A sigh.
There was nothing to do, the 4 or 5 customers that were already inside the cafe had their orders and were going about eating and talking amongst their companions or sitting reading the newspaper.
Boredom.

The tinkling of the small bell alerted the staff to the new arrivals or the people leaving. Eye's meeting the door briefly to see a group walk inside, before they returned to the counter.

"Sarah" a voice called waking her out of her daze "Table 14"

A nod. Swinging on the chair to face the hatch, she stood, spearing the order on a gleaming spike "Order up" she called hitting the bell before spinning the off-white paper around into the kitchen.

"30 minutes" a gruff voice sighed

"Janet" Sarah called "30"

And so she returned to the stool, returned her elbows to the table, rested her head lazily upon her hands and went back to staring.
Dull.


"Order up" a voice bellowed causing Sarah to jump a little.
She spun around on the chair and went to the hatch. She placed the plates onto one of the large red serving trays and pushed herself away from the wall.

She skated over to table 14 and came to a halt. Reading off the orders and passing the plates out, she skated back to the counter.

"Sarah go check coffee"

"Sure Dave" she sighed grabbing the coffee pot and making her way around the tables.

She turned and crashed into someone "Oh my god" she gasped "I am so sorry"

He stood there silently looking down at the coffee soaking into his shirt and the strawberry cheesecake he didn't order slowly sliding down to the floor with a splat.

"Let me get some napkins" she skated off and skated back holding them out "I am so sorry"

"Don't worry about it" another voice replied taking the napkins from her with a slight smile

Sarah nodded and skated back to the counter where she headed into the back room and sat down.


_________________________________________________________________________________________

Later...

"It's not that bad"

Glare.

"Yeah" another voice added "You can't even tell" he scratched his head

Death glare

Giggle "It looks like you got busy"

Thump

"Ow" he rubbed his arm "Geez Bob lighten up"

Silence

"Okay listen up" the owner of the first voice sighed "We're going to the interview I'm sure there's something for you to wear at the studio, Worm might have something"

"Great" Bob grumbled.




Sarah walked out of the cafe. She pulled her cardigan around her.
Walking down the street away from the hell that was her weekend.
She hadn't been able to rollerskate until she got the job. It was a compulsory part of her work. Apparently to give the place a real American 50's feel. She sighed and continued walking. Heading into a Starbucks she grabbed a coffee to go.

She turned the corner of the building and crashed into someone, her coffee covering them and her.
"I am so sorry" she gasped in disbelief, her hand flying to her mouth when she looked at said person.

Bob inhaled deeply, his eyes closed as he heard her apologise before exhaling and opening them. His coffee was gone, covering him and her he noticed her coffee cup was empty too.

"I am so sorry" she began "I... Could this day be any worse"

"Frank" a voice hissed as he giggled jabbing him in the ribs

Sarah wiped her eyes quickly "Can I do anything? Dry cleaning? Anything?"

Bob shook his head "It's fine" he sighed "Just forget about it"

"I..." Sarah started

"He said it was cool" she recognised the guy as the one from the cafe who took the napkins "Umm" he looked at her

"Sarah" she replied

"Sarah" he nodded "Okay well Sarah, we are sorry for running into you" he smiled "You look cold, can we drive you somewhere?"

"No it's fine it's easier if I walk to the tube and get home that way" she replied "Thanks anyway"

"No problem" he nodded "You sure you'll be okay?"

"Yeah" she replied

"Okay then" he paused "Umm we'll see you round maybe"

"Yeah" she waved as did they before walking in opposite directions


She slowly walked to the tube station, heading to the platform and walking onto the train, she sat for a few minutes before standing and walking off, heading up and onto the street where she slowly walked to her small flat. She dropped her keys onto the small table beside the door, pulling her soaked clothes off and running a bath. She headed to the cd player and hit play, smiling as her favourite song played out. She slowly lowered herself into the water, laying back she slid down until she was comfortable. Not able to get the face of the guy she mauled with food out of her head, or any of them for that matter. She chuckled to herself, Americans. She let the steam melt away any and all of her stress, the group still playing on her mind, she knew she recognised them. It wasn't until she slid further into the water that she remembered why. She sat up quickly.

"Holy shit!" she cried out her hand flying to her mouth "Oh fuck" she flopped back down into the water "What a fucking idiot" she rubbed at her face
Sign up to rate and review this story