Categories > Original > Drama > Life Of A Modern Day Teen

Life Of A Modern Day Teen

by MarissaBby 0 reviews

Melissa Stradford, a fourteen year old girl living in Sydney, Australia who is trying to tackle all the speed bumps that life is throwing her way Boys. Girls. Family. School. 4 ingrediants tha...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-01-24 - Updated: 2008-01-24 - 421 words

0Unrated
I start to panic as I see there's seven days 'til school starts. Seven days until I have to kiss the beautiful summer holiday's goodbye. Seven days 'til I have to put up with "Oh my god I broke a nail" for six hours a day. Seven days 'til I have to cope with the guy of my dreams get his heart slowly ripped out by the one and only Bitchinator! And seven days 'til I have to actually focus on my school work. And the only good thing that will occur on the seven-day deadline is that finally I will have complete freedom of my parents! No more of that, "Stop getting into trouble Melissa!" bullshit that I had to put up with these holidays. My parents worry way too much about me. I seriously think they need to pull out whatever they have shoved so firmly up their ass so they can just calm down.

I actually decided to bum around the house today...shocker I know but hey! I need to give my friends a break from listening to me for a day. I'm surprised on how much crap actually comes out of my mouth. Honestly, how do my friends put up with it? And especially Veronica who I talk to like 3 times a day. She has enough problems of her own and here I come piling all of my pussy problems for her to deal with. She deserves a gold medal for putting up with me for so long.

Anyway, I'm sitting here looking at a computer screen for a good two hours a day. It sort of makes you realize how much your life actually sucks. I mean, seriously who actually knows 349 people? It's pathetic. All I'm doing is working out my finger muscles and that's about it. So unless I intend to be a very busy secretary for the rest of my life, I think I seriously need to consider reducing my hours looking at a computer monitor.

Should actually be getting off my ass to go and make something of myself. How am I ever going to become a famous interior designer by sitting on my fat ass and typing all day? I'm not very artistic to begin with so that makes my job even harder; The fact is that I really couldn't be stuffed doing anything at the moment, so if I'm really destined to be an interior designer I'm hoping that the talent will just come to me at the right time.
Sign up to rate and review this story