Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Basik Love

by Violinwhites 0 reviews

Cally Basik's life had always been about her twin Kat and oh so predictable. But when they separate she has to find someone else to depend on. Mikey? Gerard? She didn't want it to happen this way.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2008-01-26 - Updated: 2008-01-26 - 603 words

0Unrated
Airports

Leaving my twin behind is something I’ve never wanted to do, but its for the best. On my part its for the best but definitely not on hers.
Kat held my tightly as we pushed our way through a jungle of people to gate six. Reluctantly we made it; letting go of my bags laced my fingers with her. At that point we started blubbering like fools. The only thing that got us to stop was the gate attendant, “We are now boarding the plane of Gate 6. We are now boarding the plan of Gate 6.” We hugged one last time.
“Goodbye Cally.”
“I will call you everyday Twin.”
We both crossed our fingers relishing in our adolescent “hand shake”.
“Twins Forever.”
I could barely hear her for the attendant roared over the speaker one last time. When my feet led me down that carpeted hallway my mind was so detached to the situation. My mind told me to look back just once, but I couldn’t.
If had let myself look back I would have never boarded the plane.

Airplanes

Flying isn’t the thing that bothers me the passengers are. This time I had some meaty business man sitting on my left. The right seat empty. He closed his cell phone then shifted his body towards me. A nasty grin was spread across his chubby face. Only two words could described this man: nasty and cheap.
When he leaned in closer his tacky chain necklace dangled below his double chin. An aroma of onions and cheap cologne poured from his sweaty skin.
“Can I buy you a drink?”
“No.” He started to breath heavily on my neck. Why wasn’t anyone noticing this?
“Can I help with something else?” He moved his hand to my knee. I shoved it away but he kept putting it back. I had with this guy, just as I got up to tell the nearest flight attendant a lanky boy stopped me.
“Would you like to sit with me instead?”
“Save me please.”
He laughed lightly. While he got my bags out of the compartment I made my way to First Class, where his seats were. We didn’t talk much because I informed him I wasn’t having a very good day. He understood.

New Jersey

The boy “who saved me” and I sat on a bench outside the airport. Nervously I fiddled with the zipper on my jacket. “What’s your name?”
It took me a minute to realize he was speaking to me. “Callyfornia. But please call me Cally, I hate my whole name.”
“It is pretty strange.”
“Well, thanks.”
“Didn’t mean it in a bad way. I’m Mikey, nice to meet you.”
He stuck his hand out for me to shake; I slowly shook his hand then went back to my zipper fiddling. He shifted towards me.
“What brings ya to Jersey?”
“I’m a homegrown Jersey Girl.” I smiled proudly.
“I wouldn’t have guessed that. I’m from here too.”
I was going to ask him what part of Jersey but he was already grabbing his luggage and stuffing it in the back of a cab. Surprisingly he ran back over to me, wrote his number down quickly and disappeared into the cab.
It was a piece of sheet music, on one side was his number and on the other side was his full name. I was astonished. Written in scratchy writing it said:
Mikey Way.
The whole time I had been sitting next to one of the most desired people and I absolutely had no idea.
Sign up to rate and review this story