Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > IY Drabbles

Reflections

by darkelf19 1 review

A collection of drabbles written for iyfic_challenge, iyfic_contest, Isswkiwa, and my own amusement

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Kikyo - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 274 words

1Insightful
Reflectinos


They called her lucky. She who would never be forced to marry against her will. She who would never be expected to do domestic chores or care for infant children. She who only had to worry of demons, the villagers and the Shikon no Tama.
Oh yes, she was indeed lucky.

How easily they forgot the burdens she faced; the sacrifices she made. While they flirted with young village boys, she sat alone meditating. While they experimented with love, she faced death. While they married and started their own families, she was left alone with nothing but a tainted jewel for companionship.

Was it a wonder then, that one night in a desperate plea of loneliness, she'd clutched the Shikon no Tama to her heart and feverishly wished that she too could know love? Was it so evil of her to want to love and be loved in return - to marry and start a family of her own?

The Shikon no Tama thought so.
It embraced her wish, calling to her one that she'd never be able to truly love, knowing her loneliness wouldn't allow her to send him away. And so it began the dangerous love affair of a hanyou and miko; each striving for power over the other, each desperately needing the other, though neither would admit it. Until the day they turned on one another, their instinctive distrust shattering the fragile love that had bloomed between them.

Dying before the Goshinboku, her sacred arrow imbedded in the heart of her beloved, she remembered the words of the young village girls. They'd called her lucky.
Oh yes, she was lucky indeed.
Sign up to rate and review this story